Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 05:24:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crafty Basterds -- The Stuff I made thread  (Read 98136 times)
WarrenJ

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 10:14:26 AM »

I've always wanted to redo my kitchen with that concrete/stainless look.  Looks great!

This isn't a dress rehearsal for life - this is it!
fastwin
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 10:41:32 AM »

Awesome stuff! I love looking at cool stuff folks think of and then make it happen with their hands. I can't do shit and have no talent so I really appreciate folks that have all that. Heck, I don't think I could even make a stack of paperwork like ducatiz! Well, maybe... but it would be old motorcycle magazines! laughingdp

This could be my new favorite thread! Keep it coming!! applause popcorn bow down
brimo

酒後吐真言

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 09:54:03 PM »

I built this from a very run down old property, unfortunately had to sell due to a break up. Sold it about 3 years ago.
It does have wood steel and ceramic, maybe just on a bigger scale.....

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=106001935&f=0&p=10&t=res&ty=&fmt=&header=&cc=&c=81725942&s=qld&snf=rbs&tm=1263887424

"The make the beast with two backsin monkey started it..."

From a story by RAT900
http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=54722.msg1015917#msg1015917
T. Rush

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 02:16:21 AM »

Always wanted to learn blacksmithing and welding. Nice feather triangleforge. And the concrete sculpture and counters are great vindingo. I've been doing woodworking almost forever . Here's some stuff I've done a number of years ago for the same client.

A wall unit/desk that I moved into a new addition

New bookcases, mantel and coffered ceiling in same addition. Sorry about the paint color. Designer was off her rocker.
That's enough.

Tod

Remember to define the space you occupy
stateprez

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 04:07:13 AM »

A little crude considering the company....freezer converted kegerator:

'03 999 Mono
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 04:51:03 AM »

Grin

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 05:06:28 AM »

I was waiting for that.  applause

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Oldfisti
Some call it a sub, dagwood, hoagie or footlong. I just call it my...

My mom says I'm a catch.

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 05:43:01 AM »

Wood

This is one of the last projects I built before going back to school (it was for a DMF member)  

This was a proto-type I built in school for a computer desk

Very nice!

Now you just need to carve yourself a new canoe...

Tongue

It's like I keep saying:  Those who would sacrifice a free range session for a giant beer, deserve neither free range time nor a giant beer.
i have had guys reach back and grab my crotch in an attempt to get around me. i'll either blow in their ear or ask them politely to let go of my wang.
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 05:45:27 AM »

Awesome stuff.  I am shopless at the moment. I've thought about building a shop since I moved here, however I always thought I would be in the DC area for a couple of years at most.  10 years later, I am still here without a shop.  I have most of the tools, but my carpentry is oriented towards my house lately.  Want to get back into blacksmithing (took a few classes) and welding (took a bunch of classes and worked in muffler and 4x4 fab shop).  No place to work though.....

Soon I will be building some built in shelving in my new living room/dining room (http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=32276.0) with a TV cabinet complete with TV lift.  I have a half completed coffee table I am making out of a cherry tree I had cut down a year ago.  It was huge and had a double trunk.  Maybe I'll get around to finishing that.......wish I had access to a blacksmith shop to make some legs....

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 06:30:03 AM »

Angler --

Virtually all of my blacksmithing in the DC area was out at Colvin Run Mill in Fairfax County, VA; they've got a turn of the century (the previous one) era blacksmith shop on site and in exchange for volunteering behind the anvil & answering (several times a day) "Well, actually farriers make horseshoes...", I got all the mild steel & coal I could burn. I brought my own hammers, tongs & other hand tools (because the ones there in the shop are community property and look like it) and any specialty/tool steels I wanted, but it's a great deal, a lot of fun, and some great camaraderie with the other volunteer smiths. Check it out, and if you'd like to volunteer there, tell Mike Henry (the site director) Brad DeVries sent you.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/crm/

I went to a couple of demonstrations as well at the Blacksmiths Guild of Potomac shop in Arlington, VA -- it's a beautiful, well-equipped shop and a great deal at just $35 a year for membership. I don't know how they schedule time at the anvil, but some of the pieces that members make are stunning!!!

http://www.bgop.org/

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
angler
my dangling

'05 S2R 800 Dark

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 06:33:44 AM »

Angler --

Virtually all of my blacksmithing in the DC area was out at Colvin Run Mill in Fairfax County, VA; they've got a turn of the century (the previous one) era blacksmith shop on site and in exchange for volunteering behind the anvil & answering (several times a day) "Well, actually farriers make horseshoes...", I got all the mild steel & coal I could burn. I brought my own hammers, tongs & other hand tools (because the ones there in the shop are community property and look like it) and any specialty/tool steels I wanted, but it's a great deal, a lot of fun, and some great camaraderie with the other volunteer smiths. Check it out, and if you'd like to volunteer there, tell Mike Henry (the site director) Brad DeVries sent you.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/crm/

I went to a couple of demonstrations as well at the Blacksmiths Guild of Potomac shop in Arlington, VA -- it's a beautiful, well-equipped shop and a great deal at just $35 a year for membership. I don't know how they schedule time at the anvil, but some of the pieces that members make are stunning!!!

http://www.bgop.org/

Cool - good tips.  I'll definitely look into this.

996 forks, BoomTubes, frame sliders, CRG bar-end mirrors, vizitech integrated tail light, rizoma front turn signals, rizoma grips, cycle cat multistrada clip ons, pantah belt covers - more to come

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. H. L. Mencken
Monster Dave

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 07:53:41 AM »

You guys are some crafty people! Awesome!  waytogo
Ddan
Some of my best friends are whores

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 01:22:29 PM »

Does this count?  ( I had help  Grin  )

2000 Monster 900Sie, a few changes
1992 900 SS, currently a pile of parts.  Now running
                    flogged successfully  NHMS  12 customized.  Twice.   T3 too. 
Ducati Monster Forum at
www.ducatimonsterforum.org
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2010, 01:44:48 PM »

You old...

snowmaker.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Ddan
Some of my best friends are whores

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2010, 01:45:45 PM »

You old...

snowmaker.
Done that, too    waytogo

2000 Monster 900Sie, a few changes
1992 900 SS, currently a pile of parts.  Now running
                    flogged successfully  NHMS  12 customized.  Twice.   T3 too. 
Ducati Monster Forum at
www.ducatimonsterforum.org
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: