Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 09, 2024, 05:54:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: stuck in gear  (Read 1861 times)
09/1100

« on: November 08, 2009, 12:20:28 PM »

i have a 09 monster 1100. i was out riding all day today and as i was pulling into my drive way and downshifting the shift lever got stuck in the down position. the bike is stuck in 2nd gear. i tried rocking it back and forth to see if it would come out of gear with no luck. i even took apart the linkage thinking that was the problem again no luck. the bike just seems to be stuck in 2nd gear. anyone ever had this happen to them?
Duckintime

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 07:51:19 PM »

The Hypermotard had this issue, and it was a spring that would break inside. But honestly, get it to a dealer for warranty. Your covered through roadside assistance, so even the towing will be free.
Speeddog
West Valley Flatlander
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

RIP Nicky

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 08:11:17 AM »

The Hypermotard had this issue, and it was a spring that would break inside. But honestly, get it to a dealer for warranty. Your covered through roadside assistance, so even the towing will be free.

+1 all the way.

- - - - - Valley Desmo Service - - - - -
Reseda, CA

(951) 640-8908

~~~ "We've rearranged the deck chairs, refilled the champagne glasses, and the band sounds great. This is fine." - Alberto Puig ~~~
scott_araujo

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 01:46:31 PM »

+1.  Buddy with a 750 got stuck in gear, it was also a spring.  Under warranty?  Not your problem, get to the dealer and ask them nicely to fix it.

Scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: