Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 02:01:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pictures of the clean monster and some post low side pics  (Read 3538 times)
deepak8612

« on: November 08, 2009, 06:29:07 AM »

Low sided the bike this week. Just in time for a nice riding weekend too. Crap bang head  bang head bang head. Here are some pics of the clean bike and the damage following the wreck.

any thoughts on where I can get parts for a good price? especially the replacemnet on the cyclecat rearsets(they seem hard to find). This seems like something I should be able to fix on my own. But the lack of proper tools is going to prevent me from doing that. Anyone in or around chapel hill feel like being generous and helping me out?
smooth

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 02:55:03 PM »

Sorry to hear you went down. Other than the new damage, that's a great looking bike. Is your right footpeg gone? Looks like it in the pics.

I don't know where you might find Cyclecat replacement parts since they're out of business. I've not look those rearsets over close up, but you may be able to replace the peg with another brand if you know how it mounts and what it looks like. The rear brake lever may be saved with a little heat and some careful bending. I wouldn't mind to lend a hand, but I'm over in Charlotte. Other than the right rearset and front brake lever, it looks pretty ridable.
deepak8612

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 04:34:09 AM »

The right footpeg is indeed gone. Basically ground it down and snapped it off. Didnt know that you can replace the footpeg alone. Will keep an eye out for those. The bike has a amazingly low amount of damage for going down at about 30 or 40. The 2 brake levers, footpeg/rearset on the right side and the mirror on the right side took the brunt of the damage.

The only thing I'm really worried about is the crack that you can see in the last picture. If I'm not mistaken, that is the clutch cover?
smooth

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 05:26:04 PM »

The only thing I'm really worried about is the crack that you can see in the last picture. If I'm not mistaken, that is the clutch cover?

Yeah, that's the clutch cover. Shouldn't be a problem unless you have a wet clutch. If you do, it may be repairable if it's leaking.

cduarte

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 10:21:51 PM »

Yeah, that's the clutch cover. Shouldn't be a problem unless you have a wet clutch. If you do, it may be repairable if it's leaking.

or, get a replacement on ebay and put it on, and while you have it apart, check that the nut that retains your clutch is on tight... That sure looks like a wet clutch cover to me, S2R800, right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ducati-750ss-clutch-side-engine-cover_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2303c7ce4fQQitemZ150387281487QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ducati-Monster-695-620-S2R-Right-Wet-Clutch-Side-Cover_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem518e261374QQitemZ350277210996QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...
deepak8612

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 03:52:38 AM »

its actually a modded 695. it i a wet clutch and i think the replacement part is about 500$. thanks for those links. i might be able to get some parts at cost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: