Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 06:05:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese driving license  (Read 3364 times)
Wanwo

« on: July 21, 2008, 05:04:23 AM »

Hi y'all!

Ah, my first local post on this board. I'm a 41 yo white male living in Tokyo. Riding an S2R 800 which I brought to this country myself. I'd be happy to meet any DMFers around these parts. Send me a PM.

Now that introductions are out of the way, post subject - Japanese license. I'm riding on an international license and was told that after one year I have to go for a Japanese one. I see foreigners driving cars around here all the time so I figure it can't be that hard.

So anyone have one? Do you have to do a written test, a driving test? Is alright if your Japanese is not so hot?

Thanks and enjoy the summer riding!
mihama01

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 10:12:13 PM »

If you live in Tokyo, I believe you can just exchange it for a Japanese one. There may be a simple test but nothing like as difficult as the Japanese take.

Give em a call

http://www.keishicho.metro.tokyo.jp/foreign/organize/people.htm

Red S4Rs, Tokyo
slowpoke13

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 10:44:32 PM »

Military don't require Japanese lic. Just the US License, Mil ID and a "permit to drive" which runs through the base. So, a lot of those "others" you see driving in Japan might have gone that route.

slowpokesan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: