Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 11:10:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 128 ways to drop your bike  (Read 25868 times)
Manny
Local Moderator

'06 MTS 1000ds S - sexier than ever

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 11:13:29 AM »

Trying to put pitbull stand on bike by yourself and watching bike fall to the right, and hitting the next bike which hit the next bike which hit the next bike which fell all the way over.

Cry
NekkedChic
Naked Bikes-u dirty boyz!

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 06:31:01 AM »

OK, I'll Play too:

How 'bout
#129.  Noob, on Ninja 250, following S/O on Triumph thru BUSY HD Dealership, round bend, hubbi "disappears", know he turned? right. Too close to curb on right, suddenly see where he "went"-saw HUGE hill downwards to immediate stop sign and said "SCREW THIS"-so jump off to walk down, let bike slide by itself?  Well, not really, but kinda freaked, overwhelmed to see hill and tight right, braked TOO HARD w/front while at tippy top on lean downward and, bars flung outta hands, bike went down on right, on CONCRETE curb. Owie. lol   

#130.  Lookin KEWL in Key West on Speed Triple.  Been parked for while, time to move bikes, in hurry, so get all momentum up to push Speed Triple forward, FAST, but forgot steering lock was still on.

Ducatista Barista
myssrhl

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2008, 07:29:54 PM »

pulling into a gas station with about 20 folks in our group....

I'm cool just turn the key off and roll into a parking spot....... one problem..

The steering locked....

Did a cute step off and lay it down....

Jeeezzz...

"Never grow old .... Never give up"
Bun-bun

2002 M620 Dark ie

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2008, 06:17:03 PM »

#131) Pull onto sidewalk in front of your house, put foot down on grass strip between sidewalk and road, only to realize that your @#$&* neighbor let little Fifi do her business right there., scramble madly trying to A) not lose the bike, and B) not fall in little Fifi's excretions.

"A fanatic is a man who does what he knows God would do, if only god had all the facts of the matter" S.M. Stirling
CairnsDuc
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2008, 09:30:25 PM »

Thankfully this was not me

Pulled up at a set of lights and I notice on the opposite side of the road an old Harley rolling up to the lights,
He was first in his lane, he pulls up and proceeds to topple over.

I drove into the Intersection (made sure it was clear) and quickly parked nearby and ran over, by the time I got there the people in cars nearby had already gotten out to help him.

He is still on the ground, Laughing his ass off, WTF?!?

He said he rode up and just simply forgot to put his feet down when he stopped!!

While he picks himself up about 4 of us lift his bike up and wheel it off the road, he gives it a quick look over, nothing broken (handle bars are a bit bent) He jumps on his bike and rumbles off down the road grinning like a loon  Grin

All I can say is, I hope I can see the funny side should I ever drop my bike.  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 09:32:08 PM by CairnsDuc » Logged
Dano7891

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2008, 04:09:42 PM »

Damn you #104 (Stupid gate arm!)  bang head

Dano
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2009, 04:59:44 PM »

did anyone actually catch this one?

* 37 Trying to countersteer (or wheelie) your shaft driven bike?

why cant you countersteer or wheelie a shaft driven bike?Huh?

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
dezoe
·······························

S2R 1000 2008 red

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2009, 07:58:17 AM »

#133) (?)
At the gas station to fill up your bike for the first time.. decide that you are just a little bit too far from the pump. Push the bike forward and be sure to start the pushing motion when the bike is still leaning some -and let the side stand be pushed back a bit by the friction against the ground..  Put the bike at the side stand again and feel the horror when the stand folds back and the bike drops  bang head

S2R 1000 2008 red - Arrow Ti slip-on, FatDuc, tail chop, cheap led indicators     620ie 2004 red *sold*

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!  - Homer Simpson 
Rufus120

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2009, 12:18:21 PM »

Well I knew sooner or later I would have one for this thread... bang head

I was getting ready to head up to Portland for the summer and I need to trailer the bike.  Last time I used an enclosed trailer from u-haul, but this time I decided to use the trailer I have for my snowmobile instead.  It's just a 4'x8' tilting harbor freight trailer. 
   Get the bike up on there and start to figure out how I'm going to strap it down.  Currently the bike it just sitting on the kick stand. Anybody see it coming yet?  I jump up to attach the first tie down and all of a sudden everything starts moving.  I start sliding backwards.  Why?  Because I was so nervous loading the bike and so concerned about it on the trailer that I FORGOT TO PUT THE PINS BACK IN so it wouldn't tilt!  bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head  Normally if that happens with my sled it's no biggie.

Everything happened in slow motion to.  I'm trying to keep the bike from falling as I'm sliding down.  The bike wasn't straight on the trailer and it pitches away from me.  I'm trying to keep it from falling, but it's going to happen.  Mind you the trailer is another foot+ off the ground.  All I can think about is how smashed up my Termis where going to be as it crashes to the ground.
     Now my bike is almost upside down on the ground. I was almost too scared to look.  But I had no choice.  Smashed stock mirror (boo hoo right) that was going to be replaced anyway. Scratched bar end. My Speedymoto clutch cover to most of the damage from the side of the trailer and saved the tank from any damage.  It still only has a few scratches.  And the Termis you ask?  Some how they are fine. One of the rivets got a bit scuffed up, but no damage to the carbon.
   I have no idea how I didn't do some serious damage to the poor girl.  Needless to say I had about a dozen tie downs holding her on the trailer and we made the 750 mile trip fine. I don't think I'll ever forget about the pins ever again.

Now I just need to unload her.  Undecided
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2009, 05:54:19 PM »

I went to pick up my bike from friends place to put her up on U-Haul trailer and take to mechanic tommorrow.

I take the front bike stand off. 

I take the back bike stand off.

Bang... falls but the ladder by the wall kind of broke the fall and speedy moto frame slider came to the rescue.  Money well spent.

Reason? I forgot to put the bike stand   .

and I have just been thinking about ordering the axle frame slider and swing arm.

No visible damage.  CRG mirrors survived with no damage.  I see nothing so far.   

Safely on U-Haul.  Hope no mishaps the next 60 miles tommorrow.

Once again everyone - becareful !

620M 2004 Dark i.e.; ~ 57K miles (all me);  Looking to swap out engine now.
Triumph Speed Triple 2006 (now ~ 44K miles bought @ 4K miles on 04/2010)
Honda Grom 2015 ~ 3500miles so far.  Love this lil bike
JJG1975

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2010, 10:42:49 AM »

I once saw a guy at a rest stop check his Harley in the back of a uhaul. It looked like he use 40 straps, but the 1/2" drywall screws used to fasten the anchors to the truck body pulled out. Was the oddest display of anger and sadness I have ever seen in my life...
bevel
She called it a

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2010, 03:27:28 AM »

#135 - Come to a stop sign at the end of a side road that intersects with the main road halfway up a hill. Decide to put foot on downhill slope instead of uphill slope. Hijinks ensue.

2003 SV650
Eventually I'll have a Ducati
SacDuc

WWSDD?

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2010, 07:47:06 AM »

I've done:
Having some jackass start backing out of parking spot in the gas station and when you grab the brake you put only one foot down and that foot lands in a puddle of oil and quickly gets out form under you.  Angry

I've seen:
Having your kick stand down but getting off of the wrong side of your bike.  Roll Eyes

sac

HATERS GONNA HATE.
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2010, 03:20:49 PM »

i would like to add to # 100..
getting a bee in your helmet while moving.
bad..

also, can i add: having one of the kickstand bolts go missing during a ride..and you dont notice until you climb off the bike and the stand folds under.

and cant help but comment on _all_ the "forgot to put the kickstand down...
i NEVER turn my bike off with the key. using the kickstand kill switch is the best way to insure against this. i would much rather risk a dead battery than watch my bike fall over.

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2010, 05:21:48 PM »

I've seen:
Having your kick stand down but getting off of the wrong side of your bike.  Roll Eyes

I actually had to do that the other day to avoid dropping my bike.  I parked at a gas station and there was a very slight slope down to the right, enough to make the bike less stable on the kickstand.   I can't touch both feet down simultaneously (even toes) so my shifting my weight to the left to try to dismount that way made the bike feel like it wanted to go over to the right.  When I shifted to the right and dismounted on that side, it pushed the weight more onto the sidestand.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: