Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 06:45:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 128 ways to drop your bike  (Read 25630 times)
GLantern

08 Red 1098, 07 DRZ400S

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2008, 06:04:28 PM »

* 40 Getting pissed off for dropping it in the first place, yanking it vigorously off the ground, only to have it drop to the _other_ side.

True story Lips Sealed

"Just ride and never ever look back"

www.suspectsunlimited.com
ROBsS4R

No matter where you go, there you are

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2008, 09:43:05 PM »

* 15 Using too much power when you pull out of a greasy toll booth.

I did a burn out accidentally leaving a tollbooth because of this. Wonder if the tollbooth person thought I was being an A hole  Huh?

*129 pulling out of a parking lot from a Ducati Meet Up and stalling the bike in a slow turn and falling over  waytogo

SOLD 03 - Ducati Monster Dark M620

05 - Ducati Monster Blue/white S4R

My Photo Site http://secondnature.smugmug.com/

desmobloke

750ie Dark

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 01:46:21 PM »

Thanks for the laugh, it's all so painfully true and it helps redress the ballance for the times when I was the only one not laughing.

130 Pull up outside the bar, dab the front brake only to find it's on a flattened beer can and do the dreaded slow motion staggering splits in front of all your mates.

131 Your helpful nephew polishes your seat with silicon dashboard spray. You jump on the bike, shoot straight off the other side, jump up angrily, trip and take the bike with you.

Ahh! Summer changes everything. BARMAN!
roy-nexus-6

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 05:13:05 PM »

132: riding down pigs during a hunt, and have a startled (& very angry) kangaroo leap up into the lap of the rider, & pummel him for the 15 seconds he was able to remain upright Grin

(obviously NOT on a ducati).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 06:38:22 PM by roy-nexus-6 » Logged

mangeldbug

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 06:26:03 PM »

Ill add one that probably wasnt mentioned (no I didnt read all 128)

Parking your bike on a slightly off cambered road to check on your buddy that just wrecked in front of you and while you pick up HIS bike, your bike tosses itself into the guardrail/gravel due to a freak gust of wind  bang head

2002 M750Si.e. "Senna" - Meravigliosa, Mera for short
2017 390 Duke Commuter
2001 XT225 Zombie Assault Vehicle
1987 YSR50 #116 race bike
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2008, 07:48:41 AM »

So where's "Own a Ducati with an automatic retracting kickstand?"  I've test-ridden a couple, and just KNOW that'd bite me in the butt sooner rather than later.  laughingdp

#101, "Trying to start out in a quick turn (leaning in anticipation of giving it throttle) and stalling it out because the engine hasn't warmed yet - it's a nice, slow drop..." is pretty much a word for word description of my first DOH! on the Monster.

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
cmorgan47

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2008, 07:07:23 PM »

* 4 Missing the driveway and sliding on the grass.
slightly amended to taking off down the driveway, seeing a car coming down the street at the last second and swerving into the wet grass....same result

* 5 Not putting the kickstand down when getting off.
my dad did this a couple of years back.... while sitting on a bike in a dealership

i'll also add having the side stand on your 30 year old honda rust off leaving you with a bike on it's side and a fairly large hold in the frame where it was once attached
darkduke

'07 S4rs

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2008, 09:51:00 AM »

133 - Trying to put your bike on a pitbull rearstand with too much vigor and watch it go past center and fall the opposite way.  applause

-ZG Windscreen - Pazzo Levers - CRG Lanesplitters - Arrow Steering Damper - Retro Tank Logos - Tail Chop - Speedymoto Clutch Cover, Springs, Caps, DP Carbon Rear Hugger, DP ECU & Open Airbox with Chopped Titanium Arrows
Manny
Local Moderator

'06 MTS 1000ds S - sexier than ever

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2008, 04:50:11 PM »

Standing over a bike in the dealership and simply spacing out...

Happened to the 4 year old girl I take care of over the weekend. Her little brain just freaked out that there was a bike just her size.  laughingdp
Pancake81

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2008, 08:07:46 AM »

wow, thats a list. It would be cool to find the 2 second footage of each one and make a compilation for youtube

About the same time you're dragging your knees through a series of tight left-right-handers on Sunday afternoon, some guy in white shoes is sweating a 3-foot putt. Go figure.
calscrazy

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 04:59:36 PM »

134- missing the bottom step coming out of the attic and knocking your 1 week old bike over. then drop enough bad words to make a druken sailor start crying.  who do i know that could be so clumsy? Hmmmmm.... oh yeah my da#! self!

home will always be between the red and rio!!!
2007 m695 errr recently passed away
Ducatista

I don't need to brag about a titanium member.

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 05:53:24 PM »

wow, thats a list. It would be cool to find the 2 second footage of each one and make a compilation for youtube

I would die laughing.  Chipo?  You have homework!

carbon fiber Superbike front fender, bar end mirrors, floating cast iron rotors, carbon fiber chin fairing, Cycle Cat frame sliders, Arrow carbon fiber low mount slip ons, Rizoma billet cam belt covers w/ plexi windows, Rizoma billet front sprocket cover, billet handlebar clamp, carbon fiber rear hugger, tail chop, open air box, Corbin seat, stainless clutch springs w/ black keepers, suicideless sidestand bolt, Evoluzione clutch slave cylinder

www.myspace.com/bitgoddess
EEL

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2008, 06:59:49 AM »

135 - Using a frontstand without a rearstand.

Lesson learned...
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2008, 04:18:02 PM »

135 - Using a frontstand without a rearstand.

Lesson learned...

What happened?

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
Raux
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 07:45:26 AM »

Starting your bike to warm it up, neutral light on (bike in IZ_ neutral), with spring loaded kickstand.

Trying to put pitbull stand on bike by yourself and watching bike fall to the right, and hitting the next bike which hit the next bike which hit the next bike which fell all the way over.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: