Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 07, 2024, 02:09:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback wanted on Rebuild Concept  (Read 7694 times)
Raux
« on: October 29, 2009, 11:18:09 AM »

I won't go over all the bits and pieces, but here's the concept for the rebuild.
JEFF_H

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 11:23:41 AM »

i'd hit it  waytogo
Triple J
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 11:25:58 AM »

Not a fan of the 1098 fairing. The other changes look good though.
JEFF_H

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 11:32:37 AM »

could the fairing come back a little towards the tank?
Oldfisti
Some call it a sub, dagwood, hoagie or footlong. I just call it my...

My mom says I'm a catch.

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 11:35:05 AM »

About the fairing...

Pull it in back towards the bike and maybe trim it a bit on the backside and the proportions will work better.

I like where you are going with this.  waytogo

It's like I keep saying:  Those who would sacrifice a free range session for a giant beer, deserve neither free range time nor a giant beer.
i have had guys reach back and grab my crotch in an attempt to get around me. i'll either blow in their ear or ask them politely to let go of my wang.
Oldfisti
Some call it a sub, dagwood, hoagie or footlong. I just call it my...

My mom says I'm a catch.

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 11:35:40 AM »

could the fairing come back a little towards the tank?

DOH!

You just said it!   laughingdp

It's like I keep saying:  Those who would sacrifice a free range session for a giant beer, deserve neither free range time nor a giant beer.
i have had guys reach back and grab my crotch in an attempt to get around me. i'll either blow in their ear or ask them politely to let go of my wang.
RetroSBK

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 11:39:57 AM »

looking good!

I would likewise pull the front fairing in, and reduce the amount of the fairing trailing behind the headlight both top and bottom.

A superbike front fender might alos be an easy touch

Will Kenefick's Retro Superbike. Bringing you the sickest Sh*t since '94
Raux
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 11:42:47 AM »

the bracket to mount it is from an 848 and is the stock distance. moving it back would require a whole new bracket... but is something i've thought about.

the backside would be trimmed once i've figure out how to mount the backside to the frame.

this is just the concept art. once i start mocking some parts up i'll get a better idea about alternatives.
Raux
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 11:43:45 AM »

A superbike front fender might alos be an easy touch

on the way Wink i have a sbk, a stock monster (although cracked) and a DP aluminum to choose from.
Langanobob

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 11:51:45 AM »

I like the exhaust and the sort of titanium case color.  Like others have mentioned, the fairing detracts from the elemental nature of the bike.  I've been following your engine mod thread in the tech section.  It seems to me that if you take lots of pictures you're going to have the makings of a good magazine article when you're done.  You might be able to recover some of your costs that way.  I think there are some authors here who might be able to give the magazine article idea a reality check.  Never published a bloody thing myself, so I don't know much about what I'm talking about.

Raux
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 12:01:48 PM »

I like the exhaust and the sort of titanium case color.  Like others have mentioned, the fairing detracts from the elemental nature of the bike.  I've been following your engine mod thread in the tech section.  It seems to me that if you take lots of pictures you're going to have the makings of a good magazine article when you're done.  You might be able to recover some of your costs that way.  I think there are some authors here who might be able to give the magazine article idea a reality check.  Never published a bloody thing myself, so I don't know much about what I'm talking about.

the case is magnesium.

guess i'll have to defend the fairing a bit. I was very fond of the Supersports so when Ducati killed off the line... well you see where i'm going.

thanks for the article idea. i'll try to keep better notes.
JEFF_H

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 12:07:27 PM »

I thought 900CR when i saw the pic
there was also an aftermarket front fairing that was cut higher at the bottom than the CR one....looked even better.
teddy037.2
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 12:21:03 PM »

1098 fairing might work if the tank weren't so curvy, but that can't be helped.  maybe find a way to get the fairing less pointy?

not a fan of the all red frame, but that's prolly just me.

like the pipes  waytogo
Monster Dave

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 12:21:28 PM »

waytogo

Like a monsterized Hailwood. Though, I'd add dual cone exhaust (one for each side)
Raux
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 12:22:56 PM »

waytogo

Like a monsterized Hailwood. Though, I'd add dual cone exhaust (one for each side)

the plan is for 2 megaphone mufflers tucked under the tail.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: