Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 23, 2024, 03:24:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tailchop Bracket Schematic...  (Read 27081 times)
Tsugaro

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 04:48:42 AM »

So this is my current tail piece:

I have no stock parts for it. Will I need a pair of stock turn signals to do a chop and use this bracket?
mitt
Flounder-Administrator

2003 M1000s

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2009, 06:10:23 AM »

I used a different one - and it doesnt look like I can attach a .pdf file... 
Original file was one I downloaded from the DML - made using CAD engineering software (not by me).  Measurements are perfect and scale of .pdf is 1:1 (I just printed it and traced it onto my aluminum sheet).  I dont know if the image below is to scale.  Measurements are in mm.
Let me know if anyone wants me to email them the .pdf (I will need your email address since I cannot PM you a file).

before bending.  It was cut out of 1/8" aluminum

Finished product (before and after)

Stock license plate bracket: 1 lb. 6 oz.
New aluminum bracket: 7 oz.
Weight savings: 15 oz, nearly a pound!

As you can see I did not cut down the beer tray.  I decided against doing that since I frequently ride in the rain and I heard about your back getting splattered with water, mud, stones, etc. when you even do a half beer tray chop.  After switching the stock license plate bracket for my small Al one, I am happy to report that my back and the tail end of the bike are just as clean as it was with the stock bracket.   Smiley

FYI  - I made that CAD file and print...

Grin

lazylightnin717

we used to play for silver, now we play for life

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2010, 05:47:57 PM »

This is my home rendition of a license plate/tail light bracket for the tail chop. I hooked everything up and it works like a charm. I used both 1/8" aluminum for the tail light and 1/16" for the license plate. SS bolts and nylocks all around. I sanded it all with 80 grit, primed it with vari-prime and painted it flat black with a lacquer based paint. A few coats of clear coat and this is what you get. It is still considered prototype in my opinion because I had to use a few washers here and there to add some space, but it works for now. This is for an 02 S4 so if anybody needs more info, shoot me a PM. Those are also some plugs that I had a machinist at work mill out for me. They also got painted and look sharp.

Comes a time
When the blind man takes your hand
Says don't you see
Gotta' make it somehow
On the dreams you still believe
PabloM750
New monster owner, old monster fan

Love my monster.

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2014, 05:30:01 PM »

Hi, sorry to reopen an old post. For some reason I can't see any of the images. I was hoping someone had the diagrams so I could print and trace, cut and bend. I am trying to avoid the huge postage on a pro made unit as they want more than the bracket price to ship to oz. I never planned on chopping but some prick busted my tray by ripping turn signals off and it's a pain to find the parts. Mine are beyond repair. I need to make it asap as I want to ride.  If they don't exist will draw my own. Just hoping to save time. Need one with holes for plate light and turn signals.

Cheers

Wish I was riding now ,instead I'm planning tomorrow's ride. First ride at 7 years old, never been bike less since.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: