Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 23, 2024, 08:13:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 620, what to look for?  (Read 11423 times)
seevtsaab

05 M620

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2009, 07:52:40 AM »

Congrats on your purchase!

I've enjoyed my 05 620. I'm sure it was mentioned but the 14T front sprocket is a very good mod ~$25, call it essential.
I've put almost 7Kmi on mine this year and am sad to see the season winding down. I hope the missus enjoys the heck out of it.

Good luck surviving the mod-ite-us that is sure to hit.
Syscrush

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2018, 11:54:27 AM »

We got the bike, with 2 black keys, the red key, and the code card.  The original owner was very meticulous - even had the OEM riser bolts in a ziploc bag inside a bubblewrap envelope. Smiley
Well, last Thu I lost the black key that is the only one we've ever used for riding the bike. In that moment I realized that I had not seen the other black key, the red key, or the code card since around the time I posted the above. And I also realized that we had moved twice since then.

As I spent hour after hour ransacking the house in search of the box with those magic contents, the words I had posted here almost 10 years ago about being so content to have everything I needed to ward off disaster kept ringing in my ears. I knew how important that stuff was, how did I ever let myself lose track of it???

We started by looking in every logical place, but came up empty. I did find the special tool for adjusting the spring preload on my CBX's YSS shocks, though. Oh, and a melted pump from a Pro-Oiler I uninstalled many years ago.

I finally determined to methodically open and inspect every single box in our small but disorganized basement, one after one, just in spatial order with no preconceived notions of where I would or wouldn't find it. This process took 6 hours of time and 2 years of service life from my back and knees. I started to feel optimistic when I found things like every smart battery charger I have ever bought (three of 'em!), hard drives I had put into storage to grab and consolidate their photos later, the removable dropouts from my road bike, the original CB1100F calipers I thought were lost by my machinist when he installed the Brembo 4-pots, my old MP3 player, etc. etc.

But when I was down to just a bunch of old/discarded parts in unsorted cardboard boxes, I was thoroughly discouraged. By the time I picked up the absolute last uninspected box, overflowing with crumpled-up pieces of oily newspaper, I was gutted - sure that we were well and truly screwed.

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp
Well, in a move too cliched to be included in any well-written movie, at the very bottom of that very last box I found exactly what I was looking for.
Dolph Dolph Dolph

I post this here because I believe there are others who would appreciate or somehow relate to the highs and lows of this experience.
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2018, 12:04:22 PM »

Looking in the last box first, should be a known procedure by now  Huh?

Congratulations!  Dolph

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2018, 12:06:14 PM »

YAY!   Dolph Dolph Dolph Dolph Dolph
Syscrush

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2018, 11:42:02 AM »

For what it's worth, the bike is still very, very close to stock, and still very much loved.

It's a sweet little peach of a bike!

Here it is a few days ago:
GK

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2018, 12:16:22 PM »

Looks great. Glad you’re both enjoying it.
πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

2001 Ducati  Monster 900S ie
JE high comp pistons, bit of porting, open airbox with DP filter, PC3 with custom map, CCW matched injectors, Termignoni cf slip ons, 14:39 gearing.

Gone but not forgotten!
Honda VFR800i, Honda CBR600F3, Honda CBX750, Norton Commando 750S, Suzuki GS750, Yamaha XT250, Kawasaki Z250, Kawasaki KX80, Honda XL250, Suzuki TC100.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2018, 01:13:59 PM »

Looking in the last box first, should be a known procedure by now  Huh?

Congratulations!  Dolph
It's always the last box...

even if it is the first. Tongue

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: