Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 02:28:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 620, what to look for?  (Read 11427 times)
teddy037.2
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 03:53:27 PM »

^ what he said

iirc the ECU/lack of red key/code was a big part of mac900's basket case 999 debacle...

pretty bike, for a money pit  Sad
acemoney

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 04:05:05 PM »

but is needed to recode new keys...  

I've just run dealerships...what could I know,right?

well part of what you say might be right.....BUT part is wrong i know for a fact (first hand knowledge). i don't own dealerships BUT i do have keys recoded without a red key (thus not needing a red key). surely being a dealer you must have multiple horror stories of people who lost their red key?

so, basically the only REAL reason one would need one is if he was changing his ECU/Gauge? (and if your changing that then the cost of not having the red key was already 75% planned on be spent to begin with and not attributed to not having the red key. right?)

« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 04:06:48 PM by acemoney » Logged
kingbaby

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 04:37:24 PM »

well part of what you say might be right.....BUT part is wrong i know for a fact (first hand knowledge). i don't own dealerships BUT i do have keys recoded without a red key (thus not needing a red key). surely being a dealer you must have multiple horror stories of people who lost their red key?

so, basically the only REAL reason one would need one is if he was changing his ECU/Gauge? (and if your changing that then the cost of not having the red key was already 75% planned on be spent to begin with and not attributed to not having the red key. right?)

I sould have said (Iguess). If you lose your black key(s). That is the point here,right?  No red key, but have a black? At least I hope He has one black key.  If not it's a giant paper weight.

You CAN get new keys cut and programmed as long as you have an ORIGINAL black key, from which the codes can be copied, but you CANNOT just buy a red master key from Ducati.

Two different topics.

And I don't own the dealership.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 04:57:50 PM by kingbaby » Logged

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
acemoney

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 05:27:23 PM »

I sould have said, If you lose your black key(s). That is the point,right? No red key, but have a black.

You CAN get new keys cut and programmed as long as you have an ORIGINAL black key, from which the codes can be copied, but you CANNOT just buy a red master key from Ducati.

Two different topics.

And I don't own the dealership.

of course not, the POINT IS why does one NEED a red key if a bike comes with a OG black. losing all your original black keys would seem to me to be a BLACK KEY ISSUE. my whole point of the posts are what does the RED key do that the black one won't that actually matters enough to make it so important like most people make it out to be.

sorry, let me refrase.....surely RUNNING dealerships you've encountered many problems with such an important part, no?
acemoney

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 05:57:52 PM »

I sould have said (Iguess). If you lose your black key(s).

that's too big of an "IF" to make a red key important......because if your so stupid to have lost ALL your black keys without having made at least 2 extra copies (which are cheap) then you are 99% for sure have lost your red key too.

please someone speak up if you have lost ALL your keys? and explain how that happened.

i'm still convinced the red key is useless to 90+% of ducati owners.

SO, to the orignal poster.......i say screw the red key if he don't have it and if you like the bike and like the price pick it up, don't let a missing red key scare you off (my opinion of course).

minnesotamonster

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2009, 06:42:45 PM »

It's not only if you lose your black keys. As stated already you would need it if your gauges malfuctioned or went to shit. I've seen posts here of such things happening. Yeah you probably won't need it but if you pay full blue book for a bike that didn't have it and ended up needing it in the future, you'd probably not be too happy.

If there is no red key, use it as a bargaining chip to get a lower price for the bike. 

2004 S4R
1998 Honda F3 (Track)
2001 M600 (Now the Wife's)
acemoney

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2009, 08:17:15 PM »

As stated already you would need it if your gauges malfuctioned or went to shit. I've seen posts here of such things happening.

ya i heard that STATED earlier.....but if you could please link those posts you were talking about because they always seem to disappear.

If there is no red key, use it as a bargaining chip to get a lower price for the bike. 

you are right AND THAT IS BY FAR THE MOST COMMON AND USEFULL USE FOR THAT DAMN RED KEY!!!

i'm wondering how long it would take me to stop laughing when i go sell my bike and the buyer goes "no red key? your gonna have to come down $1000 just incase i lose ALL the keys your giving me OR incase the gauges malfunctions" hahaha oh boy, i might as well give him $200 more off INCASE the tires explode or $400 off for a new paint job because THERE MORE CHANCE of him stratching the bike driving away from my house then the gauge just up and malfunctioning.

kingbaby

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2009, 09:08:56 PM »

So Acemoney, All you are trying to tell us is :  You have no red key for your bike.

?

You asked a question and it has been answered.

This thread is to help someone in purchasing a bike, and not your beef with the RED KEY (sorry guys he likes doing that).

acemoney

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2009, 10:15:55 PM »

So Acemoney, All you are trying to tell us is :   You have no red key for your bike.

?

You asked a question and it has been answered.

This thread is to help someone in purchasing a bike, and not your beef with the RED KEY (sorry guys he likes doing that).

you must be a democrat..... slow (just figured out i don't have a red key after 2 pages), misleading (telling people how great some useless thing is having never USED one in the first place), and flat out liar (telling me my questions were answered which weren't, see below as just ONE example)

surely being a dealer you must have multiple horror stories of people who lost their red key?

p.s. i DID HELP HIM PURCHASE HIS BIKE.....after listening to you post it just PROVES MY POINT that people just TALK about it and never actually use it. so he owes you a thank you for helping him purchase a bike with no red key.

night night
Raux
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2009, 10:48:05 PM »

i had a chance to purchase a NICE 749... no red key/code card or whatever was needed... point is, i personally would never buy a bike without all the important components. Did Ducati realize the red key was an issue.. yes, that's why they all are just code cards now.

I don't think bashing someone with realworld knowledge about the red key and POTENTIAL (key word, POTENTIAL) problems is needed.

It's a buyer's risk if you buy without the immobilizer demobilizer (copyright Raux 2009). You may NEVER need it but if you do, you end up with a non-running work of art...
kingbaby

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2009, 10:53:09 PM »

you must be a democrat..... slow (just figured out i don't have a red key after 2 pages), misleading (telling people how great some useless thing is having never USED one in the first place), and flat out liar (telling me my questions were answered which weren't, see below as just ONE example)

surely being a dealer you must have multiple horror stories of people who lost their red key?

p.s. i DID HELP HIM PURCHASE HIS BIKE.....after listening to you post it just PROVES MY POINT that people just TALK about it and never actually use it. so he owes you a thank you for helping him purchase a bike with no red key.

night night

I'm a what

And you did what

Huh?

teddy037.2
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2009, 07:30:40 AM »

ya i heard that STATED earlier.....but if you could please link those posts you were talking about because they always seem to disappear.

there's a search button up on top that works pretty well.

and you might want to chill on the personal attacks/politicla nonsense. no need to get mods involved in an otherwise useful thread
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:32:12 AM by teddy037.2 » Logged
acemoney

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2009, 07:49:27 AM »

You may NEVER need it but if you do, you end up with a non-running work of art...

i'm gonna try (yes try) to end it with this post, or it will never end with the same back and forth nonsnese. my point about the key is that when people say "you might need it someday" that that "someday" never ever happens. i've still have yet to ever hear a story of one using the key in an "oh my god i need a red key" instance. but for the sake of this story say you have heard 1 or 2 stories......well, 2 keys being used out of MILLIONS of keys sound like the same odds as winning the lotto.

point blank: when a key/part is only used by less than one-tenth of 1% of owners than it cannot be considered an important or a much needed piece.

p.s. how funny would it be if i went outside today and my bike wouldn't start (and the red key was needed)
acemoney

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2009, 07:53:00 AM »

there's a search button up on top that works pretty well.

and you might want to chill on the personal attacks/politicla nonsense. no need to get mods involved in an otherwise useful thread

the search button is my point.....nothing there

it's never personal, just the facts.

somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2009, 11:31:55 AM »

the search button is my point.....nothing there

it's never personal, just the facts.

Search button works fine for me, I can see threads about it.

And yes, very few people need it; but if you need it and don't have it, it'll cost you quite a bit.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: