Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 07:42:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ungeheuer 1100S - Rexxer ECU reflash + PC5 + AT100 Dual Autotune.  (Read 166332 times)
swankdaddy7

« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2010, 04:06:09 PM »

I received my oil cooler side covers from Carbondude out of Australia.  Just wanted to comment; the pieces are indeed wet layup however they are thiner and lighter than most wet layup CF I've seen before.  The quality of the workmanship is good (I'd say very good for the price).  The fit is OK but I did have to do a little dremel work where the pieces lock together with the OEM oil cooler surround to make better fit. They would have worked as is but I'm kind of a stickler for trying to get the best fit, I even do this with OEM pieces sometime.  Overall, I'd say I'm happy with the purchase.  Only time will tell if they yellow quicker than more expensive CF but since my bike is stored in a garage I'm hoping for pretty good longevity.

Did you have to relocate the black (battery shaped) overflow reservoir (or whatever it is) on the left side of the bike?  I just got in some carbon oil cooler covers and it has no place to mount that piece.
swankdaddy7

« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2010, 04:08:04 PM »

When the sun creeps below the horizon and the sky is tinged with red...... before the Dark of the night comes Dusk....

My Ducati Dusk, a Red/Dark variation on the M1100 theme...

Did you have to relocate the black (battery shaped) overflow reservoir (or whatever it is) on the left side of the bike?  I just got in some carbon oil cooler covers and it has no place to mount that piece.  I don't see in your pics.
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2010, 04:24:50 PM »

Mate, the carbon canister is not a factory fitted stock item on Australian market Euro spec bikes, so nope I didnt have to remove it, it was never there.  Its common amoung US owners to ditch it however (since its ugly as sin anyway  Wink).  
Some info here >> http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=28527.0
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 04:28:30 PM by ungeheuer » Logged

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
swankdaddy7

« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2010, 07:46:47 PM »

Mate, the carbon canister is not a factory fitted stock item on Australian market Euro spec bikes, so nope I didnt have to remove it, it was never there.  Its common amoung US owners to ditch it however (since its ugly as sin anyway  Wink).  
Some info here >> http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=28527.0

Thanks a lot, that information is very helpful.  I was scratching my head even after looking at the shop manual.  I read through the link(s) that you included. 

Do you think I can just remove the box and plug the hoses, or do you think it is a little more complicated?  There was one link about removal from SR4 that looked somewhat involved.  If I get stuck, I guess I will ask my mechanic to remove it properly.  Thanks again.
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2010, 07:56:03 PM »

Do you think I can just remove the box and plug the hoses, or do you think it is a little more complicated?  There was one link about removal from SR4 that looked somewhat involved.  If I get stuck, I guess I will ask my mechanic to remove it properly.  Thanks again.
I'm definately not the expert on the issue since I've not had to contend with removing the thing...... I'm pretty sure Raux got rid of his charcoal canister so hopefully he'll chime in.....  Raux? Wo bist du?

Raux
« Reply #125 on: January 27, 2010, 06:43:14 AM »

swankdaddy7,

sorry took me so long to reply. i'm in germany so time difference. yes i did remove my canister and no it's not simple as plugging hoses, but it is simple.

give me a bit and i'll give you complete instructions.

http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=8630.msg213462#msg213462

it's on the thread above
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 07:09:29 AM by Raux » Logged
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

« Reply #126 on: January 27, 2010, 12:28:31 PM »

^ There ya go ^ swankdaddy7.  How's that for service?

ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2010, 12:45:40 PM »

I dont want to carry this thing around with me everywhere anymore..

...but if you unplug it the management gets upset..

..unless you tell pretty lies with something like this...

Weighing in at just 29 grams..

...rather than the half-kilo of stock hardware  Grin

Good work Mark waytogo (Now get busy fabricating!!  Wink cheeky).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 02:13:46 AM by ungeheuer » Logged

MotoCreations

Imagination + Engineering = Imagineering

« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2010, 01:45:34 PM »

I dont want to carry this thing around with me everywhere anymore..
...but if you unplug it the management gets upset..
..unless you tell it pretty lies with something like this...
Weighing in at just 29 grams..
...rather than the half-kilo of stock hardware  Grin
Good work Mark waytogo (Now get busy fabricating!!  Wink cheeky).

Our Duc.EE is pretty cool I even have to admit.  Not just because it is lightweight; not because it allows aftermarket seats to fit (some don't have clearance for the actuator motor); but because it gets rid of the funky Rube Goldberg device with cables which is UGLY and not applicable as well to aftermarket exhaust systems. 

My favorite part is installation.  Disconnect the plug to the factory actuator and plug in the Duc.EE.  Turn the ignition on and you are done -- it will synchronize @94% of the time the first turn.  Else it will do it on the second time the ignition is turned on.  Local dealership installed one on a StreetFighter and both techs gave me a look of "that was too easy" -- yup, that's the way it is supposed to work!

So far the 1198 Superbike guys went crazy ordering Duc.EE's for the Marelli ecu-enabled bikes they have.  Hopefully in six months, "Duc.EE" will be as well known as BoomTubes are!  (more cool stuff in the works ala parts and electronics soon!)

Back to TIG welding and fabrication -- work doesn't stop while typing on the Internet unfortunately....

stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2010, 02:03:35 PM »

Can you make something cool to fit in the empty space?  Cool

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2010, 02:39:20 PM »

...Disconnect the plug to the factory actuator and plug in the Duc.EE.  Turn the ignition on and you are done -- it will synchronize @94% of the time the first turn.  Else it will do it on the second time the ignition is turned on.  Local dealership installed one on a StreetFighter and both techs gave me a look of "that was too easy" -- yup, that's the way it is supposed to work!
Only 94% of the time?  Wink.  

Mine was fooled into "believing" at the first turn of the key and yeah, installation is much too easy to be paying dealer techs to do it Grin.  Ten minutes all up, and most of that time is spent removing the stock servo and cable mechanism....
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 07:32:09 PM by ungeheuer » Logged

Raux
« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2010, 07:53:11 PM »

Can you make something cool to fit in the empty space?  Cool
what? and add weight back?
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2010, 09:36:22 PM »

what? and add weight back?

Balloon filled with helium Cheesy

You know, as usual, Mark is ahead of all of us. Keep watching waytogo

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
Ohmic

« Reply #133 on: February 11, 2010, 10:10:15 PM »

Way cool  waytogo

Only 94% of the time?  Wink

Mine was fooled into "believing" at the first turn of the key and yeah, installation is much too easy to be paying dealer techs to do it Grin.  Ten minutes all up, and most of that time is spent removing the stock servo and cable mechanism....

We believe the stock cable tension on each individual bike has something to do with this. It tends to act as a "mechanical memory" that will move/set the stock encoder(flapper) to a fixed known position on its dynamic range.  When you install a "virgin" Duc.EE and power up for the very first time, your bike will wake up expecting to read the last know postion based on the tension the cable was pulling/pushing on the stock encoder to what it has in memory.  But now that you have gone and removed the stock cable/flapper setup and replaced it with a Duc.EE the default position Duc.EE will report to the ECU may not be in the window of what the ECU was expecting. The majority of the time the ECU will over look this and do a new homing sequence. On the rare occasion, during installation, it ends up swearing at you. If that is the case, like Mark pointed out, just switch off the bike and back on again to allow the ECU to relearn the new(Duc.EE's) position. You are then good to go. You will never experience this again.

'It's NOT a Harley... It's a Ducati!'

Bike#1: 2002 Ducati MH900e #1801
Bike#2: 2006 Ducati Monster S2R1000
Bike#3: 2006 Ducati Sport1000
Bike#4: 2008 Ducati HyperMotard 1100
pjfa

M696 pjfa Edition & 900SL III #643

« Reply #134 on: February 22, 2010, 03:38:49 AM »

Could you please confirm the hardware of those pics?
Speedymoto Top Triple Clamp
Swatt 2 1/2"

Any issue with the air intakes?
Did you mount the headligth without any changes?

I´ve seen another M1100S with the Top Triple Clamp from Speedymoto but it seems like the headlight is a little bit higher and forward than yours. I like as it fit in your Monster.

Here the Monster I´m talking about:

900 SL III #643 & 998s Final Edition
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: