Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 08:11:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will's Thread  (Read 78274 times)
WillS

« Reply #405 on: November 25, 2011, 11:24:34 PM »

stop paying for it
teddy037.3
« Reply #406 on: November 26, 2011, 07:17:33 AM »

stop paying for it

lol I'm workin' on that
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #407 on: January 30, 2012, 10:36:02 PM »

PM sent.  Wink

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #408 on: January 31, 2012, 05:14:34 PM »

PM sent.  Wink

... popcorn

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
WillS

« Reply #409 on: January 31, 2012, 09:57:42 PM »

coffee
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #410 on: January 31, 2012, 10:54:29 PM »

... popcorn

Settle down now and make sure you have a super big bag of popcorn 'cause you're sure going to need it.  Ain't nothin' big and sure isn't happening anytime soon..........
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 10:56:08 PM by MacDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #411 on: February 02, 2012, 04:24:48 AM »

Settle down now and make sure you have a super big bag of popcorn 'cause you're sure going to need it.  Ain't nothin' big and sure isn't happening anytime soon..........

popcorn bacon

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
teddy037.3
« Reply #412 on: March 13, 2012, 09:34:11 PM »

so, this morning was interesting... turned on bike, let the lights go/wait for the boot-up... just before I hit the starter button, the headlight flicked off and the orange lights (CEL and fuel) on the dash flicked at me...

wtf?  Huh?

bike started fine, and started after work with no problem...
WillS

« Reply #413 on: March 13, 2012, 09:59:18 PM »

check ground at case, and battery terms
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #414 on: March 13, 2012, 10:20:44 PM »

so, this morning was interesting... turned on bike, let the lights go/wait for the boot-up... just before I hit the starter button, the headlight flicked off and the orange lights (CEL and fuel) on the dash flicked at me...

wtf?  Huh?

bike started fine, and started after work with no problem...

Maybe you waited too long to start the bike??  Dunno...

Every once in a while I will switch on the 848 and it will display the Check Engine Malfunction Indicator Light and won't crank over. I just cycle the key and then it has the proper/usual pre-start up sounds and lights and then just starts right up.

This doesn't phase me..... much .......The 999 used to do that once in a while too so it always brings back those weird immobilzer nightmares for a couple of seconds but then all is right with the world.... so far.......

teddy037.3
« Reply #415 on: March 13, 2012, 10:22:34 PM »

check ground at case, and battery terms

I'll give it a lookie tomorrow
WillS

« Reply #416 on: March 13, 2012, 10:56:59 PM »

if it were an antenna problem, it wouldn't of started on that cycle, did you have to turn off/on then start? if so, maybe antenna. if you feel silly you can get it wet and see if it is worse.....or write it off for now and keep the ducati tow number in your phone

teddy037.3
« Reply #417 on: March 15, 2012, 06:33:06 AM »

ground, batt cables are tight, nothing unusual looking there... I'll try and wait a tic before starting it today to see if it repeats
 Huh?

:edit: turn key to on, waited maybe 10 seconds after boot, hit start. bike starts, orange lights flashed.  turned it off, then back on and start after the boot, no orange lights.

got to work, turned bike off. tried both wait/no wait to start, no orange lights.

possibly relevant, but I also don't recall my headlight going off while starting the bike until this started happening. possible weak batt? or is this normal and I just haven't noticed until now because I'm looking for something wrong?

:edit2: thinking back over the past month-ish, I did have a couple of times where the bike would start/die, or be slow to turn over. fig'd they were isolated incidents, though.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:03:09 AM by teddy037.3 » Logged
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #418 on: March 15, 2012, 08:26:23 AM »

I think headlight going out whilst running the starter motor is normal. You could get a load test done on the battery but if that sucker is any kind of low it won't even allow the starter relay to close and it usually isn't an intermittent problem. Ask Gene & I how we know.  Roll Eyes

WillS

« Reply #419 on: March 15, 2012, 08:34:34 AM »

keep trying, i am sure you can break it

when it becomes more consistent bring it down to eddie
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: