Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 02:56:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the weather like?  (Read 124994 times)
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #600 on: January 24, 2019, 11:21:54 PM »

106 yesterday and 113 today at my place. Ten years ago it hit 122 but it was bone dry then and I felt quite ok, but this summer its very humid and Im feeling it.

2015 Scrambler 800
Speedbag
And the Intrepid

Since 2004!

« Reply #601 on: January 25, 2019, 07:15:07 AM »

Sub-zero here, and will be for days.

Tongue Tongue Tongue

I tend to regard most of humanity as little more than walking talking dilated sphincters. - Rat
koko64
Post Whore

« Reply #602 on: January 26, 2019, 03:12:37 AM »

Its a cold I cant fathom.
A cool change brought 90 here today and 79 tomorrow will feel cold after the recent heat wave.

2015 Scrambler 800
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #603 on: January 26, 2019, 04:52:17 AM »

Sub-zero here, and will be for days.

Tongue Tongue Tongue
You keep that right there. Wink

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

DesmoDiva

« Reply #604 on: January 27, 2019, 06:19:48 AM »

Snow....Lots of snow.

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #605 on: February 02, 2019, 12:11:47 PM »

Mercury just hit 60.

Just another day in Paradise. Cool

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Privateer

God created Ducati to train the faithful.

« Reply #606 on: February 03, 2019, 01:13:40 PM »

we had a week of rain and cold, a week of dry, sunny, and cold, and now another week of rain and cold.

friday/saturday were super windy, so yesterday afternoon I was leaving and pulling out into the main street, the storm drain on the main street was backed up, there was water across the entire street, 4 lanes, a foot deep at the center, ~2 feet where the storm drain is.  No city crew or anything on site, it was hard to see the water and people were hitting the water at 40-45mph.

when i returned it was only getting worse, so me and a neighbor went down with shovels and rakes to see what was up.

because of the wind, the debris grate on the drain was completely covered with leaves and hardly any water was getting down.  tools weren't helping so we kneeled down in 2 feet of water and started scooping leaves and trash off the grill to get the water moving.  well we were just scooping the leaves back into the water where they floated right back to the drain.  it was slow moving at first but then suddenly sploosh the water started get in one or two places, fast enough it was bubbling up in a big air column.  once the water started moving we were able to scoop the leaves further away so the storm drain could catch up. 

All this time people were driving by at 40mph with us kneeling down, completely oblivious to the foot of water across the road, splashing water at us, 8-10 feet high.  crazy stuff, but the water finally started flowing.  once it got down all the way then we found a bunch of asphalt chunks and big new potholes in the road.  we cleared those out to the sidewalk also, to keep my neighbors from getting damage.

Another less modern storm drain across the street was still backed up.  Ran across and started the same process, but this time I found a license plate and a bunch of plastic splash guards and wheel well liners - someone must've gotten in a wreck earlier and the rain washed all that shit right to the storm drain blocking it completely.

good news - cool story to tell and a free front license plate.
bad news - people who drive through my town are frigging idiots.

My fast lap is your sighting lap.
LMT
Post Whore

« Reply #607 on: February 03, 2019, 05:13:39 PM »

Snowing here in Seattle!
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #608 on: February 04, 2019, 01:39:41 PM »

Warmer, drier and sunnier here than at Trouble’s house. Grin

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #609 on: February 05, 2019, 09:46:33 AM »

55 and sunny. Grin

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #610 on: February 05, 2019, 10:08:01 AM »

55 and sunny. Grin

Is it May already?!!!

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #611 on: February 05, 2019, 10:41:28 AM »

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #612 on: February 06, 2019, 02:36:57 PM »

I should go turn on the news to see if it really still snowing.  (Looking out the window may not give accurate intel)

Langanobob

« Reply #613 on: February 17, 2019, 08:05:51 AM »

Snow
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 08:10:14 AM by Langanobob » Logged
DesmoDiva

« Reply #614 on: February 24, 2019, 02:50:12 PM »

Windy.

Shingles flying off all over the place.  Thankfully not our roof.

Snow later.

Still have power, many don't.

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: