Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 01:42:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How about Chicago area riders? Any in NW suburbs?  (Read 10377 times)
CNS-Mike

"Do it!"

« on: May 22, 2008, 09:18:44 AM »

Anybody here from Chicago, particularly NW suburbs?

I need to find someone who knows some good routes - I've lived in the area for half my life but I used to ride cruisers - not so much interested in good winding roads back then.  Now that I finally have a sweet ride, I find myself more and more jealous of those damn SoCal you-tube videos with twisty's every 100 ft.  I know we're not going to get that in IL, but seriously, there's gotta be some better roads somewhere around here that aren't straight as an arrow.

Ideas?  Links?  Anybody out there?

2007 S2R1K - Chopped tail and emissions can; 14T front, Vizi-tec LED tail light, HID, CRG lane splitters

Sold - 1998 Honda Shadow Aero  ***  Crashed - 1980 Yamaha XS1100  ***  Killed - 1978 Yamaha XS750
sugarcrook

Facultative Carnivore

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 05:40:28 AM »

I've been looking but haven't had any luck.  I spend most of my time heading north on Sheridan up to Kenosha and back.  PM me if you want to go looking tomorrow morning. 

2013 BMW R1200R
2008 BMW K1200GT (Traded)
2007 Ducati Monster 695 (Sold)
CNS-Mike

"Do it!"

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 06:55:14 AM »

Thanks for the invite, Crook.  This weekend sucks for me for riding - I've got commitments each day that are going to keep me off my monster  Angry 

I rarely get to plan a Sunday/Sat all day type of ride due to travel schedule and/or work around the house (I'm trying to get my garage in proper working order and maybe paint some of the rest of my house before my second kid comes along in August).  I try to squeeze in an hour or two here or there when I can.

What's a brother gonna do?

2007 S2R1K - Chopped tail and emissions can; 14T front, Vizi-tec LED tail light, HID, CRG lane splitters

Sold - 1998 Honda Shadow Aero  ***  Crashed - 1980 Yamaha XS1100  ***  Killed - 1978 Yamaha XS750
sugarcrook

Facultative Carnivore

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 08:45:45 PM »

I'm here until the 7th and can make time for a ride.  Let me know. 

2013 BMW R1200R
2008 BMW K1200GT (Traded)
2007 Ducati Monster 695 (Sold)
turbowagon

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 09:05:04 AM »

I live in NW suburbs, unfortunately I have yet find a nice twisty that worth mentioning. I do most of my riding within 1-2hrs distance around my house on weekend and planning on doing another track day on 6/30.
Someone once told me that there are some nice back roads in Barrington area I am still trying to explore.
hunkypunk
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 03:48:39 PM »

HEY ANY CHICAGO DUCATI RIDERS! I AM COMING THERE NEXT WEEK FOR A COUPLE DAYS AND WANT TO RIDE SOME INTERESTING ROADS IN THE AREA. I AM A FORMER CHICAGOAN BUT NOW HAVE LIVED IN NM FOR 20 YEARS ALL I REMEMBER IS THE MICHIGAN COASTAL HWY WAS A COOL RIDE AND SOME OF THE INTERCHANGES AROUND CHITOWN. AND OF COURSE RIDING NORTH TO WISCONSIN THERE ARE SOME GREAT ROADS.  I REMEMBER COMING FROM THE SOUTH ON THE DAN RYAN EXPRESSWAY AND THE VIEW OF THE CITY IS PHENOMINAL BUT THOSE FREEWAYS ARE NOT ABOUT RIDIN THE TWISTIES.
ALL OF THE ABOVE IS CONTINGIENT ON WHETHER OR NOT IT IS RAINING
bh

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 08:44:19 AM »

man, I didn't even know we had a Mocha forum over here.  I've kinda been out of the loop ever since the DML sh*t went down.

any of the other OG's on here?

God, Mike, Ruben, Silvy, Bob?

we need to hook up before again before the season is over.... except for the two a-holes that are out in Cali where the season never ends!   bang head
ProTeal55

HalfFastChicago.Com

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 07:15:40 PM »

Chicago rider here (from the Logan Square area).
Sherridan rode is a good ride (but mostly 30mph).
Check out the link below, for stuff going in and arond the city --->
http://www.halffastchicago.com
http://www.myspace.com/halffastchicago
We do two weekly bike cruise nights, and you are all invited to ride out  Grin
We have three Monsters in the club thus far, but are open and down with all kinds of bikes (and riders)..
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 09:59:36 AM by ProTeal55 » Logged

ProTeal55 a.k.a JoeyCocks a.k.a Joe
Member: Half Fast Chicago

http://www.HalfFastChicago.com
silvy1200

no seas buey

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 11:14:17 PM »

man, I didn't even know we had a Mocha forum over here.  I've kinda been out of the loop ever since the DML sh*t went down.

any of the other OG's on here?

God, Mike, Ruben, Silvy, Bob?

we need to hook up before again before the season is over.... except for the two a-holes that are out in Cali where the season never ends!   bang head

Grin oh hold on, let me put on my sunglasses  Cool its so sunny out here in san diego!  cheeky

bipolar R goes by ghostface on here

not sure if god, mike or killer bob made it over to here.

so when are you guys coming down?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 11:17:39 PM by silvy1200 » Logged

Sold ~ 03' Dark M800

Now ~ 01' Yellow 996
ghostface
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 06:43:42 AM »

Grin oh hold on, let me put on my sunglasses  Cool its so sunny out here in san diego!  cheeky

bipolar R goes by ghostface on here

not sure if god, mike or killer bob made it over to here.

so when are you guys coming down?

MOCHA is alive! Hope you guys are burning it up out in the midwest. You guys need to come on out to Cai to see what's really going on. Bring vented gear tho 'cause it's like 80 everyday here and the mountains can pack some heat. I will miss the Chi winters tho (stoing the bike instead of riding-NOT!!!!!!)

What's up with Killer bob? Is he still alive?
Oh and Silvy, Bipo-R will be serving you up soon as Streets of Willow so go get a pillow kikko.  laughingdp
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 07:16:36 AM by ghostface » Logged
ghostface
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 07:04:35 AM »

Anybody here from Chicago, particularly NW suburbs?

I need to find someone who knows some good routes - I've lived in the area for half my life but I used to ride cruisers - not so much interested in good winding roads back then.  Now that I finally have a sweet ride, I find myself more and more jealous of those damn SoCal you-tube videos with twisty's every 100 ft.  I know we're not going to get that in IL, but seriously, there's gotta be some better roads somewhere around here that aren't straight as an arrow.

Ideas?  Links?  Anybody out there?

Head up into WI via route 83 in the Zion area and hit the F, Z, R, and S, and back onto 83. Talk to Deftone. That mofo knows what's up.
bh

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 03:20:35 PM »

MOCHA is alive! Hope you guys are burning it up out in the midwest. You guys need to come on out to Cai to see what's really going on. Bring vented gear tho 'cause it's like 80 everyday here and the mountains can pack some heat. I will miss the Chi winters tho (stoing the bike instead of riding-NOT!!!!!!)

What's up with Killer bob? Is he still alive?
Oh and Silvy, Bipo-R will be serving you up soon as Streets of Willow so go get a pillow kikko.  laughingdp

i'm interested to hear how the trackday goes.  I have a feeling that a lot of the Cali guys are a different kind of fast vs what we're used to seeing out here in the frozen tundra.

watch out for them sharks out there while you're surfing.  I just read some article about a swimmer getting killed back in the spring by a great white somewhere around san diego.  at least we don't have to worry about that in lake MI   laughingdp
ghostface
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 06:09:47 PM »

i'm interested to hear how the trackday goes.  I have a feeling that a lot of the Cali guys are a different kind of fast vs what we're used to seeing out here in the frozen tundra.

watch out for them sharks out there while you're surfing.  I just read some article about a swimmer getting killed back in the spring by a great white somewhere around san diego.  at least we don't have to worry about that in lake MI   laughingdp
Funny but that's where I surf. Water temps are cooler (65-70) now so I went looking for a wet suit today.

As far as the track day, I'll get back to you. B will be taking photos n shizz. It should be all gravy baby!  drink
ProTeal55

HalfFastChicago.Com

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 07:05:57 AM »

So when you guys wanna start up Half Fast CA ? Evil

ProTeal55 a.k.a JoeyCocks a.k.a Joe
Member: Half Fast Chicago

http://www.HalfFastChicago.com
ghostface
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2008, 02:44:34 PM »

So when you guys wanna start up Half Fast CA ? Evil
Don't know enuf people to start. Besides, HFC is top notch in my book.  drink
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up