Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 02:08:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slipper clutch  (Read 1530 times)
udiaz27

« on: May 23, 2012, 02:07:35 PM »

I know this modification is generally for sports and track bikes, but it would be pretty cool to have one anyways. Does anyone know if they make quick shifters for Ducati monster 1100evo? Google hasn't been much help, so I thought I'd try the forum out. Doing mods to my bike and a quick shifter came across my list, any info would help. Thanks.
Triple J
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 02:29:47 PM »

You can put a Dynojet quick shift on any bike as long as you have a Power Commander. I haven't heard of one for a Monster without a PC.

That said, quick shifters are awesome on the track if you're racing, but would have limited use on the street IMO. Clutchless upshifts are are easy enough without one.

What does all this have to do with a slipper clutch anyway? Quick shifters are for upshifting. Slipper clutches prevent wheel lock-up when downshifting...you still need to use the clutch though, as a quick shifter does nothing for downshifting.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 02:32:25 PM by Triple J » Logged
udiaz27

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 02:57:24 PM »

Meant to title it "quick shifter". Get confused sometimes because they both have to do
With shifting. But yeah, I saw the dynojet quick shifter and it had Specific shifters for specific models, so I looked for my model and it wasn't available so I left the page. But if you say you can use it on any model, how so?
Triple J
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 03:12:31 PM »

The quick shift just tells the Power Commander to cut the ignition for about 50 milliseconds, so it works with any bike that has a Power Commander. You have to check to see what Power Commanders are quick shift compatible...I have a PCIII USB.

The next issue is fitment for the sensor. Ducatis all have the same shift linkage, and it is out in the open. Therefore, the pressure style sensor works fine as long as you get a new shift rod, and cut it down in length as necessary. Part #4-102 for a push style sensor (regular shift), #4-101 for a pull type sensor (GP shift). Shift Rod A fits Ducatis.

Shift Rod guide
 http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/UserGuides/QuickShifter/universal_qs_rods_install_guide.pdf

Dynojet's search by bike feature sucks for quick shifters.

udiaz27

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 03:50:27 PM »

Thanks man, it sounds fairly simple. So that's it then, the PC, Pressure shift sensor and rod. I also saw LCD display and auto tune Part. Is all that necessary?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: