Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 01:20:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How'd you get your 1st ducati?  (Read 16052 times)
maillotpois

Faster on my Merckx

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 11:13:13 AM »

Wow!!  Congrats shelbelle!

My hovercraft is full of eels.
Ducgirl

Racing Red 696 re-mapped w/Termi's & Marchesinis

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 01:06:03 PM »

The white color is really pretty. I also like the tail chop and I'm waiting to get it put onto my bike next week. My son rides a Monster and when I said I  thought I might like to get my own bike and learn to ride my son said I would love the 696. So, my dear husband called the dealer nearby and the bike was delivered in two days.What a surprise and I love it!! Smiley
DesmoDiva

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 02:32:04 PM »

I started riding a on a Yamaha XS400 cruiser.  I hated every minute.  Sitting so far upright felt unatural to me.  I sold the bike for various reasons and was bikeless for over a year. 

Then this handsome guy with a Yellow ST4 started at my school.  I chatted him up about riding, etc.  We started hanging out and I finally got the nerve to ask him out for a date....

Next thing I know, he has me riding again on his ST4.  He gave me the MSF course for my birthday and we went to look at bikes.  I was a bit aprehensive because as a grad student I didn't have the $$ for a moto, but he told me not to worry about it.  We looked at tons of bikes, everything but a Ducati. 

Then one day we stopped into the Duc dealer for a part or something...and there was a 620 in the back for service..that I noticed from the sales floor.  I asked the dealer if I could sit on it...and it was a perfect fit.  I had the biggest  Grin .  It was settled then; I was getting a Monster 695.

He also had the dealer throw a 999 in for himself.  I couldn't believe it...I was going to have a Duc of my own. 

Me after the maiden ride home: 

It was a pre-engagement present.   [moto]

The Monster was upgraded as a wedding gift: 

The Yellow ST4 that started it all is now mine,  B upgraded to an ST4s. 

'01 ST4 Yellow
'02 ST4s Yellow
mrs.darkside

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 09:29:50 AM »

My bike was a total surprise for me!!!  I have always wanted to ride but had never put the time in to take any classes or even look into it. I never imagined I would actually do it. This past July my husband and I had our 3rd anniversary  Vino! . To my surprise, he purchased me a 2009 696 Monster  applause. I was shocked  Shocked and amazed that I had a bike now. He had the Mediterranean Blue put on her and the Pearl White was in another "gift" box. He also had already enrolled me in the MSF classes, so I had no excuse to get started. It truly was the best anniversary gift ever. Since then, I have been trying to get out and ride whenever possible. A very new rider now of only 3 months, but loving it. I have gotten more confident and riding on my own.

Very happy that I found this forum and am getting lots of great information to use. Lots of advise that is really helpful to a newbie rider.  waytogo
Ducgirl

Racing Red 696 re-mapped w/Termi's & Marchesinis

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 05:53:38 PM »

My bike was a total surprise for me!!!  I have always wanted to ride but had never put the time in to take any classes or even look into it. I never imagined I would actually do it. This past July my husband and I had our 3rd anniversary  Vino! . To my surprise, he purchased me a 2009 696 Monster  applause. I was shocked  Shocked and amazed that I had a bike now. He had the Mediterranean Blue put on her and the Pearl White was in another "gift" box. He also had already enrolled me in the MSF classes, so I had no excuse to get started. It truly was the best anniversary gift ever. Since then, I have been trying to get out and ride whenever possible. A very new rider now of only 3 months, but loving it. I have gotten more confident and riding on my own.

Very happy that I found this forum and am getting lots of great information to use. Lots of advise that is really helpful to a newbie rider.  waytogo
Very nice, congratulations! The blue is very pretty! I am also a newbie and having lots of fun learning to ride. Unfortunately it is about to come to a close as we will be in snow soon. I'm thinking about riding around in my garage! I can't imagine waiting until next April but looks like I will have to. Sad Have fun!
mcgalinmd

Where's that Ketchup? Tailight is waiting!

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 10:31:18 AM »

I bought mine after having a TL1000R (suzuki's v-twin bike) and a Honda 599 (built with Ducati parts!) and realizing I loved the v-twin motor, but really liked the naked styling.  Sold both of those bikes and bought my S4R, named Napoleon.  I've never looked back, buying a second ducati last month.  I'm addicted.   Grin

Can you imagine a world without a Ducati???  I think it's called Hell. Smiley
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 10:33:42 AM »

my ducati was my first bike.

it was a bronco with a whopping 125 cc

i almost never bought another ducati as a result.  it was a pos and i had no dealers nearby to get parts.

cost me $100 bucks.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
badgalbetty

its never too late to be who you might have been

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2009, 07:07:39 PM »

How did I get my first Ducati?
Good question.
I went to the Intl Motorcycle show in Seattle WA to look at the Triumph 1050 speed triple.
They would not let me even sit on it, so I went to the Ducati stand and before I knew it I was sitting on a monster.It was a good fit as I have short legs.
I bought an S2R 800,that was in 2005.
It is my 18 or 19th motorcycle.
My first was in 1979, this will be my last for a while.........I like it.......I like it a lot.

"Its never too late to be who you might have been" - George Elliot.
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2009, 07:40:17 PM »

My first was in 1979, this will be my last for a while.........I like it.......I like it a lot.

waytogo waytogo

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
shortyonamonster

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2010, 02:30:33 PM »

I was a poor student with a Honda cbr 125. I put 8,000 km on it my first season. Graduated in April '09, Moved out in July. In December, I sold the Honda in the parking lot of the Ducati dealership and used the money as a down payment on a red 2009 Monster 696 with 500 km on it! (saved me $3,000!!) Wait until you have a solid income, than look for a new one mildly used and finance! (not the most financially sound advice, but I have no regrets!) I checked out tons of used ones sold privately and the price of these bikes doesn't really change too much after the initial drive off the lot. (For example, on craigslist- a 2007 was selling for $7,000, vs. $9,000 for a barely used '09, $12,000 for a "new" '09, and $13,000 for a 2010.. or $14,000 for ABS. Also, buy in December/January, when all the next year's models come out. That'll save you about $1,000. Hope that helps ;-) be safe - ride your current bike as much as possible so you won't be afraid you'll put a scratch on your baby when you get it!
whackie

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2010, 11:20:47 PM »

wow, this thread is pretty interesting, it's like a romance novel about bikes.  applause

had several bikes, all suzukis. actually totaled two of them, like a month apart from each other. but after a year or so on a gsxr 750, a friend let me ride his 749. it was incredible. the handling and feel of it were amazing. i'm tall, so height was not an issue. i went down to the local dealership and they weren't expecting to get any in, and of course there was a waiting list. i called several west coast dealerships, but was advised that i should have it shipped in the original crate and un-assembled. took me a lil while to find one, but i did. arranged the shipping and all. it was such an exciting process and i learned a lot of buying stuff out of state. i just remember the day i saw her sitting in her crate at the dealership. it was pure happiness seeing her unwrapped.  Grin
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 11:22:33 PM by whackie » Logged
Spck31
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 05:25:48 AM »

wow, this thread is pretty interesting, it's like a romance novel about bikes.  applause
yeah +1

Do you remember this movie
Ducati Monster S4 - Catwoman
 drool drool drool

I dreamed so much of this bike, first time i see it, was in this movie; Catwomen. As child i was bike fan, (posters in my room was'nt Backstreet Boys but CBR, FZ and motocross stuff). So with this passion child hidden left deep in my heart, comfy sit in couch's theater i told to myself : one day i’m gonna have this dragon sound bike.(today when i'm lookin at the youtube post i realize the sound is not correct i mean not a real s4) In Spring 2009 wife’s friend gave me the chance to realize this dreams.  Because the fear, she use it maybe 3-5 times since she bought it at Ducati shop. Unfortunatly she only looked at how beautiful it was in is garage ( realize; a monster collecting dust in a garage Roll Eyes) When she told me ok i’m ready to let it go, really i poured a tear and just after that i jumped many times in the air, it was the most beautiful day of my life yyaaahhhooo!!!! I anounced my old Katana on Kijiji, took only four days and was gone, three days later i saved the monster from the dust with only 1500km on odo [moto]. My dream came true on sunny morning 23 april last year. Cool

This bike just make the essence in my passion of motorbike and what is a motorbike in my philosophy. Monster change my life, like Catwomen.....

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 05:33:18 AM by Spck31 » Logged
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 08:21:27 AM »

my uncle pointed me towards a Duc. I had a 250 ninja and i wanted to get something with a little more power and he said get a Duc..so we toodled on over to the dealership and i fell in love with it(it was also the last year they made the 620) i traded in the ninja and had them lower the Duc and off i went! Before that moment i had no clue what i a Duc was, so i hopped on and did some reading and here i am now....
Then after my accident i bought back my 620 and sold it to friend that is taking good care of it chug and move on up to my S2R1K Grin

note! i have never ridden a Duc until that day either, im to short to test ride anything...both my bikes were lowered before i ever rode them...it was totally fun getting use to the "were gone on the trottle" twist
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 08:27:06 AM by Glitter Princess » Logged

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Spck31
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 09:30:16 AM »

hey you changed your member name!? Duc Mouse time is over?
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 09:50:08 AM »

hey you changed your member name!? Duc Mouse time is over?

oh no! a ole mighty Mod God is just having fun changing my name  laughingdp

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: