Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 03:16:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Earplugs????  (Read 71139 times)
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 04:14:41 AM »

Every time I ride. I've just gotten used to them. Now if I don't have them in, even around town, it just feels weird. And loud.

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 05:11:53 AM »

i always wear them, for the wind noise as much as anything else. aside from the hearing loss issue, there is a significant amount of fatigue which can be attributed to the noise levels associated with riding at speed for long periods.

FTR, i also wear ear plugs when i....
-mow the lawn
-fly
-run any high rpm power tool
-sleep in the same room as my brother

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 05:56:00 AM »

Every time I ride. I've just gotten used to them. Now if I don't have them in, even around town, it just feels weird. And loud.

+1

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
WhiteStripe

Monster Addiction

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 06:11:16 AM »

Thanks for all the responses - i grew up doing some logging.  i was one of the few who figured i might go on to other things and always protected my hearing which is still very good.

The wind noise from my commute has been really bothering me.

I am sold on plugs 100% of the time now.

2006 S2R 1000, Arrow CF exhaust, FatDuc 02, CF open cc with stock pp
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 07:40:06 AM »

now, it just dependso n what kidn of ear plugs, i love the MSA conical shaped ones. they are ~80 pairs for $10 bucks, ive had the same box for about a year now. i use each one for about 2 weeks before i throw it away. but i dont ride every single day so they last a while.

alternatively, ive heard really good things about the custom fitted ones, a friend of mine had a set made since he was on the range a lot, said they slip right on and stay on, and are even more comfy as a foam ones (as if the foam ones werent good enough). they run for about $100 including the custom molding for your ear and last as long as you take care of it.

nasty note: if you use them properly, the damn things are like surgical tools, theyve taken out whole chunks of ear wax!

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ArcDeDucati

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 08:44:54 AM »

I used in ear headphones, even if I'm not listening to music.  I use my GPS for tunes whenever I ride so I always have them handy. 

Sometimes my garmin 550 takes craps out though when certain songs come on.  I think thy may be corrupted files and cause it to shut down.   Anyone else have this problem?

2007 Ducati S2R 800 - Totaled
2006 Triumph Thruxton - Sold
2007 Ducati S4R Testastretta
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 11:26:35 AM »

whihc headphones do you have? how do they compare to ear plugs?

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 12:21:18 PM »

you cannot beat these for price or performance. use/wash as needed/reuse.

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
yotogi

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 03:20:03 PM »

whihc headphones do you have? how do they compare to ear plugs?

I have a previous version of these:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MA850G/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0Ng&mco=MjE0NDg0NQ

They have a rubber part that seats around the ear which basically act as an earplug even when you aren't listening to something. I would imagine that any headphone like this would do the trick. I don't ride with tunes, I feel the personal need to hear as much as possible around me when I ride.

sfarchie

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 07:05:58 PM »

Wear them almost all the time. I have a Shoei multi-tech helmet and it is sooo noisy, I can't stand riding without the plugs.

I also run full termis (minus the db killers), so that adds to my premature deafness.

Ray
SFaRChie
'10 Streetfighter, '01 KTM Duke II, '09 M1100S (RIP), '08 Vespa GTS 250,'58 Vespa Allstate (RIP), M696 (sold)
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 05:38:12 AM »

Every ride.

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
ArcDeDucati

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 01:35:20 PM »

They actually came with a dell XPS I bought. There nice.  I have an expensive pair of bose that I use too. As long as your using something to "seal" your ear hole your good.  Think if a car window open vs closed.  Now think of your ear as the window and you close it with headphones or plugs.  That's all you really need to do.

In terms of hearing everything? Personally music helps me concentrate on the road. I cant hear shit anyway with plug/no music so I might as well enjoy the ride with some tunes.  I also like to listen to my GPS when I'm following a route I planned.

2007 Ducati S2R 800 - Totaled
2006 Triumph Thruxton - Sold
2007 Ducati S4R Testastretta
ArabicaMan

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 03:13:38 PM »

I wear plugs each and every time I go out.  My S4Rs with full Termi kit is just a weeee bit boomy and I like the quality of hearing I still have.  As for which plugs, I've tried a bunch but am sold on the SureFire plugs (http://www.surefire.com/EP3-Sonic-Defenders).

2007 S4Rs, full DP/Termi exhaust, DP short rear guard, Bitubo steering damper, DP billet indicators (front & back), Rizoma "Reverse Retro" mirrors, Matrix Motosports carbon fiber fairing support, various shiny DP carbon bits, custom license plate mount
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2009, 03:38:11 PM »

+1 on earplugs, now on my rides, i come home less tired...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2009, 05:43:57 PM »

If the poll allowed I would have checked both "always" and "What did you say?".  Always because I cherish what little hearing I have left.  Folks, hearing loss is gradual and will catch up with you.

Same here.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: