Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 09:57:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666740 times)
DrDesmo

« Reply #990 on: November 16, 2010, 11:40:22 AM »

This may be a derby (and likely is) ... but check out the epic thread on D.MS about this, YEOW

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport-classic/55155-tank-problems-yes-no.html

'95 916
'12 800XC
arai_speed
« Reply #991 on: November 16, 2010, 11:58:39 AM »

I signed up with the law firm and they contacted me within 24 hours to chat. They are trying to go after Ducati for breach of the warranty contract. Since Ducati is replacing bad tanks with bad tanks they aren't fulfilling their warranty obligations legally.

Unfortunately this seems to be the only way to a permanent fix.

From MS - I guess people are signing up for the class-action suit.
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #992 on: November 16, 2010, 12:12:15 PM »

Went to Hansen's BMW / Ducati / Triumph in Phoenix Oregon and had them look at my mildly deformed tank.  They said they hadn't heard any issues with the Monster's tanks, but they took some pics and contacted DNA.  They called me a couple days later to let me know that the claim was approved and a replacement tank was on they way.  Once arriving they said they would only need an hour with the bike to do the swap.  The crew at Hansen's made this a very easy process.   chug

good for them! i bought both my monsters from Mason.

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
DrDesmo

« Reply #993 on: November 16, 2010, 12:33:51 PM »

Translation: People are signing up to help make attorneys a boatload of money under the guise of altruism.

Cheers,
Adam

'95 916
'12 800XC
arai_speed
« Reply #994 on: November 16, 2010, 01:42:45 PM »

Translation: People are signing up to help make attorneys a boatload of money under the guise of altruism.

Cheers,
Adam

Well - playing devils advocate what ELSE is being done? Aside from the replacement of bad tanks with other bad tanks?   

I went in for my 2nd tank this past weekend - my local dealer is now offering to coat the tanks for $250.

I hate to be cynical, but my options are
1) pay dealer to fix a problem the factory can't fix
2) don't do anything and have the problem repeat itself
3) DIY the coating of the tank - i.e. pay to fix a problem the factory can't fix
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #995 on: November 16, 2010, 03:20:35 PM »

correction:  they are signing up for Girard-Gibbs' class action suit.  the suit that I may be filing will not be the same, and won't be related at all.

Cheers,
Adam

I hope you're not including me in this.  I'm doing this for no punitive damages and expenses only.  Make ducati fix the problem and cover the expenses of the suit, that's it.  i've spent over 200 hours on this and if they fixed the problem today, i'd be fine with it.  that's 200 hours i could have spent working for clients.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
arai_speed
« Reply #996 on: November 16, 2010, 03:43:43 PM »

correction:  they are signing up for Girard-Gibbs' class action suit.  the suit that I may be filing will not be the same, and won't be related at all.

No need for correction. Let's call it "clarification"  Smiley

You haven't filed a suit so my reference was for the Girard-Gibbs suit. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 03:47:21 PM by arai_speed » Logged
csp808

« Reply #997 on: November 16, 2010, 03:53:52 PM »

correction:  they are signing up for Girard-Gibbs' class action suit.  the suit that I may be filing will not be the same, and won't be related at all.

I hope you're not including me in this.  I'm doing this for no punitive damages and expenses only.  Make ducati fix the problem and cover the expenses of the suit, that's it.  i've spent over 200 hours on this and if they fixed the problem today, i'd be fine with it.  that's 200 hours i could have spent working for clients.

I think i speak for most of us when i say you've been a class act. I'm greatly appreciative of your efforts and feel better knowing there are guys like you out there in the legal field that are real life down to earth good dudes that try to do the right thing.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #998 on: November 16, 2010, 04:03:57 PM »

I think i speak for most of us when i say you've been a class act. I'm greatly appreciative of your efforts and feel better knowing there are guys like you out there in the legal field that are real life down to earth good dudes that try to do the right thing.
wait...

you must have 'tizz confused with a human. Tongue

I kid...he's been working his ass off trying to resolve this with everyone's interest, besides his own, in mind.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

mjk778

« Reply #999 on: November 16, 2010, 04:40:21 PM »

+1 waytogo
sbrguy

« Reply #1000 on: November 16, 2010, 04:47:07 PM »

its unfortunate that the plastic tanks are not working as is,but after seeing the problem on some tanks for a few years now you woul dthink that at least the new bikes coming forward now they would possibly use all new metal tanks. 
yes they would be more expensive whihc you then pass on to the consumer but hte monsters all use the same tanks, the 848 and 1198 and streetfighters all appear to be the same tank, and the hypers are thier own.

in other words it would be good if ducati just thought ahead and went bakc to the metal tanks, but like you said the best economically is a coating that may or may not work long term.
DrDesmo

« Reply #1001 on: November 16, 2010, 09:49:02 PM »

correction:  they are signing up for Girard-Gibbs' class action suit.  the suit that I may be filing will not be the same, and won't be related at all.

I hope you're not including me in this.  I'm doing this for no punitive damages and expenses only.  Make ducati fix the problem and cover the expenses of the suit, that's it.  i've spent over 200 hours on this and if they fixed the problem today, i'd be fine with it.  that's 200 hours i could have spent working for clients.

Not even a little bit, my comment was directed towards the guys purchasing facebook ads and google adwords in an attempt to drum up business and line their pockets.  You are the other end of the spectrum - keep it up  waytogo waytogo waytogo

Cheers,
Adam

Girard-Gibbs is stereotype lawyer in all the wrong way.

'Tizz has been working his ass off on this as an enthusiast and I haven't been doing shit since I got him a contact with DNA to see if he could work it out prior to filing.

Too bad DNA and Ducati-sPa can't see that.

+1,000,000
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 10:12:35 PM by DrDesmosedici » Logged

'95 916
'12 800XC
xcaptainxbloodx

« Reply #1002 on: November 16, 2010, 11:05:42 PM »

2 things;

1) DNA is basically powerless against the mother company. for whatever reason we arent considered a very important market and the fact that were having problems ( for some ridiculous reason) doesn't concern the mother company that much.

2) Ducati has proven to correct the problem when confronted with it, if anyone is having problems getting new tanks for bonifide tank swelling then thats the dealers problem.  And unless someone can prove damages beyond the tank (swollen tank causes an accident, leaks fuel and destroys something/causes fire etc)  I cant see how any class action suit is going to get additional money for something that the company has tried to correct in good faith. but hey, im no lawyer.
DRKWNG
« Reply #1003 on: November 17, 2010, 02:53:01 AM »

And unless someone can prove damages beyond the tank (swollen tank causes an accident, leaks fuel and destroys something/causes fire etc)  I cant see how any class action suit is going to get additional money for something that the company has tried to correct in good faith. but hey, im no lawyer.

And there lies the beauty of what 'Tiz is doing.  He isn't going after punitive damages or any of that crap.  He is just trying to get Ducati to come up with, and implement, a viable, permanent solution. 
Kurt V

« Reply #1004 on: November 17, 2010, 11:18:15 AM »

Went to Hansen's BMW / Ducati / Triumph in Phoenix Oregon and had them look at my mildly deformed tank.  They said they hadn't heard any issues with the Monster's tanks, but they took some pics and contacted DNA.  They called me a couple days later to let me know that the claim was approved and a replacement tank was on they way.  Once arriving they said they would only need an hour with the bike to do the swap.  The crew at Hansen's made this a very easy process.   chug

My 696 tank warped and started leaking at the fuel pump fitting last August. Dealer approved the new tank under warranty immediately. What they don't tell you about is the back order on the tank. Took 2 friggin months for Ducati to ship a new tank. Wiped out my fall riding season. Cry
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: