Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 06:44:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666541 times)
ducatiboy
Super Duper Anti Squid

« Reply #960 on: November 14, 2010, 04:57:07 PM »

Are you all keeping your expanded tanks?

I

LRRS/CCS EXPERT#116 / MSF Rider Coach/ VT Bike Night Founder/ Turn 1a Racing Team "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."
Ducati 748 Track/ S2R1000 Street Honda RC31 Racebike, CRF 110 Mini Motard, CRF450x (Big Motard/dirty toy)/ Yamaha YSR50
xcaptainxbloodx

« Reply #961 on: November 14, 2010, 05:05:48 PM »

you cant. they get destroyed, part of the deal.
arai_speed
« Reply #962 on: November 14, 2010, 09:08:31 PM »

So I stopped by Pro Italia this weekend.  The service desk was busy but one the techs was EXTREMELY helpful and kind and took pictures of the tank and filled out the proper paperwork.  While he was taking pictures the main service person yelled from behind his desk and said that "the tank MUST NOT be touching the frame" in order to submit a successful claim. I found this a bit odd as the front latch is practically impossible to remove and further more, the first tank that was replaced (by them) had no pictures taken an was approved in a week or so.

Needless to say they were going to submit the claim but both they and DNA were "backed up" so I wouldn't have a response on the tank being approved/denied for replacement until at least 3 to 4 weeks.
sbrguy

« Reply #963 on: November 14, 2010, 11:55:09 PM »

has anyone inquried to a metal worker yet about making the newer monster tanks in metal at least the inner tank in metal to avoid the problems with the expanding tanK?
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #964 on: November 15, 2010, 04:05:41 AM »

has anyone inquried to a metal worker yet about making the newer monster tanks in metal at least the inner tank in metal to avoid the problems with the expanding tanK?
What do you mean by inner tank?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #965 on: November 15, 2010, 05:02:15 AM »

Are you all keeping your expanded tanks?

I

you cant. they get destroyed, part of the deal.

the only exception is if you have some special edition tank or something signed (like the SC bikes that are signed by racers).. you need to call Ducati and ask them to do it.  The dealer will drill a hole in the tank on the bottom to make it useless.  BUT YOU HAVE TO ASK BEFORE YOU GET THE SWAP DONE.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
GAAN
« Reply #966 on: November 15, 2010, 03:16:45 PM »

Ducatiz has some competition

http://www.girardgibbs.com/Ducati.asp
Meerkat
When I'm not playing Silver Power Ranger, I'm a

« Reply #967 on: November 15, 2010, 03:30:24 PM »

Ducatiz has some competition

http://www.girardgibbs.com/Ducati.asp

Derby

'07 S2R1K
'09 Daytona 675
'03 620 Dark-Sold 03/26/2011
GAAN
« Reply #968 on: November 15, 2010, 03:32:09 PM »

Derby

you can't call a Derby and not cite your source

Roll Eyes
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #969 on: November 15, 2010, 03:33:15 PM »

you can't call a Derby and not cite your source

Roll Eyes
read the damn thread you're in right now mom...

try to stay current will ya? Evil

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

GAAN
« Reply #970 on: November 15, 2010, 03:45:17 PM »

read the damn thread you're in right now mom...

try to stay current will ya? Evil

oh no

that's not how it works

if he wants to Derby me for not running a search the least he can do is run a search to demonstrate his superiority

besides

any thread over 50 pages is exempt from the "staying current clause"

and

If it isnt in the last 10 pages then I say it's exempt from Derbying
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #971 on: November 15, 2010, 03:58:09 PM »

oh no

that's not how it works

if he wants to Derby me for not running a search the least he can do is run a search to demonstrate his superiority

besides

any thread over 50 pages is exempt from the "staying current clause"

and

If it isnt in the last 10 pages then I say it's exempt from Derbying

don't make me go all dp on you mom... Kiss

it on the previous page. Grin

perspective

Spidey
Crashin' mofo

« Reply #972 on: November 15, 2010, 04:02:01 PM »

I am not going to comment on them directly except to say that they are just a law firm that has no interest in Ducati staying around or being solvent or anything.  If you look at the list of their successful lawsuits, they are very good at getting multi-million dollar judgments and settlements (ostensibly from damages).

I want to make this clear:  I am not planning to ask nor demand any damages from Ducati if a suit is filed.  If you sign on as a plaintiff with me, there is no money in it for you, except perhaps cover for simple expense such as showing up in court or a deposition.  All you're going to get out of it is a new, non-defective tank (when ducati makes them), a warranty on it, and the good warm feeling that you participated in getting something good done the right way.

That law firm spends plenty of time looking on forums for people pregnant doging about a manufacturer.  Then, they do a little research to determine if there is a colorable claim, and then they set up an "investigation" --the results of which are just you as a plaintiff suing some company and asking for millions in punitive damages.  

Of course, they don't ask you for any money.  Their lead plaintiffs get paid, sometimes as much as $50 grand, and they get a huge cut of the damages plus their fees paid.

I don't want anyone to impair their legal rights, but I am also trying to approach this with Ducati in a reasonable way.  Ducati has about 1100 employees worldwide, and sells under 40,000 bikes worldwide.  Compare that with their multiple lawsuits against Hyundai, a company with about 200,000 employees worldwide, about 15 different divisions (they make cars, trucks, heavy equipment, machine guns, boats, and so on) and God knows how much revenue.

Ducati make the beast with two backsed up.   They need to make the tanks right.  Do you think you deserve to be paid a few thousand on top of the tank?  More importantly, do you think >I< should be paid 500k - 1million for getting that done for you?   I'll happily take the cash under different circumstances, but Ducati isn't the right defendant for that.  

Ducatizzy, Esq.

Those guys are SF-based.  PM'd you.

Occasionally AFM #702  My stuff:  The M1000SS, a mashed r6, Vino 125, the Blonde, some rugrats, yuppie cage, child molester van, bourbon.
GAAN
« Reply #973 on: November 15, 2010, 04:08:32 PM »

don't make me go all dp on you mom... Kiss

it on the previous page. Grin

yeah well maybe but still over 50 pages...

Those guys are SF-based.  PM'd you.

see, now that is a proper Derby

damn kids these days just don't take the time to do things right anymore

Spidey
Crashin' mofo

« Reply #974 on: November 15, 2010, 04:10:55 PM »

see, now that is a proper Derby

Huh?  I'm confuzzled.

Occasionally AFM #702  My stuff:  The M1000SS, a mashed r6, Vino 125, the Blonde, some rugrats, yuppie cage, child molester van, bourbon.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: