Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 01:21:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666630 times)
superjohn

« Reply #945 on: November 10, 2010, 09:26:05 AM »

Called my local dealer today (Ducati Vermont) and was told I would have to leave the bike with them for "awhile".

Has anyone had this issue?   Why would they need it for "awhile"?

I figured I could get it inspected same day and get a tank on order.   Riding season is coming to a close and I haven't put 50 miles on this thing.

I rode mine in and waited for them to finish with it after they got the tank from Ducati. Took all of an hour and a half for the tank replacement. They got everything they needed from me on the previous visit and didn't require the bike stay there. Heck, they even got the tank within a week of ordering it.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #946 on: November 10, 2010, 09:34:54 AM »

I rode mine in and waited for them to finish with it after they got the tank from Ducati. Took all of an hour and a half for the tank replacement. They got everything they needed from me on the previous visit and didn't require the bike stay there. Heck, they even got the tank within a week of ordering it.

Where/who?

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
superjohn

« Reply #947 on: November 10, 2010, 09:55:11 AM »

Where/who?

Barnett's Suzuki/Ducati in Raleigh, NC. Some people have reported spotty service, but I never have anything too bad to warrant a complaint. The caveat there is that they forgot to file the claim, and I never followed up so I had to call and remind them to get it, but that was just as much my fault for not following up.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #948 on: November 10, 2010, 10:04:48 AM »

Good to know.

I think it's helpful for people to post up the names of shops that are doing right and wrong on this issue.

Everyone should get the same deal:  bring your bike in (or send pics with the VIN info), tank ordered, bike brought in after tank arrives and swapped (and info verified if emailed).  That should be the long & short of it.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
mjk778

« Reply #949 on: November 10, 2010, 05:41:36 PM »

If your in the NY area Rockwell in Fort Mongomery has great service.  My tank arrived roughly two weeks from getting my pics taken. 
Meerkat
When I'm not playing Silver Power Ranger, I'm a

« Reply #950 on: November 11, 2010, 11:59:53 AM »

Talked to Ben at Coleman's Fairfax today. Whatever DNA yelled at them seems to have worked. My tank is approved for replacement and is being ordered. No deposit necessary and I don't have to leave the bike with them. They asked that I bring the bike in within 2 weeks of the tank arriving and leave it for 24 hrs.

'07 S2R1K
'09 Daytona 675
'03 620 Dark-Sold 03/26/2011
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #951 on: November 11, 2010, 12:00:53 PM »

Talked to Ben at Coleman's Fairfax today. Whatever DNA yelled at them seems to have worked. My tank is approved for replacement and is being ordered. No deposit necessary and I don't have to leave the bike with them. They asked that I bring the bike in within 2 weeks of the tank arriving and leave it for 24 hrs.

that is much more reasonable.  good to know.

swampduc

'99 996, '07 S2R1000,'08 1098s, '12 1199s

« Reply #952 on: November 11, 2010, 05:51:26 PM »

Transportation revolution in New Orleans got me a tank in a wk, before I even requested one   laughingdp
they noticed the deformation and took the initiative  waytogo

Respeta mi autoridad!
J.P.

« Reply #953 on: November 13, 2010, 03:47:03 AM »

FYI- New tank approval took a week, and 3 weeks to arrive for a gray one through Redline in VA. Haven't talked to them about coating it yet or trading it in for a Harley when it looks normal again.

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
aaronb

« Reply #954 on: November 13, 2010, 03:25:13 PM »

look what popped up in a facebook banner ad...  anybody know anything about this?

http://www.girardgibbs.com/Ducati.asp

Milwaukee, WI
'07 s2r1k, '81 honda cb400t
csp808

« Reply #955 on: November 13, 2010, 04:22:56 PM »

Looks like someone trying to drum up some buisness perhaps?
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #956 on: November 13, 2010, 04:42:55 PM »

I am not going to comment on them directly except to say that they are just a law firm that has no interest in Ducati staying around or being solvent or anything.  If you look at the list of their successful lawsuits, they are very good at getting multi-million dollar judgments and settlements (ostensibly from damages).

I want to make this clear:  I am not planning to ask nor demand any damages from Ducati if a suit is filed.  If you sign on as a plaintiff with me, there is no money in it for you, except perhaps cover for simple expense such as showing up in court or a deposition.  All you're going to get out of it is a new, non-defective tank (when ducati makes them), a warranty on it, and the good warm feeling that you participated in getting something good done the right way.

That law firm spends plenty of time looking on forums for people pregnant doging about a manufacturer.  Then, they do a little research to determine if there is a colorable claim, and then they set up an "investigation" --the results of which are just you as a plaintiff suing some company and asking for millions in punitive damages.  

Of course, they don't ask you for any money.  Their lead plaintiffs get paid, sometimes as much as $50 grand, and they get a huge cut of the damages plus their fees paid.

I don't want anyone to impair their legal rights, but I am also trying to approach this with Ducati in a reasonable way.  Ducati has about 1100 employees worldwide, and sells under 40,000 bikes worldwide.  Compare that with their multiple lawsuits against Hyundai, a company with about 200,000 employees worldwide, about 15 different divisions (they make cars, trucks, heavy equipment, machine guns, boats, and so on) and God knows how much revenue.

Ducati make the beast with two backsed up.   They need to make the tanks right.  Do you think you deserve to be paid a few thousand on top of the tank?  More importantly, do you think >I< should be paid 500k - 1million for getting that done for you?   I'll happily take the cash under different circumstances, but Ducati isn't the right defendant for that.  

Ducatizzy, Esq.

booger

all your cookie are belong to me

« Reply #957 on: November 13, 2010, 05:55:49 PM »

Maybe you should go after Acerbis or the EPA or maybe the state of Iowa. I'm not inclined to blame Ducati for this. I feel sorry for them that they have to replace everyone's tanks now, must be costing them a bundle. So far I believe they have been doing the right thing. What needs to happen, if Acerbis refuses to reformulate the material the tanks are made from, is for Ducati to hire another plastic tank supplier who will make a tank that is dimensionally stable. Pretty simple really. That's probably the most realistic solution since ethanol ain't goin' away, neither is moisture in the air.

Everybody got a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson

2001 M900Sie - sold
2006 S2R1000 - sold
2008 HM1100S - sold
2004 998 FE - $old
2007 S4RT
2007 Vespa LX50 aka "Slowey"
2008 BMW R1200 GSA
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #958 on: November 13, 2010, 06:24:10 PM »

Acerbis: you have no relationship on which to sue.
EPA, Iowa: sovereign immunity.

herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #959 on: November 14, 2010, 03:59:49 PM »

Well said ducatiz!

Please let me go on record with my thanks for your efforts on my behalf. I don't want any "damages", just a proper tank for my bike.

-herm

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: