Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 08:03:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666551 times)
poseur

« Reply #930 on: October 24, 2010, 08:27:33 AM »

What about using Sea Foam?

"Fuel can absorb moisture from the atmosphere - even more so with the addition of ethanol.  Crank case oil can also become easily contaminated with moisture.  Sea Foam fully encapsulates the water molecules in the fuel and oil to prevent phase separation - rendering the absorbed moisture harmless."

Why Sea Foam Motor Treatment Works
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #931 on: October 24, 2010, 09:26:26 AM »

What about using Sea Foam?

"Fuel can absorb moisture from the atmosphere - even more so with the addition of ethanol.  Crank case oil can also become easily contaminated with moisture.  Sea Foam fully encapsulates the water molecules in the fuel and oil to prevent phase separation - rendering the absorbed moisture harmless."

Why Sea Foam Motor Treatment Works

Sea Foam uses a type of alcohol to absorb moisture.  Which is why it cleans your system out so well -- ethanol as an additive also works to clean your injectors...

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
mjk778

« Reply #932 on: October 24, 2010, 09:46:17 AM »

Exactly 2 weeks from the day that DNA approved my new tank (which took a week after the dealer took pics and sent to DNA) my new tank has arrived.  Will be getting Caswells this week.  Special thanks to Rockwell cycles for getting this done and Ducatiz and other forum members for all the info and procedure to get this replaced.  If i would have listened to the first dealer I went to 1 1/2 years go I'd still be cringing looking at my deformed tank.

Thanks

Mike
arai_speed
« Reply #933 on: October 30, 2010, 08:38:16 AM »

My second tank has now expanded exponentially.  What started as a small ripple has now expanded to lots of ripples on both sides of the tank (where my knees rest while riding) and has expanded forward to where I can barely remove the front latch.

I'm reluctant to submit for a 2nd tank if the same shit is gonna happen again.  Angry
twolanefun

« Reply #934 on: November 04, 2010, 02:54:33 AM »

It took a year, but I have a new tank, 10/1/10, black with white stripe, on my S2R. It is coated differently than previous tanks, no cost to me. I encourage you to support the AMA efforts to stop the E15 initiative that the corn lobby is pushing for, write the EPA, your legislators. BTW this problem is not just a Ducati problem, other brands are seeing the same thing, it's on the XR forum for example. Until the OEMs get this figured out we do not need more ethanol at the pumps and I'm told it can cause problems with FI, Carbs. I refuse to but a new Ducati until they figure this out. - Gene

"I know a few roads"
92' PASO 907ie
02' M900 54K+ Miles
04' ST3 58k+miles - Sold
01' Victory Sportcruiser 30K miles, 04' Victory Kingpin - 111K+ miles
09' XR1200 - 15K+ miles
13' Diavel - 13K+ Miles Pay attention and things will be okay
EX-MSF Instructor, EX-President MAD
AMA Charter Life Member, Patriot Guard Rider
Victory Motorcycle Club, Charter Member
Patriot Guard Rider
DEVO!

07' 695

« Reply #935 on: November 05, 2010, 10:25:43 AM »

Called Pro Italia they said bring it in they will take some pictures
arai_speed
« Reply #936 on: November 05, 2010, 10:46:00 AM »

I called PI - it seems they are now offering to coat the replaced tanks for $250 using the Caswell product.
Massinova

Kiss my IZ_ butt

« Reply #937 on: November 08, 2010, 07:07:53 PM »

I called PI - it seems they are now offering to coat the replaced tanks for $250 using the Caswell product.

Speaking of Caswell, I found this DIY:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=616792

ducatiboy
Super Duper Anti Squid

« Reply #938 on: November 08, 2010, 07:18:37 PM »

Sorry but I am not reading the whole thread and I have a couple questions.

I just got my 2008 S2R1000, bought it used with less than 500 miles.

It appears the tank has expanded on the frame (rubber bumpers don't line up) and it has a rub on the key guard.

If I bring it to a Ducati Dealer, even if they did not originally sell the bike, will Ducati give me a new tank?

LRRS/CCS EXPERT#116 / MSF Rider Coach/ VT Bike Night Founder/ Turn 1a Racing Team "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."
Ducati 748 Track/ S2R1000 Street Honda RC31 Racebike, CRF 110 Mini Motard, CRF450x (Big Motard/dirty toy)/ Yamaha YSR50
mjk778

« Reply #939 on: November 08, 2010, 07:29:34 PM »

Sorry but I am not reading the whole thread and I have a couple questions.

I just got my 2008 S2R1000, bought it used with less than 500 miles.

It appears the tank has expanded on the frame (rubber bumpers don't line up) and it has a rub on the key guard.

If I bring it to a Ducati Dealer, even if they did not originally sell the bike, will Ducati give me a new tank?

Yes they will.  I had the same situation and got mine replaced.
Goodluck!!!
eyduc

« Reply #940 on: November 08, 2010, 07:37:27 PM »

I just got word that my tank replacement was approved!   That was fast!  I only bought the bike a week ago, read the the thread and contacted the local dealer.  The new tank is now on order.  Does this issue happen to all tanks or close to it?  Will I have the same issue with the new tank?  I'm reluctant to use it. I may store it and just find a steel tank.  From what I've read, I need an 02-04 S4 tank and swap my pump.  I'll need the new rear bracket too.
Kurt V

« Reply #941 on: November 09, 2010, 07:51:26 AM »

Update on my 696 tank. On Monday I get this email from DNA. I am posting the message in full for anyone that wants to use the phone numbers or email address. So 8 weeks after my bike goes in they finally respond to my email requests for help. Just called the dealer who tells me the tank is on my bike and ready to go. Keep in mind they didn't call me, I had to call them.

John Berntsen
 to me

show details 11:47 AM (21 hours ago)

from   John Berntsen <John.Berntsen@ducati.com>
to   "kvalent118
date   Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 11:47 AM
subject   Your Monster 696 Fuel Tank
mailed-by   ducati.com

hide details 11:47 AM (21 hours ago)
Dear Kurt,
Thank you for contacting Ducati North America.
We apologize for the delay in responding to you and for the concerns that you have with your Monster 696 fuel tank. We have worked diligently to get your tank expedited. In tracking the order that your fuel tank was a part of, we have learned that the parts order was delivered to Jones Powersports on Friday, November 5th, 2010. We encourage you to contact the dealership to schedule an appointment for installation. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,
John Berntsen

Technical Representative - Customer Service
Ducati North America

10443 Bandley Drive
Cupertino, CA 95014

Tel. 408 343 4431

Fax. 408 716 2696

john.berntsen@ducati.com
www.ducatiusa.com
ducatiboy
Super Duper Anti Squid

« Reply #942 on: November 09, 2010, 05:34:29 PM »

Called my local dealer today (Ducati Vermont) and was told I would have to leave the bike with them for "awhile".

Has anyone had this issue?   Why would they need it for "awhile"?

I figured I could get it inspected same day and get a tank on order.   Riding season is coming to a close and I haven't put 50 miles on this thing.

LRRS/CCS EXPERT#116 / MSF Rider Coach/ VT Bike Night Founder/ Turn 1a Racing Team "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow."
Ducati 748 Track/ S2R1000 Street Honda RC31 Racebike, CRF 110 Mini Motard, CRF450x (Big Motard/dirty toy)/ Yamaha YSR50
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #943 on: November 09, 2010, 05:37:28 PM »

Called my local dealer today (Ducati Vermont) and was told I would have to leave the bike with them for "awhile".

I figured I could get it inspected same day and get a tank on order.   Riding season is coming to a close and I haven't put 50 miles on this thing.
They should be able to take photos and the vin and get the process underway.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

booger

all your cookie are belong to me

« Reply #944 on: November 09, 2010, 05:45:02 PM »

Probably some kid who doesn't know what he's talking about. You need the service manager. If the service manager is telling you this, you need to move to NY, NH, or MA. It's pretty well established that all the dealer does is take photos and fill out a form to initiate the process. Geez do all US Ducati dealers have their heads up their asses? You know what I could be a Ducati dealer with my revolutionary new concept of CUSTOMER SERVICE UBER ALLES. Make myself a fortune.
Load that sucker up ina pickemup truck and take it to a dealer who doesn't have his head wedged inside his rectum.

Everybody got a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson

2001 M900Sie - sold
2006 S2R1000 - sold
2008 HM1100S - sold
2004 998 FE - $old
2007 S4RT
2007 Vespa LX50 aka "Slowey"
2008 BMW R1200 GSA
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: