Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 03:04:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666674 times)
Meerkat
When I'm not playing Silver Power Ranger, I'm a

« Reply #870 on: October 04, 2010, 02:45:50 AM »

I wonder if the Ducati Experience includes a tank blowing?
Let's hope not. Ended up shooting the shit and test riding a hyper instead of having the Pond look at my tank. Guess I'll just take to the locals...

'07 S2R1K
'09 Daytona 675
'03 620 Dark-Sold 03/26/2011
Meerkat
When I'm not playing Silver Power Ranger, I'm a

« Reply #871 on: October 08, 2010, 03:37:33 PM »

Ran my s2r1k by Coleman Powersports in Falls Church to get pics taken of the tank (bubbles on sides and latch pressed into ignition). They tell me it'll be spring before it gets approved and a tank floats over from littl'ol Itly!

'07 S2R1K
'09 Daytona 675
'03 620 Dark-Sold 03/26/2011
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #872 on: October 08, 2010, 03:42:14 PM »

What color is your tank?

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #873 on: October 08, 2010, 06:09:44 PM »

That's weird cause I got my tank from Italy in about a week. Weird.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
mjk778

« Reply #874 on: October 10, 2010, 05:03:08 PM »

So one week to the day that I brought my bike in to Rockwell cycles I found out that I was approved by DNA for  replacement tank.  As soon as it arrives they are sending it out to have it coated with Caswell's.  To say I am Psyched is an understatement!  This whole tank issue left me a little bitter towards Ducati, but following the process outlined here was simple.  To anyone who deals with a dealership that has given them the runaround (SOHO for me) my advice is simple...Find another dealer.  Anyone in the NYC area go to Rockwell Cycles.  They are awesome to deal with.

Mike
corvtt1969

« Reply #875 on: October 11, 2010, 04:17:50 PM »

i called colemans in woodbridge(only cause i couldnt get thru at the falls church store) and they said it takes about a month for a new tank, and bring it in to the falls church store where their ducati tech was working. Im going wednesday to hopefully have this resolved. Will post results wednesday night. they also said if i didnt want to leave my bike there, id have to put a deposit down on the tank which was in the 1800$ range.

2006 S2R
2002 Mini Cooper S
1983 XJ750 Maxim
1969 cb450
1969 Corvette vert
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #876 on: October 11, 2010, 04:46:00 PM »

i called colemans in woodbridge(only cause i couldnt get thru at the falls church store) and they said it takes about a month for a new tank, and bring it in to the falls church store where their ducati tech was working. Im going wednesday to hopefully have this resolved. Will post results wednesday night. they also said if i didnt want to leave my bike there, id have to put a deposit down on the tank which was in the 1800$ range.

wait... what???  they said you have to leave your bike there for a month???  WTF?

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #877 on: October 11, 2010, 04:47:43 PM »

wait... what???  they said you have to leave your bike there for a month???  WTF?
a deposit on a warranty part?

Isn't that completely illegal?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #878 on: October 11, 2010, 04:50:10 PM »

a deposit on a warranty part?

Isn't that completely illegal?

I don't know if it's illegal, but it's definitely unwarranted.  They have your VIN, seems DNA would just disapprove another warranty claim if you stiff a dealer.

I just keep hearing garbage like this, and it really pisses me off.

herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #879 on: October 11, 2010, 05:35:29 PM »

and......how could you "stiff" a dealer on a warranty part in the first place?

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #880 on: October 11, 2010, 05:37:41 PM »

and......how could you "stiff" a dealer on a warranty part in the first place?
Ducati bills the dealer for the part and then the dealer bills Ducati for the claim.

If the customer doesn't come to have the work done the dealer gets 'stiffed' or stuck with the part.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

mjk778

« Reply #881 on: October 11, 2010, 06:23:45 PM »

Placing a deposit for warranty parts or having to leave your bike for any amount of time is ridiculous.  I would contact DNA and make them aware....

I guess it really comes down to the dealer you go to.  I stopped by on a Saturday, they snapped 4 pics, took the VIN and I was approved in a week.  They said about a week to get the new tank in, and about two weeks to send out to get coated. 

I think some dealers for whatever reason just don't want to do this work.  Last year I was told my tank had to be leaking to even have it looked at by them.

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #882 on: October 11, 2010, 06:37:36 PM »

Update

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=25074.0

Update #4  11-Oct-2010

If you have been told by a dealer any of the following, PLEASE PM ME with your contact info, i.e. name, email, phone #, and the dealer you dealt with.  I will be taking this directly to a meeting with my contacts at Ducati.

• You have to have a leaking tank before we will replace it.
  • You have to leave a deposit to get your replacement tank
  • You have to leave your bike with us until the new tank comes in
  • Ducati isn't replacing tanks merely for expansion
  • Your bike is out of warranty, no replacement

etc

Also, if you have sold your bike due to the tank issue, please contact me as above.

Thanks

Izaak

Kurt V

« Reply #883 on: October 13, 2010, 05:33:01 AM »

Well it has now been over 3 weeks and I still don't have a replacement tank. Dealer yesterday told me it is on back order from Italy with no estimated date of arrival. Guess it is up to me to see if I can make it happen.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #884 on: October 13, 2010, 08:06:13 AM »

Well it has now been over 3 weeks and I still don't have a replacement tank. Dealer yesterday told me it is on back order from Italy with no estimated date of arrival. Guess it is up to me to see if I can make it happen.

Mine took 5 months.

Don't expect quick service on this, you are in a big line of people probably, esp for the popular colors.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: