Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 09:51:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666572 times)
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #840 on: September 23, 2010, 02:03:50 AM »

Getting my replacement tank today.  Self-paid for Caswell.  Will keep everyone posted.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #841 on: September 23, 2010, 04:20:36 AM »

Tiz, what cn be done about dealers like Ducati SoHo? Not all people are on the forum or actually do research. This is a case of a dealer obviously providing incorrect information. Can DNA step in and do something about it?

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #842 on: September 23, 2010, 07:37:41 AM »

Tiz, what cn be done about dealers like Ducati SoHo? Not all people are on the forum or actually do research. This is a case of a dealer obviously providing incorrect information. Can DNA step in and do something about it?

I brought it up with them previously, I don't know what they did with the information.  Other than people calling up Ducati NA in California and saying they are taking their business elsewhere, DucSoho has a franchise contract or some similar arrangement.  Ducati NA doesn't lose business if you go to another Ducati dealer.

The best thing to do is call Ducati NA directly, they have a good cust service line I have found and so far people are getting good info from them.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
mjk778

« Reply #843 on: September 25, 2010, 09:24:51 PM »

You are the 3rd or 4th person sold that line of BS from Ducati Soho. 

Ducati NA is replacing every tank that is showing deformation.  There is no "fuel must be leaking" rule, and I have that in an email directly from DNA.  Take it to another dealer, and with it, the rest of your business.

Im going to call Rockwell cycles on Tuesday.  If I do get the tank replaced I would like have it coated with Caswell's liner as to avoid issues in the future. Anyone know if this will be done by the dealer or can I request to do this myself prior to putting the tank on?
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #844 on: September 26, 2010, 01:59:32 AM »

Im going to call Rockwell cycles on Tuesday.  If I do get the tank replaced I would like have it coated with Caswell's liner as to avoid issues in the future. Anyone know if this will be done by the dealer or can I request to do this myself prior to putting the tank on?

Most likely they can do it, I have read of multiple dealers around the country even offering it as part of the tank replacement (but you gotta pay).. A kit is about $40 and figure 2 hours labor typical.   

There are about a half dozen multistrada guys I have talked to who have had the coating running now well over a year and zero issues.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #845 on: September 26, 2010, 04:46:19 AM »

I talked to my dealer yesterday. I'm going to pay for the kit and bring it in. We will coat my tank and their personal tanks as well. If it works out I'm hoping they will also start coating the tanks for the additional fee. $40 is a small price to pay to get at least 1 dealer to do the right thing.

Can anyone post a link to the Caswell site so that I can order the kit?

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #846 on: September 26, 2010, 04:49:11 AM »

I talked to my dealer yesterday. I'm going to pay for the kit and bring it in. We will coat my tank and their personal tanks as well. If it works out I'm hoping they will also start coating the tanks for the additional fee. $40 is a small price to pay to get at least 1 dealer to do the right thing.

Can anyone post a link to the Caswell site so that I can order the kit?
Dood...

Is google broken there?  Roll Eyes

http://www.caswellplating.com/aids/epoxygas.htm

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #847 on: September 26, 2010, 06:08:24 AM »

Too lazy and I was confident that my neighborhood humorless painter would reply.

BTW, in the same conversation I had with the dealer he explained that there are laws in Florida where I dealer can not refuse to do warranty work. Are there similar laws in NY?

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #848 on: September 26, 2010, 06:11:10 AM »

Too lazy and I was confident that my neighborhood humorless painter would reply.

BTW, in the same conversation I had with the dealer he explained that there are laws in Florida where I dealer can not refuse to do warranty work. Are there similar laws in NY?

that's interesting, i'd like to see the statute in Florida.  I am aware of nothing in NY that requires the >dealer< to do the work, but of course there are state laws which affect a >manufacturer< who sells a warranted good in NY.

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #849 on: September 26, 2010, 06:19:55 AM »

Most manufacturers, or distributors, have clauses in the franchise agreement that requires that dealers perform warranty work.

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #850 on: September 27, 2010, 02:20:10 AM »

But from what we see in this situation, DNA is not forcing their dealers to do the warranty work. When he told me I first thought it was under the lemon law, but it's something separate.

IamSMC

« Reply #851 on: September 27, 2010, 05:19:43 AM »

Most manufacturers, or distributors, have clauses in the franchise agreement that requires that dealers perform warranty work.

I assume the clauses involves reimbursement to the dealer from Ducati NA for work performed at the dealer for the warranty work.

But with Ducati Soho Manhattan, are these bozos just avoiding dealing with the reimbursement process with Ducati NA? (Assuming IF there is a issue with reimbursement.)

I find the excuse, "it has to be leaking", to refuse warranty replacement seems at odds with safety issue.

When I asked the service manager , the one that refused to submit a warranty claim on my tank, why would Ducati NA wait for fuel to drip onto the engine and involve other related issues with leaking fuel, or even a fire hazard, he was silent on the inquiry...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 05:21:56 AM by IamSMC » Logged

2007 Ducati Monster S4R S Testastretta
2005 Ducati Monster S2R 800
2007 Aprilia Sportcity 250ie
2009 Aprilia Sportcity One 125
mjk778

« Reply #852 on: September 27, 2010, 06:10:43 AM »

I brought it up with them previously, I don't know what they did with the information.  Other than people calling up Ducati NA in California and saying they are taking their business elsewhere, DucSoho has a franchise contract or some similar arrangement.  Ducati NA doesn't lose business if you go to another Ducati dealer.

The best thing to do is call Ducati NA directly, they have a good cust service line I have found and so far people are getting good info from them.

Just called Ducati NA to inform them of the issues with the tank swelling, as well as Ducati SOHO misinforming me that the tank needs to be leaking.  Ducati NA rep was aware of SOHO giving incorrect information to customers, documented our conversation, and told me to bring it up to Nick at Rockwell cycles.  I'm going to make the appointment tomorrow.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #853 on: September 27, 2010, 07:07:21 AM »

But from what we see in this situation, DNA is not forcing their dealers to do the warranty work. When he told me I first thought it was under the lemon law, but it's something separate.

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

If my dealer told me no and I knew they had their heads wedged, I'd thank DNA for pointing me in a better direction. If you were a distributor of a product and you had multiple dealers in a metro area would you force the dealer to do the work, probably piss off the customer, or worse have a bunch of pissed off people force federal involvement...

or find a dealer that understands they make money when they do warranty work and even more from happy customers?

It seems, to me at least, that some people are trying to vilify DNA.

I think they're doing a pretty good job in a sucky situation.

perspective

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #854 on: September 27, 2010, 07:43:07 AM »

I think this whole thread has shown that DNA has been doing the right thing.

In South Florida there was a dealer that completely sucked. DNA had been trying for years to kill that relationship, but it wasn't until the dealer went under that they were able to get away from the situation. Like you said DP, it might be that DNA is not happy with SoHo for many reasons and they're doing their best to point people to the better dealer.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: