Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 04:15:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 669730 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #600 on: June 17, 2010, 02:17:48 PM »

The paperwork question was for tank replacement not ODI reports.

I am tracking the reports as they are posted and will print them out in a batch.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
csp808

« Reply #601 on: June 17, 2010, 03:26:52 PM »

I just filed with NHTSA and subscribed to  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ducatiplastictanks/join  Thanks for the links. Also, I took mine in to the dealer two weeks ago. He had a surprised look on his face but he got his digcam out right away and took pictures of the hinge slots and latch area. I called a week later and he said they were backordered. I called again today (two weeks later) - still backordered. And don't call him, he'll call me. Did anybody get any paperwork given to them when they made their complaint? I have no documentation whatsoever.
Vaclav you need to call DNA I was fed this line of b.s for 7 months till i called  DNA they got  on the dealers ass and called me back telling me there was no excuse for this and that i needed to go back to the dealer and this would be handled. That was 3 weeks ago, today the dealer called telling me my tank is in. If you let the dealer push you off you'll likely never see a tank
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:44:08 PM by csp808 » Logged
DUCURTI

« Reply #602 on: June 17, 2010, 04:10:28 PM »

Scroll back to the first few pages.  I've requested ppl send me pics but only a few have come in.

Here are a few pics of my tank...

Latch/Ignition

Left side rubber mount

Dimples

Ripple - hard to see but its there

Complaint logged...

Your Complaint Information is successfully submitted.
Your Confirmation number (ODI Number) is: 10336897
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 04:48:11 PM by DUCURTI » Logged

2007 s4rs
adamld83

« Reply #603 on: June 18, 2010, 08:31:58 AM »

Don't wait.  It is unrelated.  You just need your VIN and mpdel info and to describe the problem

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

I posted some sample language but it is unnecessary.  Saying the gas tank expanded and how much is sufficient.  Mention how on a bike the gas tank IS BETWEEN YOUR LEGS and a split tank would be ahuge problem.  If your handles were/are hitting say so because that affects handling.
Thanks..will get on this and file asap. Talked to my dealer here in columbus,ohio and he said of 6 complaints filed, only one has been replaced. Said DNA is intentionally moving slow until a composite is found that doesnt result in reacting the fuel.......?? Either way, he sounded eager to take pics and file the claim although my damage is minimal right now.
Bill in OKC

S4Rs

« Reply #604 on: June 18, 2010, 10:07:50 AM »

DNA is intentionally moving slow until a composite is found that doesnt result in reacting the fuel.......??
I guess if they wait long enough - like maybe 5 years - it magically won't be DNA's problem anymore?  Or does a *known problem* get fixed even after the 5 year warranty has expired?

'07 S4Rs  '02 RSVR  '75 GT550  '13 FXSB  '74 H1E  '71 CB750
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #605 on: June 18, 2010, 11:28:35 AM »

I've never seen a duc with more than a two year warranty.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #606 on: June 18, 2010, 12:01:04 PM »

5 year emissions eq warranty.

Covers your charcoal canister too

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #607 on: June 18, 2010, 12:03:40 PM »

also the usa emissions warranty dies at about 18000 miles

Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #608 on: June 18, 2010, 12:20:24 PM »

also the usa emissions warranty dies at about 18000 miles

Ours got replaced at 22k.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #609 on: June 18, 2010, 12:37:49 PM »

I'm at just over 20k and thought mine was immune but just this weekend noticed my latch is further forward than it used to be.  Tongue

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
scduc

« Reply #610 on: June 18, 2010, 12:38:36 PM »

So does a newly "purchased" tank come with the warranty?

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
BK_856er

2007 M695; 2004 749s

« Reply #611 on: June 18, 2010, 01:19:45 PM »

So does a newly "purchased" tank come with the warranty?

My dealer told me that the replacement tank is automatically covered for 1yr, independent of any mandatory "emissions" or discretionary "goodwill" coverage.  I got replacement tank #2 within the 1yr period -just barely.

BK
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #612 on: June 18, 2010, 02:42:16 PM »

As of my last conversation with DNA, they are replacing tanks regardless of the age of the bike, and regardless of primary or secondary ownership.

I'd call that good will, across the board.

They might have some kind of insurance for the in-warranty bikes, I don't know how that works.  Nevertheless, for the time being, everyone is getting a tank, unless they are an asian guy whose bike smells like someone dumped garbage on it.   Evil

Blake

« Reply #613 on: June 18, 2010, 04:20:01 PM »

So, what began six months ago is finally getting wrapped up tomorrow.  I'm scheduled to have my tank replaced tomorrow a.m.
I'm pretty stoked since the dealer emailed last week stating that the tank wouldn't arrive until early Aug.

Later
scduc

« Reply #614 on: June 19, 2010, 05:57:27 AM »

So considering that the possibility of having to get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, tank, my guess is that we should at least try the coating that is recommended by other users on this board. My 2nd tank is getting close to a year old, and I believe that I will have the same issue in the not so distant future. Problem is, I laid the bike down and now I have some real small pits in the paint. My guess is that they will not want to warranty it. So if I have to buy a new tank, I want to make sure I do every thing possible to prevent this from happening again.

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: