Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 06:07:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666707 times)
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #570 on: June 02, 2010, 08:45:09 AM »

Most think that the ethanol is definitely not helping. There are few gas stations that still provide 100% ethanol free gas. You would need to look for the specific stations in your area. I have yet to hear of someone that has had this issue when using normal gas.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
adamld83

« Reply #571 on: June 02, 2010, 10:06:39 AM »

Thanks, I'll look into it. What a bummer though. Come to mention it, looked at the same bike but an 05 where the tank looked waaay to big for the frame and the owner had no clue. I thought it was maybe a tank that was rebuilt and the dude wasnt being straight up.
lazarus7

« Reply #572 on: June 02, 2010, 11:27:04 AM »

just a quick note, got the new warrantied tank installed in just about 2 hours, waytogo
just got back from the shop with the trailer, will post detailed pics in a separate thread shortly...
so, tank warrantied and replaced in about 3 months even, from visual inspection to return home.

"...the greatest artists indulge in a 'culpable rivalry' with God."     Stanislas Fumet
Dave328

« Reply #573 on: June 04, 2010, 08:31:31 AM »

First off thanks to ducatiz for putting this together. Second off..no I have not had any issues thus far (I hope) with my 06 red/white s2r 800. Just picked it up last fri and now saw this post. Needless to say I am nervous and cannot wait to get home and inspect my tank with a microscope. Few quick questions....If mine has gone this long is it safe to say Im out of the woods? Is their any preventative things I can do ? Does the ethanol hypothesis still hold weight? If so, which gas stations are the safest bet? Thanks guys for any help/guidance.
You may not be so lucky. I didn't start to notice any issues on my '06 S2r800 till about 2 months ago. I never paid much attention to this thread cuz my tank was fine. That is, until a buddy told me to look at my tank and sure enough, no ripples but it was almost touching the ignition switch. I have an appt to get my new tank installed next saturday.
Trenchdigger

« Reply #574 on: June 06, 2010, 03:40:31 AM »

Looks like I'm suffering this same problem too.  It's not severe yet, and hopefully won't be, but it is there: Tank Expansion.  Sad

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #575 on: June 08, 2010, 02:04:11 PM »

went to Rockwell Cycles. The secretary checked it out and it sounds like i am going to get a tank. My tank latch is pushing against the keysensor and one bumper is 90% off the frame and theres bumps all over, my steering damper is also hitting the tank. she took a bunch of pics and is submitting the claim for me.

Ive never met a dealer with as cool guys and customers as Rockwell. Its a much smaller shop than goldcoast and i got a chance to talk to a few techs, they are supercool guys.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #576 on: June 08, 2010, 02:27:47 PM »

I'm glad you finally are getting some action but now I'm afraid a meteor will strike Rockwells!

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #577 on: June 08, 2010, 03:23:36 PM »

I'm glad you finally are getting some action but now I'm afraid a meteor will strike Rockwells!

>:O

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #578 on: June 08, 2010, 04:29:18 PM »

laughingdp applause

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
beancounter

« Reply #579 on: June 10, 2010, 09:06:27 AM »

went to Rockwell Cycles. The secretary checked it out and it sounds like i am going to get a tank. My tank latch is pushing against the keysensor and one bumper is 90% off the frame and theres bumps all over, my steering damper is also hitting the tank. she took a bunch of pics and is submitting the claim for me.

Ive never met a dealer with as cool guys and customers as Rockwell. Its a much smaller shop than goldcoast and i got a chance to talk to a few techs, they are supercool guys.

+1 on Rockwell Cycles waytogo

I was there with He Man and had them submit a claim for my tank as well.  Waiting to see what happens.  Also, I joined the ducatiplastictanks group and will submit my info momentarily.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #580 on: June 11, 2010, 11:52:18 AM »

If they let me keep my tank, im going to set it on fire and roll it down a hill.

only because i cant burn my whole bike....

Dave328

« Reply #581 on: June 12, 2010, 06:21:22 AM »

I just dropped my bike this morning to get the tank replaced. Service Mgr said they have had luck getting DNA to replace tank protectors as well. I have a Ducati Corse carbon protector on my tank, and getting it off in one piece ain't gonna happen. Anybody else get one replaced with their tank?
poseur

« Reply #582 on: June 14, 2010, 07:33:54 AM »

Any update as to whether Ducati is using a new and/or modified tank yet?  I have a 796 on order.  Maybe I should cancel until this is sorted out.
Duckintime

« Reply #583 on: June 14, 2010, 02:40:48 PM »

Any update as to whether Ducati is using a new and/or modified tank yet?  I have a 796 on order.  Maybe I should cancel until this is sorted out.
Someone was having probs with their 696 tank.. scroll a few pages back. It was pushing out the tank covers. Dunno, but for me id be looking for a metal tank on any new bike these days.
markmon

« Reply #584 on: June 14, 2010, 08:05:28 PM »

I have a plastic tank too. Can anyone provide pictures for some show and tell...

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: