Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 06:11:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666708 times)
scduc

« Reply #555 on: May 27, 2010, 04:35:57 PM »

How long will Ducati continue to make tanks for the monsters with problems? I've had mine replaced once, and I am afraid if it happens again, that it's up to me for replacement. Which I would do, want to do, but I refuse to have a deformed tank. I had mine replace less then a year ago, and I just laid it down. With some good scratches. My thought is to have it repainted, and while I'm at it, have the inside coated. Has anyone had any luck with this?

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #556 on: May 27, 2010, 04:58:14 PM »

No idea how long Ducati will make the tanks.  I have a feeling that whatever EOL plans they had for these tanks has changed, but I know nothing yet.

As far as coating, a good number of people have reported doing it (Caswell seems to be the preferred).  A lot of riders on the Multi board have used it and are reporting that it is fine.  I don't know what one would look for it "not working" which would mean it stops stickign to the tank.

I plan to have mine coated, from my correspondence with Lance Caswell, their formula will stick to the polyamide tank just fine.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Dave328

« Reply #557 on: May 28, 2010, 02:54:26 PM »

Just got the call today from my dealer. Tank is in! chug That's 8 weeks to the day of starting the paperwork. I just wish my battery had waited a few more weeks before kicking the bucket! Getting that tank off sucked balls!!! Cry
DUCURTI

« Reply #558 on: May 29, 2010, 05:43:06 AM »

Just dropped my bike off at Duc Pond Motorsports in winchester, VA. They took one look at it and said they wouldn't have any problem getting this one approved. The tech described the tank as "having more dimples than a golf ball". He was also surprised that the ignition didn't cease to function due to the amount of pressure the tank was putting on it. I hope this goes quickly as I'd hate to miss out on the majority of the 2010 riding season.

2007 s4rs
Blake

« Reply #559 on: May 29, 2010, 07:52:43 AM »

Still waiting on my tank, since December. 
DUCURTI

« Reply #560 on: May 29, 2010, 11:33:50 AM »

Still waiting on my tank, since December. 

OK this is what I would call terrible news.

2007 s4rs
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #561 on: May 29, 2010, 01:35:42 PM »

OK this is what I would call terrible news.

it depends on the color

mine is the Acid Yellow, which was only on the '05 models.  other colors have quicker ship.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
DUCURTI

« Reply #562 on: May 30, 2010, 02:42:55 AM »

it depends on the color

mine is the Acid Yellow, which was only on the '05 models.  other colors have quicker ship.

I've got the white with red rally stripe which (I think) is pretty standard.

That makes sense and makes me feel alot better about this. I still can't figure out why I chose Memorial Day weekend to voluntarily drop my bike off for service.

2007 s4rs
aglanixp

We are the young gods, No?

« Reply #563 on: May 30, 2010, 04:15:44 AM »

Finally picked up the bike yesterday from Battley Cycles in Maryland. 
I dropped it off to do the swap on Friday of last week, and it was supposed to be done on Saturday.

They called me Saturday to say they may have broke the quick disconnect nipple while pulling the tank and they would need to order the part.
They got the new part in, (which includes the entire fuel pump assembly) and installed it and the new tank without charging me a penny.

One week total.
Very happy with the service and communication.
And the ride yesterday was fantastic!

2007 S2R 1000
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #564 on: May 30, 2010, 10:33:28 AM »

it depends on the color

My '07 gloss black took 4 months.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #565 on: May 30, 2010, 02:14:31 PM »

I should have said, mine is the Acid Yellow color and took 6 months.

I think there are a lot of factors affecting delivery schedules.

DarkStaR

« Reply #566 on: May 30, 2010, 03:28:21 PM »

Just made my claim yesterday...and now the waiting game begins.

lazarus7

« Reply #567 on: June 01, 2010, 05:11:41 AM »

wooo hoo got the call this morning....
jeff from euro cycles called to inform me that the red/ white stripe tank for my '07 s4rs has arrived....
appointment set for tomorrow 2pm, he estimates an hour and a half to swap tanks....
drain fuel, exchange fuel pump assembly and hardware, swap....

initial claim , and post here, March 4 2010, so just about three months end to end....

"...the greatest artists indulge in a 'culpable rivalry' with God."     Stanislas Fumet
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #568 on: June 01, 2010, 05:19:57 AM »

I guess the dark tank is always the better choice. End to end it took them 3 weeks and that was because I took 5 extra days to drop off the bike.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
adamld83

« Reply #569 on: June 02, 2010, 07:44:59 AM »

First off thanks to ducatiz for putting this together. Second off..no I have not had any issues thus far (I hope) with my 06 red/white s2r 800. Just picked it up last fri and now saw this post. Needless to say I am nervous and cannot wait to get home and inspect my tank with a microscope. Few quick questions....If mine has gone this long is it safe to say Im out of the woods? Is their any preventative things I can do ? Does the ethanol hypothesis still hold weight? If so, which gas stations are the safest bet? Thanks guys for any help/guidance.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: