Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 11:57:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666607 times)
rockaduc

« Reply #525 on: May 16, 2010, 09:13:43 AM »

^^ Yes, it was a 5-minute once-over along with some picture-taking for the "inspection".

Then I went home and he called me a day or so later to tell me it was approved.

+1 that was my experience as well.

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you.  If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #526 on: May 16, 2010, 10:12:38 AM »

Hopefully this will be the case.

Goldcoast said: theres no such thing
Ducati Soho said yes but pretty much lied straight to my face on "the tank is on its way"

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #527 on: May 16, 2010, 10:33:10 AM »

Hopefully this will be the case.

Goldcoast said: theres no such thing
Ducati Soho said yes but pretty much lied straight to my face on "the tank is on its way"

"there's no such thing" what?

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #528 on: May 16, 2010, 10:48:07 AM »

this was a while ago, when i had my valve guides replaced, i showed them the tank issue, and they said, theres no such thing as an expanding tank, my tank just needs to get adjusted ( tank mount, tank latch and rubber stops)

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #529 on: May 16, 2010, 11:48:07 AM »

this was a while ago, when i had my valve guides replaced, i showed them the tank issue, and they said, theres no such thing as an expanding tank, my tank just needs to get adjusted ( tank mount, tank latch and rubber stops)

i wonder what they are saying now that Ducati has replaced thousands of them?

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #530 on: May 16, 2010, 03:32:19 PM »

I dont care about them enough to ask. I went there for a warranty once out of the blue. They kept giving me various reasons as to why they need "another week". and then when i yelled at them, the parts were magically there.

Wonked

« Reply #531 on: May 17, 2010, 04:06:40 AM »

Just added my name to the list. The gas tank on my 2007 M695 is now nearly impossible to latch/dislatch. Anyone know a good dealer in Atlanta-area who will take care of this?

The place I bought it is no longer in business (Atlanta Triumph Ducati)...
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #532 on: May 17, 2010, 05:42:22 AM »

Just added my name to the list. The gas tank on my 2007 M695 is now nearly impossible to latch/dislatch. Anyone know a good dealer in Atlanta-area who will take care of this?

The place I bought it is no longer in business (Atlanta Triumph Ducati)...

Take it to NPR Ducati, but they're not close. They're almost to Athens. If it wasn't a warranty issue, I would take it to the Duc Shop, but they don't do warranty.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #533 on: May 17, 2010, 05:47:16 AM »

I wouldn't recommend them, but you can probably also check with Atlanta Motor World up in Alpharetta or there's also the BMW dealership that sells Ducs. I still recommend taking it to NPR. You're taking your chances with the other 2.

Wonked

« Reply #534 on: May 17, 2010, 06:00:19 AM »

Duccarlos - just got off the phone with Brett and NPR Ducati. He said I could email photos to them, along with the VIN and they'd order me a new tank - should arrive within a month from submission of photos.

Brett was totally up to speed with the problems plastic tank owners are having.

Good recommendation (it would appear).

Thanks!
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #535 on: May 17, 2010, 07:44:41 AM »

NPR is hands down the best dealership in Georgia.

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #536 on: May 17, 2010, 07:45:37 AM »

That is very cool that they'll let you send photos.  I'm sure they doublecheck when you bring the bike in.

Wonked

« Reply #537 on: May 17, 2010, 08:50:29 AM »

That is very cool that they'll let you send photos.  I'm sure they doublecheck when you bring the bike in.

Not sure why, assuming they are being paid to do the work. I'm not driving an hour each way to replace a perfectly good tank.

In any event, it'd be fine with me if they checked it out.
Blackout

« Reply #538 on: May 18, 2010, 06:27:57 AM »

Anyone know how big these tanks will get? I took off the rear pivot mount and lengthened the holes so that I could slide the tank back a bit further. The tank fits properly again for the time being. chug

2003 Ducati Monster 800
2005 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2003 Honda CR250
2008 KTM 990 SuperDuke
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #539 on: May 18, 2010, 12:08:48 PM »

My old tank was almost 6 inches bigger in circumference. Your effort may be fine for you.  Some tanks are expanding irregularly.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: