Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 02:29:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666657 times)
Nekkid Tim

« Reply #315 on: December 14, 2009, 05:57:44 PM »

Thats the thing -- the same tank that was put on last week is the same tank they put on the first time.
It's crap then, and it's crap now.

So in two years when this thing swells up like a bee-sting again what are we going to do? We are lucky as it is to fall in the emissions warrenty. I highly doubt we'll be getting another $1800 freebie for the next one when we are out of the 5 years.

Yes, if you read back through this interminable thread, that has been exactly my concern as well.    But I'll figure it out one way or another; whether it's having a custom alloy tank beaten for me in England, or buying an older steel Monster tank and modifying it to work on my S4Rs, or taking a ETI FuelCel carbon-kevlar tank for one of the older Monsters and modifying it, if I have to, I'll figure it out and keep this bike.

Ducati DS1000SS track bike crashed 9/19/16, Ducati DS1000SS Roadster conversion street bike, 2000 Harley FXDX Super Glide Sport, 2006 Harley FLHXI Street Glide, 1967 Honda CL-90 Scrambler
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #316 on: December 17, 2009, 11:45:23 AM »

Steel tank is the easiest way to go. I have one with a small dent in it that i plan on fixing adn throwing it on my bike ,however, undoubtly, my bike will probably get knocked over again, so im wondering how it would look if i punches it in myself and made it flow with the tank.. lol

So i got an email back from Ducati of North America

"Dear Kui,

I am not getting anywhere with the dealership on your fuel tank. Any chance that you can go to Rockwell Cycles in Ft. Montgomery NY?

Regards,"

Seems like they cant even get the dealership to replace my tank. Thats fine, i heard that place is shutting down for restructuring the management.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
aaronb

« Reply #317 on: December 17, 2009, 02:32:01 PM »

Steel tank is the easiest way to go. I have one with a small dent in it that i plan on fixing adn throwing it on my bike ,however, undoubtly, my bike will probably get knocked over again, so im wondering how it would look if i punches it in myself and made it flow with the tank.. lol

So i got an email back from Ducati of North America

"Dear Kui,

I am not getting anywhere with the dealership on your fuel tank. Any chance that you can go to Rockwell Cycles in Ft. Montgomery NY?

Regards,"

Seems like they cant even get the dealership to replace my tank. Thats fine, i heard that place is shutting down for restructuring the management.

wait, so DNA will replace it, but the dealer won't do the work?  that's really nice. 

Milwaukee, WI
'07 s2r1k, '81 honda cb400t
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #318 on: December 17, 2009, 03:40:12 PM »

Kui,

Please schedule an appointment. The Regional Representative who authorizes the claims is aware of your situation. When scheduling, you will need to let them know that you can’t leave the bike. Unless you can find a way to truck it there.

Regards,

Nah, apparently DNA getting in touch with someone at the dealership, is just as bad as me trying to get in touch them. THey just dont pick up the phone or respond to emails.

Eitherway....atleast i can do it.

Now comes the fun part.

If my bike gets totaled, and i dont want to buy it back, I am willing to swap the new tank i get with anyone here who has a spare tank that is bad, for free. just pay shipping both ways and youll get a brand new tank that you can coat or do whatever you want.

I will be trying to get a red tank. or black.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #319 on: December 17, 2009, 05:08:17 PM »

Nah, apparently DNA getting in touch with someone at the dealership, is just as bad as me trying to get in touch them. THey just dont pick up the phone or respond to emails.

Eitherway....atleast i can do it.

Now comes the fun part.

If my bike gets totaled, and i dont want to buy it back, I am willing to swap the new tank i get with anyone here who has a spare tank that is bad, for free. just pay shipping both ways and youll get a brand new tank that you can coat or do whatever you want.

I will be trying to get a red tank. or black.

I'll take it.. 

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
DarkStaR

« Reply #320 on: December 20, 2009, 12:11:25 PM »

Joined...

2 Wheel Wanderer

Pavement Junkie

« Reply #321 on: December 22, 2009, 10:59:21 PM »

I joined about 3 weeks ago. Ducatiz thanks for your work on this. Since joining I have gone to my dealership and they put in a claim to DNA for me. I just got the news that I was denied a new tank due to the mileage on my bike. Apparently the emissions warranty is 5 years or 18K miles. My odometer is at 23K.
J.P.

« Reply #322 on: December 24, 2009, 05:31:47 AM »

Wow! So that's how they are gonna play it?
So now you gotta buy a new tank?

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
2 Wheel Wanderer

Pavement Junkie

« Reply #323 on: December 24, 2009, 10:06:15 AM »

Wow! So that's how they are gonna play it?
So now you gotta buy a new tank?

Nope, I'm gonna call DNA directly to see if I can get it handled.
scduc

« Reply #324 on: December 25, 2009, 11:49:52 AM »

So where's the list of those you had no problems and those still waiting? I cant help but think that a lot of this is not DNA but the actual dealer.

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
Charlief

« Reply #325 on: December 25, 2009, 11:57:37 AM »

So where's the list of those you had no problems and those still waiting? I cant help but think that a lot of this is not DNA but the actual dealer.

this is my feeling also.  I got my tank in less than 3 weeks. From what I read about "He Man"....  it seems to be his dealer and not DNA   

Blake

« Reply #326 on: January 07, 2010, 07:43:59 PM »

Spoke to my local dealer the other day, he took some pics and sent them off to DNA.  Didn't hear back right away so I called the guy at the dealer and asked for the cust. svc. reps # at DNA and called him.  I've been given the green light on a new tank under the Emission Control warranty.   waytogo  So now I wait for who knows how long until they build my tank, but I'm a happy camper that they took care of the issue w/ no hassle whatsoever.

Later
J.P.

« Reply #327 on: January 08, 2010, 07:27:59 AM »

Anyone else have the feeling that DNA or the parent is just going to replace the tank with the same, until no longer obligated by US federal law to do so?
Anyone hear news by Duc or Acerbis actually admitting that there is a problem or if the replacement tanks are any different?
My tank now is showing a crease in the side. Like it's been dented.

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #328 on: January 08, 2010, 08:00:33 AM »

Anyone else have the feeling that DNA or the parent is just going to replace the tank with the same, until no longer obligated by US federal law to do so?
Anyone hear news by Duc or Acerbis actually admitting that there is a problem or if the replacement tanks are any different?
My tank now is showing a crease in the side. Like it's been dented.

ugh, that's exactly what they did with the 900ss frame cracking problem.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Blake

« Reply #329 on: January 08, 2010, 10:10:08 PM »

The guy at DNA told me that the composition of the new tank has been altered to deal w/ the problem.   Roll Eyes
We'll see.  Since the dealer that's taking care of my tank also sells Triumphs, it might just be time for that matte black Speed Triple.

Later
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: