Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 08:49:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666557 times)
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #225 on: October 21, 2009, 10:24:39 AM »

i waited 3 months for a black or silver tank. Red seems to be very common, so i said ill take a red tank too. they said they would try 2 weeks ago. no word back from them.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #226 on: October 22, 2009, 12:53:38 PM »

I finally had a chance to take my bike to the dealer.

He said not to get my hopes up as I am above the mileage for the emissions warranty Sad but he will submit it anyway.  I should find out in about a week.

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Charlief

« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2009, 03:10:05 AM »

I also went to my dealer yesterday. He took a few pictures and noted my mileage. I left but went back into the showroom a few minutes later to check out the new shirts and he was already at the computer up loading my pictures.  He told ne that "most" monster tanks have been covered.   Crossing my fingers!!

Nekkid Tim

« Reply #228 on: October 24, 2009, 07:43:04 AM »

He said not to get my hopes up as I am above the mileage for the emissions warranty Sad but he will submit it anyway.  I should find out in about a week.

I hope you will still post a complaint with the NHTSA on safety grounds.  The ignition switch housing wearing through the tank until there is a fuel leak directly above the engine should be something an agency like the NHTSA OUGHT to be interested in!

Tim

Ducati DS1000SS track bike crashed 9/19/16, Ducati DS1000SS Roadster conversion street bike, 2000 Harley FXDX Super Glide Sport, 2006 Harley FLHXI Street Glide, 1967 Honda CL-90 Scrambler
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #229 on: October 24, 2009, 01:34:29 PM »

I hope you will still post a complaint with the NHTSA on safety grounds.  The ignition switch housing wearing through the tank until there is a fuel leak directly above the engine should be something an agency like the NHTSA OUGHT to be interested in!

I absolutely will after I get the word back from the dealer. waytogo

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
DCXCV

« Reply #230 on: October 26, 2009, 12:24:49 PM »

Got mine replaced at 30k - though I was told by the dealer that it was something of a gift and went through because the AZ rep is cool.

"I tend to ride faster when I can't see where I'm going. Everything works out better that way." -- Colin Edwards
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #231 on: October 26, 2009, 05:33:29 PM »

I got word from Ducpond that my tank came in last week.  That's right at a month for an Acid Yellow tank.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Benjamin5150
« Reply #232 on: October 27, 2009, 07:15:46 AM »

Ducpond just got mine as well.   waytogo
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #233 on: October 27, 2009, 09:49:22 AM »

Ducpond just got mine as well.   waytogo

what color and how long did you wait?

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Benjamin5150
« Reply #234 on: October 28, 2009, 06:16:26 AM »

It's a Dark...it's been maybe 4-6 weeks?
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #235 on: November 02, 2009, 07:02:18 AM »

I kinda liked the wider tank, but it was an issue on the track. I need to go to the new dealer and explain the whole thing.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
1d10t

« Reply #236 on: November 05, 2009, 07:44:29 AM »

Okay I must say, huge Props to Moto Dave and his crew at EastSide Moto Sports! I have never had such exceptional service from any dealership, car or motorcycle!   

Not only did Dave order my tank for replacement and go to bat for me, my 2006 is a year out of warranty, he used his personal vehicle to get me to and from my office. That's service! I will now only go to ESM for all services, parts and new bikes.

Dave made it so convenient to get warrantied, I didn't even have to bring my bike into the shop until the tank arrived. Way to set the high bar!

Now I have a shiny new tank and the reassurance there will not be any leaks. Oh I can latch the tank now!!! It's the simple things in life that keep me happy. 

Man, all I have to say is THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!
TobyDanger

2007 S2R800

« Reply #237 on: November 05, 2009, 05:22:11 PM »

Hmm if it expands enough, think maybe I can get 200 miles on one tank?

Noticed a "ripple" in my left knee pocket a few weeks ago... nothing big, just that the left and right pocket weren't really the same.  Then this weekend I went to lift the tank to plug in the tender (damn cold, rainy PNW winters) and saw the right frame stay was about half way outside the frame, and the latch was almost touching the ignition.  Looks like a trip to DucSea soon.

Just signed up for the Yahoo group.

07 S2R800

-=TobyDanger=-

"@[=g3,8d]\&fbb=-q]/hk%fg"
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #238 on: November 07, 2009, 04:19:05 PM »

Hmm if it expands enough, think maybe I can get 200 miles on one tank?

not 200. more like 150-160.

mine officially holds 3.4 gallons now.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #239 on: November 07, 2009, 05:00:14 PM »

not 200. more like 150-160.

mine officially holds 3.4 gallons now.

interesting, i sort of assumed the material would expand in all directions which would make the volume smaller not larger.

if the volume is increasing and the outside is as well, then the tank wall is getting thinner..

NOT GOOD!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: