Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 04:29:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666836 times)
cduarte

« Reply #135 on: September 20, 2009, 06:25:17 AM »

Mine has also been almost 2 months...  They say it is on the way though, hopefully by the end of the month.  I don't get why some are taking so long, and some people are getting there's in less than two weeks!

probably depends on the dealership, unfortunately.

build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2009, 08:56:54 AM »

I imagine part of it is the color, some are more common than others.  Mine is Acid Yellow and was only on the S2R for '05...

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Paegelow

« Reply #137 on: September 21, 2009, 03:05:25 PM »

Well mine is gloss black.  Maybe that's kind of uncommon
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #138 on: September 21, 2009, 03:27:38 PM »

i dont even know what mine is. bike was orignally silver with black stripe. but its black now.

still havent gotten word from them.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
cduarte

« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2009, 11:44:01 AM »

Just got my replacement tank yesterday.  No one at the shop could tell me if I was covered if this happens again in another 2-3 years.  Regarding the new tank...WOW, I can't believe how much the old one had warped!!!!!  I have sooo much room at the tank latch/ignition now.   I also had to readjust my steering stops, crickey that thing was wacked!!!  I actually have a near normal turning radius now.   waytogo

Now I just need to replace my tank pad.

got my tank today, what a difference! Again, mine was significantly warped as well.

build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...
yotogi

« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2009, 12:29:54 PM »

Just signed up, haven't noticed anything TOO crazy with mine, but I suspect I am getting expansion.

Can one of the people who have received a new tank post a top down of your tank at the latch. I am looking to see just how far away from the ignition the tank is supposed to be.

TIA!

cduarte

« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2009, 01:48:27 PM »

here you go... note the boss on the right side of the ignition lock. On my bike prior to the tank being replaced, the tank was rubbing on the lock and it was almost impossible to unlatch the tank.

1d10t

« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2009, 02:51:17 PM »

Just filed mine with the NHTSA.  Pull down doesn't have 2006 S2R1000 listed so I filed it as a 2007 S2R1000.  I also subscribed to the Yahoo group.  I'll get the information to you shortly when I get home.

Funny thing was I noticed the tank's rubber feet didn't line up with the frame and I was having a difficult time getting the tank latch to hook up.  I thought I was going crazy.  Love my bike and I'd like to keep it for years.

Nekkid Tim

« Reply #143 on: September 23, 2009, 10:55:50 AM »

My complaint was filed with the NHTSA, my warranty claim was filed with Ducati, and yesterday I got the call that the new tank had arrived at the dealer.   Guess I'll have it installed.

Ducati DS1000SS track bike crashed 9/19/16, Ducati DS1000SS Roadster conversion street bike, 2000 Harley FXDX Super Glide Sport, 2006 Harley FLHXI Street Glide, 1967 Honda CL-90 Scrambler
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2009, 08:21:31 AM »

Update:

my top triple is now leaving a scratch on my tank in the full lock positon bang head bang head bang head

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
orenjimonster
I ride it like a Vespa

scoot scoot!

« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2009, 09:17:20 AM »

i just got my S2R and I can't wait to see what shape my tank turn into. the previous owner already had the tank replaced once...  coffee
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2009, 06:17:36 AM »

How do you guys get the tanks so quickly?

this is the email i receieved..
"Im sorry I havent been able to get back to you I've been out for a bit, unfortunately, the tank is still not in and its been over 2 months, everytime I process an availability for the tank it comes up as not available and will give a a backorder date, when I've contacted DNA they cannot give me a eta for the tank, I will stay on top of it for you and the minute I get any news I'll get back in contact with you."

I'm pretty sure they are just busting my balls from the get go...

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
rockaduc

« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2009, 03:15:15 PM »

They might be.  Although different dealers might have better or worse relationships w/ DNA.  That might have something to do w/ the expediancy of processing these claims.  I got my tank in 2 weeks; in August.  My dealer tried to give me the ol' "well its August, so don't expect this for atleast a month".  To which I replied, "Really?  I know for a fact that several people form the DMF have gotten their replacement tanks in 1-2 weeks this month (it was august). "
Needless to say, my tank arrived shortly thereafter.

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you.  If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.
scduc

« Reply #148 on: September 26, 2009, 05:01:48 PM »

They told me my tank would be in some time in November. That was 2 weeks ago. So much to my surprise when I get there, to pick her up after the 7500mile check-up, I see a  new tank on bike. Swwweeet. Then they tell me they are closing the doors for good at the end of Oct. I almost wanted to puke.  vomit This will be the second dealer in the past 10 years to close in my area. Well the first just stopped selling duc's.

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
cduarte

« Reply #149 on: September 26, 2009, 05:17:55 PM »

How do you guys get the tanks so quickly?

this is the email i receieved..

I'm pretty sure they are just busting my balls from the get go...

go to the dealership and be a squeaky wheel... actually, I took my bike up to a ducati shop I'd never been to before, showed them what was wrong with the tank, and they took very good care of me. I got my tank in 10 days.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: