Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 12:04:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666608 times)
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2009, 12:03:33 PM »

still waiting word back from ducati on my tank...

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2009, 12:30:22 PM »

Yeah I bet you want a new one especially now

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
DCXCV

« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2009, 01:12:37 PM »

Okay, so finally filed a report.  Oddly, they have 696 in the drop down for '07 when it wasn't offered, but not the 695.  Oh, well.

My local dealer, Renaissance Motorcycles, said they ought to have a new tank for me in about a month.

"I tend to ride faster when I can't see where I'm going. Everything works out better that way." -- Colin Edwards
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2009, 08:16:27 AM »

Yeah I bet you want a new one especially now

bang head i dont even care if its pink.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2009, 08:45:33 AM »

bang head i dont even care if its pink.

one in the pink, as long as it don't stink?

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
J.P.

« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2009, 10:17:27 AM »

Rode into work today- tank is so bad it's absurd.
BUT-
I'm reluctant to get a replacement. Wondering if I'd get denied a new improved version once our efforts to petition/ pressure Ducati into a permanent fix comes to fruition, claiming that I was already taken care of within the 5 year period.

In other words- has anyone got a warrenty statement on their replacement tank yet?

Thanks everyone!

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
Uncle Mofo

"Must Win Track Day" Uncle Mofo Racing 2007 S4RS

« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2009, 05:35:05 PM »

Still waiting on my replacement. Approximate delivery date 9/14/09

2007 red S4Rs
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2009, 05:59:03 PM »

Rode into work today- tank is so bad it's absurd.
BUT-
I'm reluctant to get a replacement. Wondering if I'd get denied a new improved version once our efforts to petition/ pressure Ducati into a permanent fix comes to fruition, claiming that I was already taken care of within the 5 year period.

In other words- has anyone got a warrenty statement on their replacement tank yet?

Thanks everyone!

at least one person i've communicated with has gotten a SECOND replacement.

my plan is to get a lifetime warranty on the replacement tank against expansion.  i don't know how likely that is, but it seems to me they have a manufacturing defect here and if they are just going to slap on the same kind of tank with the same kind of problem its not going to do anybody any good -- it just ends up delaying the same problem for another 2-3 years ( and in many cases, new owners )

They have to make it good.  if they sold a frame that broke and then replaced it with a frame that broke, you can bet they would have a lot more eyes on them. 

Make the NHTSA report and go ahead and get the replacement -- and make sure you're on my mailing list.  (see signup info in OP)

rockaduc

« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2009, 05:19:59 AM »

Just got my replacement tank yesterday.  No one at the shop could tell me if I was covered if this happens again in another 2-3 years.  Regarding the new tank...WOW, I can't believe how much the old one had warped!!!!!  I have sooo much room at the tank latch/ignition now.   I also had to readjust my steering stops, crickey that thing was wacked!!!  I actually have a near normal turning radius now.   waytogo

Now I just need to replace my tank pad.

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you.  If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.
J.P.

« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2009, 11:48:28 AM »

Just got my replacement tank yesterday.  No one at the shop could tell me if I was covered if this happens again in another 2-3 years.  Regarding the new tank...WOW, I can't believe how much the old one had warped!!!!!  I have sooo much room at the tank latch/ignition now.   I also had to readjust my steering stops, crickey that thing was wacked!!!  I actually have a near normal turning radius now.   waytogo

Guess that's what we're worried about- in 2-3 yrs., you'll be out of warrenty.

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
Nekkid Tim

« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2009, 12:30:06 PM »

Filed my report with the NHTSA today.  Interestingly enough, I noted another 2007 S4RS complaint about failed TPS sensors causing stalling.  I have already had my throttle bodies replaced TWICE on my bike for this very problem.  Looks like I'll be filing a second complaint after I get home and have access to my service records!

Oh, and it's been several weeks and I have not heard back from DucPond about my Warranty claim with Ducati.  <sigh>  Guess I'll have to call them and find out what's going on (or what's not going on, more likely.)

Word from Ducpond is that the warranty claim has been accepted by Ducati and a new tank will arrive on 9/14.

Ducati DS1000SS track bike crashed 9/19/16, Ducati DS1000SS Roadster conversion street bike, 2000 Harley FXDX Super Glide Sport, 2006 Harley FLHXI Street Glide, 1967 Honda CL-90 Scrambler
motolocopat

« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2009, 04:00:55 AM »

Are we talking about all non-metallic tanks here... such as the one on my 06 S2R1000?

I haven't noticed any problem with it as far as expansion or wavy sides...
Assuming this is on of the potentially affected bikes do I have to wait until there is a problem?
Doesn't seem right.
Once it has been identified as a problem I'd think that there should be a recall of all affected serial numbers... in a perfect world anyway.

So how about this non-perfect world, can I sign up as having one of the tanks that was built with a faulty process or do I have to wait until there is a problem?
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #117 on: September 06, 2009, 04:42:29 AM »

All plastic tanks on all monsters are suspect.

No recall yet.  Not enough ppl filing NHTSA reports

I've got about 60 ppl on my signup list but only about 15 have filed.

Not gonna get a recall with only 15 reports on 20 diff bikes (year and model)

csp808

« Reply #118 on: September 06, 2009, 11:51:28 AM »

Iz i sent a repot and emailed you the number if you need it thanks again for this  chug
ZOSO

« Reply #119 on: September 06, 2009, 12:14:51 PM »

Just e-mailed ducatiz to subscribe due to my ever-expanding tank .  .  .

There’s a lady who’s sure all that glitters is gold . . .
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: