Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 04:04:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666509 times)
m1moto

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 07:31:44 AM »

Thanks - just signed up

2006 S2R1K  |  Red + White  |  Full Carbon Arrows
http://freshbrand.com/
Barry Cuda

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 07:38:13 AM »

Wow this thread and the other one opened my eyes to my tank issues.  Always thought something was strange as the steering damper was touching a spot of the tank and making a little dent.  Thought it was just a badly designed mounting point but I had the guys at the shop bring down the one edge of the mounting point a little and it was fine now it's happening again.  Then I read about the dimples on the side and went outside and checked my bike and there they were.  *Pics Attached*   

On another note...  How can Ducati deny a warranty claim for cosmetic reasons.  If your tank starts to look like shit a couple of years down the road through no fault of your own isn't that a defect in craftsmanship?  Granted that warranty is only 2 years but who would continue buying bikes from them if they knew the tanks (one of the main focal points on the bike) were going to be screwed in a couple of years (probably after your standard warranty is up) and Ducati wouldn't fix the problem?

Sorry about the pic quality.  From my iPhone.  My G/F has our good camera in her purse.  You know how chix are with cameras.

SikDuc
07 S4Rs

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 05:27:38 PM »

Mine is getting replaced under the emissions warranty here in Las Vegas.  I think more will get replaced if the issue is pushed hard enough.  I'm one of the lucky ones so far.
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 06:10:39 PM »

Mine is getting replaced under the emissions warranty here in Las Vegas.  I think more will get replaced if the issue is pushed hard enough.  I'm one of the lucky ones so far.

get on the list anyhow..

i'll be making a letter to NHTSA as well, and they would want to know ALL instances of tank deformation/ defects.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
J.P.

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 09:11:00 AM »

Maybe not so lucky Sikduc- the replacements seem to do the same thing in time(hopefully w/in the 5 yr. emissions warrenty for you).

Hey Phineas: think we should all do the online complaint form on the NHTSA web site?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 10:02:21 AM by J.P. » Logged

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 09:14:16 AM »

Maybe not so lucky Sikduc- to replacements seem to do the same thing in time(hopefully w/in the 5 yr. emissions warrenty for you).

Hey Phineas: think we should all do the online complaint form on the NHTSA web site?

I'm preparing a form letter for everyone to use for that.  IF you want to go ahead and do it on your own, that's fine, but I want to make an iron-clad list of issues for them to look at.

Also, if you've not had your bike looked at, the ODI/NHTSA form isn't any good since they want to see if you've been rejected first.

So if you've not had your bike looked at by Ducati, then don't bother with the NHTSA yet.  Even if Ducati replaces the tank for you, then fill out the form and report that ti was replaced with the same tank, etc.

Right now just trying to get a good fat list of people to give Ducati notice that a lot of people are having the problem, that we're all aware we're not the only one, and please do something about it.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
J.P.

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 10:24:35 AM »

Cool- glad a smart guy is looking into this- I just make chemicals.
BTW- I got my dealers invoice from 2 months ago stating a rejection through DNA. I'll be glad to send it, along w/ pics of a non-operable tank latch, bars hitting, pimples...
Thanks- J.P.

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2009, 10:28:07 AM »

Cool- glad a smart guy is looking into this- I just make chemicals.
BTW- I got my dealers invoice from 2 months ago stating a rejection through DNA. I'll be glad to send it, along w/ pics of a non-operable tank latch, bars hitting, pimples...
Thanks- J.P.

just put it all in a safe place and make scans if you can. thanks

SikDuc
07 S4Rs

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2009, 11:03:44 AM »

Maybe not so lucky Sikduc- the replacements seem to do the same thing in time(hopefully w/in the 5 yr. emissions warrenty for you).

I hear ya.  But a new tank is better than no tank.  Let's see what happens.
J.P.

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2009, 01:34:40 PM »

I hear ya.  But a new tank is better than no tank.  Let's see what happens.

This is true. Just be sure to sign up for one that is alittle more permanent. Those of us stuck w/ sucky dealers would appreciate it!
Thanks. J.P.

ArcDeDucati

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 02:53:03 PM »

Signed up.  Just read this whole thread at work, got home and yup.  My titanium tank is warped by the latch. Bought the bike in March as a nos and have 5000 miles on it this year.  I told them to take the carbon can off before I picked it up too. I noticed that it was a little difficult last time I took it off but didn't thing anything of it as I just thought it was the fit of the tank and I am coming from a metal tanked monster previously that fit fine. 

I'm going to try out Gold Coast Motorsports here in Long Island and see if they can get me a new tank.  There service department is top notch and I buy so much crap from them that I'm sure they will help me out and prob know about the issue already.  Will let yall know what does down.

And thanks for the thread!  Let us unite and take on DNA as a forced to be reckoned with!

2007 Ducati S2R 800 - Totaled
2006 Triumph Thruxton - Sold
2007 Ducati S4R Testastretta
SikDuc
07 S4Rs

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 06:33:35 PM »

I am signing guys!  I agree with this whole process waytogo
J.P.

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2009, 09:23:11 AM »

Hey- has anyone tried to tell folks on TOB about the sign-up list?

NEVER MIND- DONE.

I know it has been mentioned on the Ducati.ms monster site.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 04:22:14 AM by J.P. » Logged

He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2009, 05:02:42 PM »

i just spent hte last 30 mins trying to lift my tank. damn thing is so freaking annoying. you have to use a screw driver to wedge the clip and then i had to take of the cover for the immobilizer sensor.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Uncle Mofo

"Must Win Track Day" Uncle Mofo Racing 2007 S4RS

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2009, 07:06:47 PM »

I pointed out the problem to the guys at Indianapolis Ducati last Saturday. Service manager took pics and measurments. Got a call today my tank will be replaced. 

2007 red S4Rs
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: