Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 16, 2024, 01:11:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 669546 times)
Duckintime

« Reply #375 on: March 04, 2010, 06:41:11 PM »

Woa, the 696 has tank problems? I thought that tank was concealed by side panels. How did you come to realize it had problems? Since its covered, and one wouldnt normally notice blemishes with that style, was it just not fitting right anymore?
lazarus7

« Reply #376 on: March 05, 2010, 03:37:04 PM »

when i took it in to the shop it was noticed
that there were fitment issues at the "gap" between the rear of the tank and the seat....
like the tank had swelled up TIGHT against the seat....
apparently this is a known issue as well since they immediately filed a warranty claim
and the new tank is already in the pipeline somewhere...
although its a "skin", the internal actual fuel bladder/ tank had swelled up against the skins enough
to push them waaaay back against the seat....

"...the greatest artists indulge in a 'culpable rivalry' with God."     Stanislas Fumet
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #377 on: March 05, 2010, 04:30:13 PM »

wow.. this is the first 696 i've heard with the problem

i wonder if any 1100s will show it...  ugh..

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Duckintime

« Reply #378 on: March 05, 2010, 08:21:26 PM »

Yeah, this isnt really good news to hear.
WetDuc
AKA iamhybris

« Reply #379 on: March 09, 2010, 07:16:59 PM »

If the new monsters are having tank problems as well, DNA is going to HAVE to do something, right?!  Some unlucky person is going to have a tank start leaking while riding then explode in flames if they don't, and given the shitstorm Toyota is going through over the gas pedal issues, I can't think Ducati is going to want to be put into the negative spotlight as well.  I hope this crap finds some kind of resolution soon.

2007 S2R1000, 2009 M696 & 2008 M695 (foster bikes)
lazarus7

« Reply #380 on: March 10, 2010, 06:24:27 PM »

just rode QSL tonight with matthew (sport 100 w termis)
and matt (s2r orange)
euro cycles was in attendance with their truck and assorted bikes, half the staff...

when we met at my house, i asked them if they had noticed their tanks expanding, they didnt know about it...
sure enough, matthew's sport 1000 has expanded all the way up against the ignition lock as well...
he states he noticed a YEAR ago that his bars were hitting the tank,
he went and adjusted his steering stops out until they no longer hit...
apparently didnt swell much since then, but there is an apparent point where the ignition cylinder has rubbed through the tank stripe...

jeff, service writer, euro cycles , was there tonight, discussed it with him out front,
he didnt even need to walk around back to look at matthews bike,
told him to call with the V.I.N and etc and hed get it taken care of...

"...the greatest artists indulge in a 'culpable rivalry' with God."     Stanislas Fumet
Mojo S2R
Wearing a cape offline so that others know I am a

. Dark Mojo .

« Reply #381 on: March 11, 2010, 06:39:32 AM »

Subscribed.  Thanks  waytogo

Nekkid Tim

« Reply #382 on: March 11, 2010, 03:44:47 PM »

We've got about the same number of NHTSA complaints filed about this obvious safety hazard as have been filed against Toyota for 2009 Camry Sudden Unintended Acceleration problems.   There are about 11ty billion times as many Camrys as there are Ducati Monsters and Sport Classics.

Where are OUR headlines and congressional hearings?Huh??    Evil

Ducati DS1000SS track bike crashed 9/19/16, Ducati DS1000SS Roadster conversion street bike, 2000 Harley FXDX Super Glide Sport, 2006 Harley FLHXI Street Glide, 1967 Honda CL-90 Scrambler
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #383 on: March 12, 2010, 03:44:14 AM »

Write/call NHTSA. 

NHTSA Headquarters
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
West Building
Washington, DC 20590

Toll-Free: 1-888-327-4236

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Heath

« Reply #384 on: March 12, 2010, 06:38:48 PM »

I hope what duccarlos said about the March tanks is right.  I left my bike at the dealership on January 23rd and all they keep saying is we are still waiting for the tank.  If new tanks are coming in March that makes me feel better.  They said my claim got approved but they are just waiting for a tank.  If my bike wasn't an hour away I would go pick it up while waiting but just so much hassle.

2007 Ducati Monster S4RT
2006 Ducati Monster S2R800 Dark [sold]
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #385 on: March 13, 2010, 10:50:44 AM »

They had told me March, but knowing the eyetalian, it will take another month or 2. I did not leave the bike at the dealer.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
monsterblur

« Reply #386 on: March 14, 2010, 03:37:34 AM »

just a thought but has anyone installed a heat shield material under the tank?
i know this is not a solution but it may help with future problems.
i'm also having problems.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #387 on: March 14, 2010, 06:15:23 AM »

just a thought but has anyone installed a heat shield material under the tank?
i know this is not a solution but it may help with future problems.
i'm also having problems.

the problem isn't related to heat.   if it were, there would be similar problems in Australia, Japan, Italy, UK, etc.. No one in any of those countries has reported an issue.

duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #388 on: March 15, 2010, 05:00:21 AM »

I spoke to the service guy that got the info from the regional service rep. I don't think they want to make it too public since the service guy got weirded out when I mentioned that I had posted it on a board. Of course the dealers don't want to deal with the hazzle of warranty work.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #389 on: March 15, 2010, 05:02:30 AM »

I spoke to the service guy that got the info from the regional service rep. I don't think they want to make it too public since the service guy got weirded out when I mentioned that I had posted it on a board. Of course the dealers don't want to deal with the hazzle of warranty work.
Why would a dealer not want to do the work?

They get paid at retail.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: