Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 09:20:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 191   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic Tank problems: Discussion thread, see info thread sticky for updates  (Read 666729 times)
vw151

« Reply #180 on: October 05, 2009, 11:11:17 AM »

God help me if you get your tank before I do. :/

Are you trying to get a tank through ducati indy?
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #181 on: October 05, 2009, 11:50:04 AM »

God help me if you get your tank before I do. :/

what color tank are you getting?  i've heard now that the silver/black and gloss black tanks are coming slow.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #182 on: October 05, 2009, 12:44:22 PM »

I dont know. They never told me what color i'm getting. alls i knows is, im authorized for a tank...so they say. I emailed him and asked him if he could get me another color like red.

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #183 on: October 05, 2009, 04:45:33 PM »

I dont know. They never told me what color i'm getting. alls i knows is, im authorized for a tank...so they say. I emailed him and asked him if he could get me another color like red.

From what I understand, yes, dealers were allowing ppl to get whatever color they wanted. 

Everyone should get something other than yellow, even if they have a yellow bike.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #184 on: October 05, 2009, 07:10:21 PM »

From what I understand, yes, dealers were allowing ppl to get whatever color they wanted. 

Everyone should get something other than yellow, even if they have a yellow bike.

so that means im not going to get the color i want? (until dec 31...im considering myself to still ahve bad luck lol)

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
vw151

« Reply #185 on: October 06, 2009, 03:42:33 AM »

I can wait, so long as my current tank keeps working. 
DCXCV

« Reply #186 on: October 06, 2009, 06:12:17 AM »

what color tank are you getting?  i've heard now that the silver/black and gloss black tanks are coming slow.

I got my gloss black in <30 days

"I tend to ride faster when I can't see where I'm going. Everything works out better that way." -- Colin Edwards
vw151

« Reply #187 on: October 06, 2009, 09:11:03 AM »

A friend showed me this place.  Not that I want to spend money on my own tank but it'd be nice if ducati just gave us aluminum tanks

http://www.moto-works.jp/beater/index.html#d9
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #188 on: October 06, 2009, 11:26:39 AM »

jizzzzzzzz

I LOVE aluminum tanks. oddly, ive dropped my bike twice and the aluminum never dented even with the handle bar smack right into it. Must of gotten lucky. But they are awesome tanks. wish i still had it.  Embarrassed

J.P.

« Reply #189 on: October 07, 2009, 07:44:05 AM »

I read that Al causes problems in an uncoated tank as well.

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #190 on: October 07, 2009, 09:13:35 AM »

I read that Al causes problems in an uncoated tank as well.

uncoated?  in what manner?

if it is properly anodized, it should be impervious to any solvents, including gasoline, ethanol, etc.

Nekkid Tim

« Reply #191 on: October 07, 2009, 09:25:33 AM »

A friend showed me this place.  Not that I want to spend money on my own tank but it'd be nice if ducati just gave us aluminum tanks

http://www.moto-works.jp/beater/index.html#d9

Thanks for the link.  I have an e-mail in to see if the fuel injected version of the tank fits the testastretta models or not.   I'd love to get one of these, have DucPainter paint it in oem colors and striping and lettering, and then put my oem replacement tank on the shelf until/if I sell the bike.   I honestly don't expect the oem replacement tanks to last any longer or perform any differently than the ones they are replacing.

Ducati DS1000SS track bike crashed 9/19/16, Ducati DS1000SS Roadster conversion street bike, 2000 Harley FXDX Super Glide Sport, 2006 Harley FLHXI Street Glide, 1967 Honda CL-90 Scrambler
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #192 on: October 07, 2009, 09:28:45 AM »

Thanks for the link.  I have an e-mail in to see if the fuel injected version of the tank fits the testastretta models or not.   I'd love to get one of these, have DucPainter paint it in oem colors and striping and lettering, and then put my oem replacement tank on the shelf until/if I sell the bike.   I honestly don't expect the oem replacement tanks to last any longer or perform any differently than the ones they are replacing.

that sounds cool.. maybe leave one stripe unpainted to show the metal underneath..

J.P.

« Reply #193 on: October 07, 2009, 11:18:21 AM »

or anodize the whole thing.
Got a kid in private school, so the last thing I'll be doing is forking over 2k+ for a new tank.  Sad
I hope the new ones are better- anybody heard of a replacement going bad yet?

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #194 on: October 07, 2009, 04:37:59 PM »

why would you buy an aluminum tank and paint over it? Sorry but its like getting a hot gf and covering her up while you hit that.

here was my RR Aluminum Tank polished and clear coated

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 191   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: