Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 20, 2024, 06:13:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ungeheuer 696 - featuring ceramic coated exhaust, speedymoto tallboys..  (Read 32621 times)
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

Often wrong. Never in doubt.

« on: June 08, 2009, 03:16:34 PM »

Since winter is now upon us, it's pull-it-apart, do-something-to-it and put-it-all-back-together season Down Under!

So.... I thought maybe I'd show how my 696 is coming along.....

The ungeheuer 696 story so far goes like this:
DP tail tidy. Red reflective rim stripes (bet you missed that one, eh  Wink). DP Touring seat. 14 tooth front sprocket. Rizoma Sportline billet grips. Rizoma bar-end weights. Rizoma Class Retro mirrors. Billet reservoir covers. Stebel Nautilus air horn (heard but not seen). Pazzo levers - long uns. Termis. Ozynobs frame and axle sliders. Black ceramic coated exhaust. Polished aluminium-look ceramic coated exhaust heat shield, headlight bezel and Termi hangers. Rizoma billet camshaft end caps. Bikini fairing and exhaust-can heat shields relocated to garage shelf.
Ordered..... but still Up There in the USA Roll Eyes:
SpeedyMoto Tall-boy clip-ons. SpeedyMoto top triple clamp. SpeedyMoto billet crankshaft end cap. Black-on-silver Termi decals.
Still to come:
Rear-sets (Rizoma $$$... Shocked or perhaps SpeedyMoto if they ever get around to it). Rizoma timing-belt covers.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 03:43:00 AM by ungeheuer » Logged

Ducati 1100S Monster Ducati 1260ST Multistrada + Moto Guzzi Griso 1200SE

Previously: Ducati1200SMultistradaDucatiMonster696DucatiSD900MotoMorini31/2
Travman

‘70 Guzzi, ‘73 Norton, ‘73 V7 Sport, ‘12 V7 Racer

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 03:48:54 PM »

Nice exhaust.  I like the black with a little bit of sheen.  Do you think it should stay like that or do you think it will go to flat black?
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 05:58:03 PM »

Nice exhaust.  I like the black with a little bit of sheen.  Do you think it should stay like that or do you think it will go to flat black?

Thanks!  Yeah I prefer the semi-gloss so I'm hoping it will retain that sheen.  Time will tell I guess....
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 09:11:55 PM by ungeheuer » Logged

monstermania

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 06:41:27 PM »

Looks great. How do you get your swingarm to look so dark black? Mine looks more gray.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 06:44:54 PM by monstermania » Logged
ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 09:09:55 PM »

Looks great. How do you get your swingarm to look so dark black? Mine looks more gray.

Nice that my addiction seems to draw positive remarks ...lol..  Thanks  chug.  I dont do anything to get my swingarm to look so dark black..... Maybe coz - going by your avitar - yours is a dark, with additional darkening by the look, that the original blackness of the swingarm doesnt appear so black in the context of the surrounding darkness?  Whereas mine isnt surrounded by so much black with which to compare how black it isnt?   Huh?.....um... I'm gonna stop now in case I begin to make sense... Wink
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 04:23:55 AM by ungeheuer » Logged

mrplease

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 09:20:21 PM »

question. i was planning on removing my pipes this last weekend but time got away from me. anyway before i get started how did you remove the direct pipes connecting to the temis? you know the bent one thats about 3-4 in long that connects directly to the termi cans...

ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 03:10:07 AM »

........before i get started how did you remove the direct pipes connecting to the temis? you know the bent one thats about 3-4 in long that connects directly to the termi cans...

Easy.  The elbow pipe that links your Termis to the main Y section is just a push fit.   

mrplease

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 11:26:46 AM »

sweet! thanks for the reply and the help!

Special K

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 01:55:43 PM »

Like the pipes and the Rizoma Class Retros.

Some of the 696 swingarms look a completely different color from say the aluminum rear seatframe. Seems like they should match like yours does. Mine doesn't match either. Looks very grey, not black at all.
DucinKtown

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 02:13:58 PM »

OK hold on here,....

WINTER< IE SNOW, I don't see any, wtf, that's not winter, that looks like summer.

You have your bike off the road because the grass has stopped growing?Huh?Huh?

OH, NICE Pictures Thanks..

Russ, from the great white north of Canada
mrplease

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 02:23:40 PM »

the newer 696's have a black swing arm vs. a gray one on the older models. the peg holders are also a bit different on the newer ones vs. the older ones. the older ones are a smoother silver color while the newer ones have a rougher kind of matte finish...

duclvr

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 04:02:27 PM »

Nice work!
mrplease

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 10:42:32 AM »

can you post a full side view of the bike with the clip ons? i also wanna see a pic of the clearance when fully turned!

ungeheuer
ɹǝʌO d∩ uıɐןɐɹʇsn∀
Local Moderator
Post Whore

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 04:41:12 AM »

Is there any wait longer than the wait for new bling to arrive?....lol.... Soooo... at long last here's my Speedymoto top-triple and tallboys.  As fitted the tallboys set my grip height around 37mm lower than stock, they could be set lower but I'm very happy with em at this height.  Took em for a 300km test outing today and am well pleased with the riding position and way the bike feels.  I'm actually quite surprised that it felt so much better..... not just the riding position but the bike seemed to steer more tightly....... I still think that I must be imagining this handling improvement.

The ungeheuer 696 story so far goes like this:
DP tail tidy. Red reflective rim stripes. DP Touring seat. 14 tooth front sprocket. Rizoma Sportline billet grips. Rizoma bar-end weights. Rizoma Class Retro mirrors. Billet reservoir covers. Stebel Nautilus air horn (heard but not seen). Pazzo levers - long uns. Termis. Ozynobs frame and axle sliders. Black ceramic coated exhaust. Polished aluminium-look ceramic coated exhaust heat shield, headlight bezel and Termi hangers. Rizoma billet camshaft end caps. SpeedyMoto Tall-boy clip-ons. SpeedyMoto top triple clamp. SpeedyMoto billet crankshaft end cap. Carbon fibre/silver Termi decals. Bikini fairing and exhaust-can heat shields relocated to garage shelf.
Still to come:
Rear-sets (Rizoma $$$... Shocked or perhaps SpeedyMoto if they ever get around to it). Rizoma timing-belt covers, rear brake reservoir and oil filler plug.

Next on the agenda is to lower the instrument binnacle to bring it in tighter to the new top-triple....  and those foot-peg hangers have got to go since they're now the only remaining textured grey item on the bike.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 03:46:20 AM by ungeheuer » Logged

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2009, 05:02:19 AM »

FINALLY!!  bow down  Looks damn good man.  drink 

09 M696
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: