Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 17, 2024, 07:13:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bay Area Road Reports  (Read 73986 times)
B.Rock

« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2011, 08:54:45 AM »

Cummings Skyway and Crockett Blvd in Contra Costa are getting repaved 10/21 to 10/31. Probably chip seal, mind the gravel.

Cali - where I lay my Mac down.
Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2012, 06:15:17 AM »

It is now raining. That is all.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room
Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2012, 07:54:04 AM »

There are deer. Everywhere.  Shocked
Otherwise, it rocks! Go ride.

MendoDave
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2012, 07:24:54 AM »

Highway 20 on 7 mile hill (just east of willits)

Resurfaced and man is it smooth! No bumps at all and you can lean it over till the foot pegs scrape.

Better get on this before it starts raining or caltrans decides to dig up the pavement and patch it all up.
Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2012, 11:24:28 AM »

If gravel is your thing. If you just get enough sliding out in the curves, this is your chance to ride Skyline BLVD. crapped out with gravel under construction from 92 to 84.
  boo

However I really hope you are riding today somewhere else because today is magical.
 waytogo
 Dolph

MendoDave
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2012, 11:28:09 AM »

I cant even get my bike to start.
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2012, 04:09:58 PM »

If gravel is your thing. If you just get enough sliding out in the curves, this is your chance to ride Skyline BLVD. crapped out with gravel under construction from 92 to 84.
  boo

However I really hope you are riding today somewhere else because today is magical.
 waytogo
 Dolph

I think it continues south past 84....

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2013, 11:38:07 PM »

I think it continues south past 84....

It still sucks but its rideable. Big patches of gravel still here and there. Watch it.

MendoDave
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2013, 06:49:54 AM »

Not quite the road report but more of a ride report. The road (Mendocino county Hwy 1) was wet in a few spots but mostly OK. Two mior traffic delays, ie Red stop lights at road construction sites, they are rebuilding a bridge at Irish beach and a road realignment abot 10 miles north.

I've been down in Mendo the last few days. Yesterday an old riding buddy lent me his 900 Super Sport to go for a ride down to Pt Arena. Three of us rode down there together, Mitch and Tommy both rode Cagiva Grand Canyons (which also have the Ducati 900 2V engine but with 750 heads). We paid a visit to Dave @ The Zen House
(Who also owns a Cagiva grand canyon) and talked bikes.

He has an old 125 Moto Guzzi in there and an old Triumph that we were looking at. After that we rode back up to Mendocino. The Super Sport is pretty fast on a public road. I miss shifted about a dozen times though because Mitch has all of his bikes set up for GP shifting, so I had to think about what I was doing.

When we Arrived at Pattersons Pub for lunch, a guy came up to us and asked if something was broken. He had tools in his truck and was willing to fix the Dry clutch on the spot.  Grin I showed him the open clutch and he was mesmerized.

Next time Mitch says I should ride either the Paul Smart or the 996. I gave that some thought as I rode home on the old K100
I think I may keep the monster down here and get something else to ride up in Klamath Falls. My thoughts have been on the soon to be released Hyper Strada but that Grand canyon is exactly the sort of thing I've been looking for so I may look for one of those instead.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 07:44:00 AM by Mendo Dave » Logged
velocess

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2015, 08:44:15 AM »

The weather can't be better.

Last weekend did a loop from Santa Cruz to Los Gatos, Morgan Hill, over Hecker Pass to Moss Landing for lunch.  Group included a Hypermotard, 999R, 749, BMW GS and a 997 Carrera.

Roads are clear and clean with traffic at a minimum as we are outside of tourist season.  Still some damp/shaded sections on the leeward side of Hecker Pass but easily identifiable. 

Great time to get out and ride.

MendoDave
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2015, 08:54:41 AM »

The weather can't be better.

Last weekend did a loop from Santa Cruz to Los Gatos, Morgan Hill, over Hecker Pass to Moss Landing for lunch.  Group included a Hypermotard, 999R, 749, BMW GS and a 997 Carrera.

Roads are clear and clean with traffic at a minimum as we are outside of tourist season.  Still some damp/shaded sections on the leeward side of Hecker Pass but easily identifiable. 

Great time to get out and ride.

Fixed.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: