Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 08:02:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bay Area Road Reports  (Read 74237 times)
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2009, 12:50:54 PM »

Pescadero Rd
North after the township has multiple construction zones that continue all the way to Alice's @ Skyline. They are cutting trenches across the road in several spots. Both directions move into single lanes in several spots.
Expect to stop

Later expect to find post construction 'speed bumps.'

Are you referring to our newly installed hurdle course between Loma Mar and Pescadero? cheeky

(no, it's really not that bad)

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2009, 09:18:40 AM »

Please tell us when they're done. I needs my Pescadero Loop.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2009, 12:42:30 PM »

I haven't seen any work being done on Pescadero in a while, just the little bumps they left behind.  84 east of Skyline seems to be done too.  There's just the little bit with the traffic light left on 84 west of Skyline (between Old La Honda and 35).

Edit 10/26/09:

The traffic light was turned off and both lanes opened today. waytogo  

There's still some crud on the road in that corner, so just be cautious.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 09:44:47 PM by somegirl » Logged

somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2009, 06:17:05 PM »

Highway 84, heading east from La Honda, about the 3rd or 4th left-hander after leaving town, there is a spot where there is always water running across the road.

In the last few days that spot has become deceptively slippery...my car with dynamic traction control slipped on it yesterday and today, and I wasn't even pushing it.  I think there must be a bit patch of moss growing.

It's not nearly as bad going the other direction.

Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2009, 07:46:43 AM »

There was snow in the mountains this morning.

Wtf?

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2009, 05:58:59 PM »

There is now moss, perpetual wet, and quite a bit of gravel in the corners on western parts of 84 and Pescadero.

Riding out here should probably be avoided.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
Michael Moore
Testa di cazzo
WebGeeK

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2009, 06:07:49 PM »

I hate moss.

There are occasional patches in the centerline in parts of west Marin. Keep sharp!

La nuova moto e il vecchio motociclista :: 2000 Monster 900 (il vecchio) :: 2008 Vespa GTS (doppio) :: 2010 Streetfighter S ("il PastaBusa")

johnc

vīdī, vīcī, vēnī

« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2009, 06:20:30 PM »

I hate moss.

hey ... dave has some pretty good suspension tricks in his bag o' tricks ... pretty harsh of you to "hate" him  Cry

somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2010, 05:20:35 PM »

Lots of roadwork on Laguna Honda Blvd in SF, basically between Clarendon and the Woodside/Dewey intersection.

In places the surface is really broken up. Tongue  Be careful, especially at night.

Michael Moore
Testa di cazzo
WebGeeK

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2010, 03:47:50 PM »

Hey gang, what with the likely break in the weather tomorrow some of you may be doing the Marin loop. I just got back from a quick Stinson loop and you're better off taking the coast. Tam has the usual water running across the road in the normal places, some gravel, a bit of mud in one corner, and a bunch of tree bark and other crapola on the centerline.  The coast route is much cleaner and more likely to be dry - there are still a couple of places with running water, and a bit of gravel, but nothing really annoying.

BTW, I had the traction control on the "Big Pussy" setting and the thing was flashing like the self-destruct sequence in Star Trek.  I'm still not sure if that's good, or just a big distraction, but hey, I didn't crash.  Grin

La nuova moto e il vecchio motociclista :: 2000 Monster 900 (il vecchio) :: 2008 Vespa GTS (doppio) :: 2010 Streetfighter S ("il PastaBusa")

Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2010, 04:29:36 PM »

There is snow and ice on skyline. Enough to actually accumulate. There is so much debris on Pescadero one cannot verify pavement still exists. I'd avoid riding out here.

somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2010, 05:24:29 PM »

Highway 84, heading east from La Honda, about the 3rd or 4th left-hander after leaving town, there is a spot where there is always water running across the road.

In the last few days that spot has become deceptively slippery...my car with dynamic traction control slipped on it yesterday and today, and I wasn't even pushing it.  I think there must be a bit patch of moss growing.

It's not nearly as bad going the other direction.

This same corner is now coated with mud and is extremely slick, even for the XCountry.

Desmostro

alis volat propriis

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2010, 10:37:25 AM »

Napa /Sonoma  2/15/10

Most back-road twisties have fresh green grass growing in the cracks and crevasses with a thin layer of dried mud over everything.

Watch out gang!

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room
victor441

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2010, 04:28:13 PM »

Napa /Sonoma  2/15/10

Most back-road twisties have fresh green grass growing in the cracks and crevasses with a thin layer of dried mud over everything.

Watch out gang!

all that and also some slimy green moss out on the edges on the shadier roads (like St. Helena RD)...
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2010, 04:02:01 PM »

84 is nice and clear now. Dry too. Just past La Honda as one approaches Pescadero Creek Road, they are doing some lane work-the road now curves differently, so take it a bit slower'n normal.

Pescadero Creek Road is wet and green with moss, and still very slippery. Overall, Peninsula looks rider friendly again, though it is still cold.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: