Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 10:33:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monthly Ducati Ride  (Read 107304 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #615 on: September 14, 2011, 03:23:06 PM »

idk if i'm ready for quick stuff just yet...

the only one of the current regulars that you could call quick is Mad Duck and it appears that he is out of town... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
teddy037.3
« Reply #616 on: September 14, 2011, 04:21:14 PM »

the only one of the current regulars that you could call quick is Mad Duck and it appears that he is out of town... Grin

well, we'll see how the weekend looks, I suppose.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #617 on: September 14, 2011, 06:33:17 PM »

well, we'll see how the weekend looks, I suppose.

no pressure...if you come out and we're a bit faster, we'll pull over and wait on you like MD does for us... Grin

teddy037.3
« Reply #618 on: September 14, 2011, 10:51:16 PM »

that's... comforting...
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #619 on: September 15, 2011, 10:35:07 PM »

no pressure...if you come out and we're a bit faster, we'll pull over and wait on you like MD does for us... Grin

More accurately, they stop and wait for me  ;-)  I feel bad for it, but I always appreciate it.  They are a great group to ride with and always lookforward to the Sunday ride (when I'm able to make it).

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #620 on: September 16, 2011, 07:24:08 AM »

Yeah, we're talking this Sunday's JJ ride...what's up with the Matrix?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 08:19:10 AM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #621 on: September 16, 2011, 06:20:36 PM »

Nothing really, I just like to take it apart. 

laughingdp

you = victim.

Grin

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #622 on: September 17, 2011, 10:33:00 AM »

No worries.   DKWG is more than likely referring to the tendency of most Ducati riders to be continually fussing with things. Not that you are a victim in any negative sense but rather just another somewhat innocent rider that falls prey to "the need to modify, for whatever reason".  Remember that he had a 996 at one time and knows full well the need to keep after these things so that they can be decently used on the streets.

I can fully understand the cooling fans project.  Again I would say "trust me" about the usefulness of running a manual switch to turn those fans on & off but I also know that you will also get it working as good as you can too.  waytogo

Apart from that, your Monster is not what I would call slow either.  Dolph
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 10:34:33 AM by MadDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.3
« Reply #623 on: September 17, 2011, 10:52:27 AM »

Apart from that, your Monster is not what I would call slow either.  Dolph

dude.

did you see the matrix?  I think that bike can do cartwheels, jump buildings, and all sorts of crazy shit.... regular earth monsters, even the 4Vs, are pretty dang lame.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #624 on: September 17, 2011, 11:11:54 AM »

Of course I've seen the Matrix, and I've had a few very close up views of this particular Matrix.   Grin  Saying the 4v Monster is not slow doesn't take anything away from the 998. I wouldn't even come close to characterizing the 4V Monster as being lame. Prior to the release of the 1098/1198 & the Streetfighter I used to say that a Monster S4Rs (?) was the perfect compromise bike.

I've got five minutes left on this computer in a Colorado Springs library.  See ya all next week!   Dolph

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #625 on: September 17, 2011, 02:55:36 PM »

Huh?  I've been called worse but in this case I must be a "hapless victim" because I realty don't know what the make the beast with two backs your talking about.

Ducati makes it, I make it better.  Problem?

No worries.   DKWG is more than likely referring to the tendency of most Ducati riders to be continually fussing with things. Not that you are a victim in any negative sense but rather just another somewhat innocent rider that falls prey to "the need to modify, for whatever reason".  Remember that he had a 996 at one time and knows full well the need to keep after these things so that they can be decently used on the streets.

Ding ding, Rick hit the nail on the head. 

By the way, did you just give up caffeine or something?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #626 on: September 18, 2011, 11:48:55 PM »

Lighten up, it's nothing personal. We're all victims in this game, me just as much as anyone. As Rick mentioned earlier, I'm not new at this either and am quite versed at having to throw effort/money/time at high-zoot toys in order to make them work better/right.

teddy037.3
« Reply #627 on: September 19, 2011, 08:15:19 AM »

Teddy, That was the 996 Matrix.  My 998 isn't licensed for that kind of stuff.

bah. lame. so it probably can't replicate itself eleventy billion times for an epic boss fight, either, eh?

does it at least know kung fu?
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #628 on: January 04, 2012, 07:51:27 PM »

Is this coming Sunday the Monthly Ducati Ride?... Roll Eyes

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #629 on: January 05, 2012, 08:20:22 AM »

Is this coming Sunday the Monthly Ducati Ride?... Roll Eyes

Somehow I think not.  Unless there is a mass e-mail or text message sent it will just be the usual suspects. I have been thinking about organizing a big ride about a month or two from now.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: