Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 16, 2024, 02:19:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to install LED Instrument Cluster Lights  (Read 24558 times)
liveinexia

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2014, 01:17:17 PM »

Thanks Filter this was a great mod! 

I have an 01 monster 600 i wondered if the indicator lights would work with a smaller led wedge bulb and sure enough it worked on three of the indicators.  oddly the turn signal light will only blink on right or left only depending on how you have the bulb turned.  so place the bulb in and it will blink with the right signal on but does not illuminate with the left signal on, take the bulb out and turn it a half turn and replace it and it blinks with the left signal on and not the right.  i dunno maybe something to do with the transistor in the led.  i used the old bulb.  my reason to replace them was that i couldn't really see the indicators during full sunlight.  well it has been raining so i haven't had them in full sunlight yet but they are at least five times brighter when compared to the old bulb i have in the turn indicator.  it may be so bright that you cannot see emblem painted on the colored plastic but that is ok by me.  be sure to get the white because the plastic is tinted different colors not the bulbs. 

i got 4x 74 LED Bulb - 1 LED Wedge Base in white
Part Number: 74-W   "w" equals white
UPC: 847781010589

if you figure out how to get the turn signals working please post
Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2014, 07:04:28 PM »

Results for red in my 2001 S4 dash;

I used the same #194 bulbs the OP did from Superbrightleds.com as well.

"while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." -Debs
Radracer6

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2014, 12:02:38 PM »

NIce! I went with red as well, thanks for the writeup

Rudemouthsky
Autonomous red and black

No gods and no masters

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2014, 01:54:37 PM »

Cleaning up that rear end makes a helluva difference eh?! Besides the tail chop I really never could abide by that awful hugger.

"while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." -Debs
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: