Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 03:46:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Mexico's mods and help thread...  (Read 57793 times)
kingbaby

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 04:08:01 PM »

Pepsi Throwback  waytogo

I can see the new add now   " Pepsi, the new Port "   AAAAAAHH

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
Underblog

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 04:40:44 PM »

Funny y'all are talking about this: I just dropped some serious coin at DesmoTimes for a bunch of shims and tools for valve adjusts / belt changes. With 2 4-valvers in the stable, I was gonna pay the piper one way or the other. I am glad to allow others the use of tools, though I think the stuff is relevant only to the 4-valve adjustments and belt changes.

2003 ST4s; 1991 851 Superbike; 1985 750 F1; 1973 Benelli 250 SS; 1980 Morini 500 Sport; 1967 Honda Trail 90; 1955 Maicoletta 250
Ratfink749
Peanuts may cause swelling of your

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 04:50:04 PM »

Cloner raises hand.  I need to fit the starter lever to the Aermacchi, then redesign the footpeg brackets and weld on some new ones.  You volunteerin' to assist?  I need to finish the wiring harness, too, but I haven't yet selected a headlight or location for said light, either.  I also need to move the fairing back 12 or 18 mm to clear the fork tubes better and maybe build a new steering stop bracket.  Wanna look at it some night?

I have no problems taking a look.  If it looks like something I can handle I'll be more than happy to assist. I'm all for building and modifying things. Let me know when you'd like to and we can schedule a time. 

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 05:39:12 PM »

I hate going over to Moto Content some times to ask for help.. 

We should plan a Garage Day to offer help if needed..  It sounded fun to me..  I know we had one back in Oregon and it was a blast..

Here is my latest Mod.. Thanks too Skinners 2 cents.. Smiley chug
Nice mod and thanks for coming up with the idea for this thread.
I'm game and willing to contribute applause
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 08:34:36 PM »

Funny y'all are talking about this: I just dropped some serious coin at DesmoTimes for a bunch of shims and tools for valve adjusts / belt changes. With 2 4-valvers in the stable, I was gonna pay the piper one way or the other. I am glad to allow others the use of tools, though I think the stuff is relevant only to the 4-valve adjustments and belt changes.
Bonfy and I just went in halfsies on an assorted shim set as well for two valvers, figuring at some point we will prolly need them. + we figured we could replenish them as they were used thereby assuring we have the right size before the engine is apart.

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
Goduc

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 11:58:57 PM »

Or, if you feel adventurous, leave your bike with scottish, ratfink & myself, go up, grab a drink, aaaaand we'll let you know when your "mods " are done.

lolololol  Pure win!!!  That sounds like a nightmare to me...

by the way King, I got that broken bolt taken care of yesterday and I will finish my video camera mount tomorrow.  Should be SWEET!!!

07' Ducati Monster S4R - Ducati Performance Corse Slipper Clutch w/ Aluminum Pressure Plate, Open Clutch Cover, Nichols Lightweight Flywheel, Pazzo Levers, Speedy Moto Top Triple, Vortex Clip-Ons, Sato Rear Sets, Lowered Gauges, Dual Headlights, and Integrated LED Tail Light.
kingbaby

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009, 06:03:57 AM »

lolololol  Pure win!!!  That sounds like a nightmare to me...

by the way King, I got that broken bolt taken care of yesterday and I will finish my video camera mount tomorrow.  Should be SWEET!!!

Thats great !   Can't wait to see the camera mount.

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
Ratfink749
Peanuts may cause swelling of your

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 06:18:45 AM »

Parts are on order.. Once theyre in I'm going to attempt building a GP style Hi/Low exhaust for my bike.. the uhh "muffers" will be 7" long resonators.. so I'm sure it'll be louder than crap..  Not sure how it'll come out yet.. but I'm sure excited to try.. so we'll see what happens! FWIW Its gonna have to sound and perform pretty well before I chop a hole in my lower fairing for the pipe to come out of..  chug

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 06:24:51 AM »

DDGM is MIA, and, we haven't seen your version of "mass distruction" yet.  But there's always room for another Stooge.   chug  chug

ah the days of beer and building a bike stand with wood...that is the shit now  chug

this sounds all fun, a garage today i could totally benefit from since im mechanically inclined  laughingdp

so many mods to do and so little time

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
The Plumber
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2009, 05:14:34 AM »

I would love to sit and watch a valve job.. Smiley  Kiss  That sounds sexy ... (valve job)

Let me know when and where...   I still have 1000 miles until I have to check mine.. Smiley

ducducgooseme

Same ole DesmoDevil, in a more gentle package

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2009, 05:26:13 AM »

Oh SURE...I move away to a far away land and NOW you do this...
  Angry
I knew I should have worn deodorant more often   Grin

If you love your bike, set it free.
If it comes back to you, you've
probably high-sided.
The Plumber
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2009, 05:42:34 AM »

That still wouldn't have kept me away... I lived with mother for a couple years.. Smiley applause popcorn laughingdp
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2009, 06:08:09 PM »

Hey THP,
I'll be checking into metal edging primers for high temp applications which would
promote adhesion of the engine enamel to your exhaust and prevent it from chipping
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 07:28:23 AM »

Oh SURE...I move away to a far away land and NOW you do this...
  Angry
I knew I should have worn deodorant more often   Grin

its our plot to get u back  Grin is it working?!?!

who doesnt love ur nat-u-ral scent big boy...nothing like the threat of a sweaty arm pit head lock to bring us closer together  laughingdp

so i was thinking i wana try and set up my suspension to my weight..i know i can just go to pjs and do it for 35 buckos...but what fun would that be...a learning experience, anyone wana help me.....<cough><cough> kingbaby  Grin bow down
and teach me the way oh wise ben kenobi  Cool

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Underblog

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009, 07:48:56 AM »

Don't mean to butt in here, but setting the sag is dang easy. The main difficulty is gathering enough hands to hold up the bike with you on it and take the measurements. Compression and rebound dampening you can tweak to your own preference.

2003 ST4s; 1991 851 Superbike; 1985 750 F1; 1973 Benelli 250 SS; 1980 Morini 500 Sport; 1967 Honda Trail 90; 1955 Maicoletta 250
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: