Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 04:03:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: StreetFighter snapshots (8)  (Read 8730 times)
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 07:50:01 AM »

I like this bike much better than the S4*. I agree that it will require some modding, but who really keeps even their Monsters fully stock. I think they did a pretty good job with the radiator, espcially when you look at the oversized radiator on the S4's. I like that they designed a separated liquid cooled bike. It's what they should have done from the beginning. It does look like the Brutale, so headlight would be one of the first mods.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
zvezdah1

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2009, 11:06:27 AM »

It's my understanding the clutch cover is magnesium and slightly deeper to allow for the addition of sound deadening material!

Chris
KTMCHEESE

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2009, 01:01:21 PM »

I'm glad I bought my Superduke R... waytogo

silentbob
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2009, 07:28:41 PM »

My version looks better.

red baron

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 09:57:24 PM »

I've decided I like the forks and front brakes. waytogo

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
flynbulldog

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2009, 06:28:42 AM »

You people have no vision - "it needs a round tank" or "paint stuff black" or "whats up with that headlight".  Cry
Time marches on and you people stay behind. Try having an open mind or maybe even a look to the future, or at least a look at progress...
This new bike is sweet - you people just don't have the vision to accept it  laughingdp

« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 06:30:13 AM by flynbulldog » Logged
Drunken Monkey
Scooter-Trash
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2009, 06:33:31 AM »

^ Says the guy with the picture of a classic bike for his avatar  Grin

Jury is still out for me, but it's got potential. In fact I see more potential in this bike than I do with the newer monsters.

I own several motorcycles. I have owned lots of motorcycles. And have bolted and/or modified lots of crap to said motorcycles...
duccarlos
Local Moderator

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2009, 07:46:42 AM »

Jury is still out for me, but it's got potential. In fact I see more potential in this bike than I do with the newer monsters.

+1

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
flynbulldog

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2009, 09:20:55 AM »

Hey, have a little diversity friend, I didn't say I didn't like classic bikes - I do!

But one can still accept the future, embrace progress,
 and appreciate the SF for what it is... I love it.
I also think the new monster makes the old monsters look very very dated. ( but I still love those bikes too.)
MAXdB

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2009, 05:02:43 PM »

I always thought the monsters were supposed to look old/vintage-y.. that's why I bought mine--cuz it's a classic looking bike (look that never get's dated IMO) with a snarling engine! I guess thats why I never got the new monsters.. they don't have the classic look anymore.

But the streetfighter, on the other hand, is SUPPOSED to look futuristic and different. It does that to the T.. and whenever you introduce something radically different than what people are expecting, there's mixed reactions.
Craig Thomas

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2009, 05:16:45 PM »

^

Funny thing, I bought the 696 because it looks different than all the previous models.  drink

I'll have to see the Streetfighter in person before drawing a final looks conclusion.  It's out of my price range anyways.

Drunken Monkey
Scooter-Trash
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2009, 05:32:56 PM »

Hey, have a little diversity friend, I didn't say I didn't like classic bikes - I do!

I was just yanking your chain, hence the " Grin"

It's odd, but what really attracted me to the monster in the first place... was not exactly it's blandness, but that there was a lot of room to do more.

A blank canvas, it you will.

I'm not seeing that as much with the new bikes. Since they come a bit more "styled" there's more personality, and therefore more effort will be involved in changing them to something different.

I own several motorcycles. I have owned lots of motorcycles. And have bolted and/or modified lots of crap to said motorcycles...
cutter

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2009, 07:59:29 PM »

The SF is not for me. In 10-15 years that will look horrible and 'out of style'- its all over the place. In 10-15 years your average monster/916/1048/and even 999
(maybe) will(is) still be timelessly good looking.
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2009, 08:21:27 PM »

2010 Ducati Streetfighter Motorcycle Crash

oops

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
factorPlayer

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 05:13:50 PM »

So how much kronor is that mofo?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: