Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 23, 2024, 09:48:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: StreetFighter snapshots (8)  (Read 8847 times)
scduc

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2009, 02:53:38 PM »

Tank and headlight bother me the most from what I can tell so far.
I'll give ya the headlight, but that tank is 100% Ducati beautiful

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 02:54:02 PM »

Stu needs to alter one Wink

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
MsTek
I'm self explanitory.

Vroom, vroom, baby.

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 04:09:17 PM »

I saw one today as it was being uncrated and I have to say that I REALLY like this thing.  Over all the bike looks very nice.  I noticed the radiator covers as well and they look cheap considering all the Carbon on the S.  After sitting on the bike I fell in love with it as it feels very nice, but it is quite tall.  This is not really a concern for me beign 6'2", but others may need taller shoes.  A few other things that I liked about the bike are the SMALL switch controls, the tank design, and that fact that it fits like a glove.

Which means I'll never get to own one.. I'm only 5'3".  I actually was looking at a Sport Classic first but it was just way too tall for me. =(

"Do something each day that scares you..."

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 04:17:41 PM »

It looks really nice but too "busy" for me.

09 M696
dezoe
·······························

S2R 1000 2008 red

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 12:46:22 AM »

I still hate the fairing attempt and the head light looks weird and unDucati'sh.
Red isn't an obvious choice, black looks a lot meaner. (before modding)

Thanks for taking the time and write + post all these pictures  waytogo I hope you are having a great 17. mai (norweigian national holliday).. and congrats for the win in Eurovision (If you care about these things..)  Roll Eyes
I agree with PizzaMonster, this has the potential to look like a 'real' (classic) monster - but there would take some heavy moding..
I'd like to see it with a clssic round monster head light for starters

S2R 1000 2008 red - Arrow Ti slip-on, FatDuc, tail chop, cheap led indicators     620ie 2004 red *sold*

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!  - Homer Simpson 
timmer357

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 02:33:34 AM »

vomit
psycledelic

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 04:46:51 AM »

it just doesnt flow

Maybe not sitting still, but I bet it would flow nicely through the curves. And, with 150hp, the straights too.  More bike then I would ever need. 

06 S2R800 - the wife                         Dolph
04 999s - the mistress
pitbull

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 04:57:01 AM »

It looks really nice but too "busy" for me.

my GF said the exact same thing when I showed her the pics and I agree. It's quite nice, but not my thing as far as looks go.  However, I would like to ride the wheels off one for a few days. Evil

01 monster 900ie cromo, 01 ST4
zvezdah1

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 05:43:37 AM »

Yep an air cooled bike would be much easier to make clean the 4 valves with rads and piping, just can't neaten it up, I'm worried about where the charcoal cannister will go on US bikes, on the hypermotar it's sticking out of the side and looks awful.

Chris
scduc

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 06:15:25 AM »

Seems to me that alot of people are compareing this to the monster. Fact is that it is a totally different bike. Take the lower fairing and black it out and shorten up the headlight cowl and I think the bike rocks. Price tag is a little out of my league and I'm sure the insurance would not be pleasant, but if money where no object, I would definately have one in my garage.

08' S2R 1K   That was close  damn near lost a $400 hand cart.
peanut_man

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 07:58:59 AM »

Not my cup of tea.  I'd rather go for M1100S or 848 ways.  But hey, to each his(her) own. 

Maybe someone will do some seriously nice mod to make it looks good.  Then we'll talk.  Smiley

2005 Buell XB12S | 2006 Honda CBR 600RR | 2005 Ducati Multistrada 1000DS | 2009 Ducati Monster 696+
FastAndLight

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2009, 08:15:36 AM »

When I first saw it, I thought it looked pretty awesome.  Then I looked at it more and changed my mind.  Now I'm back to thinking it could look good, but with a bit of work.

I don't understand why Ducati continues to insist on cluttering up the rear wheel of the single sided swingarm bikes.  Give that thing an under tail exhaust and you will clean up the rear end significantly.  Maybe it is just me, but when you only have a SSS back there, I think it looks best if the exhaust is up and out of the way to show off that rear wheel.
zvezdah1

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2009, 11:15:48 AM »

But the battery location under the seat makes an underseat exhaust hard to do. I've seen some photochops of shorty exhausts which looks pretty good. I think if they were smaller size as on the brutale it wouldn't be so bad. As big as these exhausts are I'm assuming you have to take them off to get the wheel off. On the brute, you just undo a couple bolts and pivot it up.

Chris
Chococat
"Hi"

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2009, 07:32:50 AM »

They should have called this the new Monster S4 something.

I've been reading reviews and it seems that this bike is a bit of a spork. Not quite an urban street bike like the monster and hypermotard and not quite a superbike like the 848 and 1198. It looks great though. I can't wait to read what some people here think about it.
Monster Dave

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2009, 07:36:22 AM »

You know, lots of people seem to not like the headlight, and personally I'm not a fan of the Brutale headlight, but this one is far more angular and sharp looking. I like it. It gives the bike an aggressive look.

For anyone who's been wondering, it sounds unimpressive for the look that the exhaust imposes on you - sounds just like a 1098.

It really needs an open clutch, exhaust, tail chop, mirrors off and a black frame,...then it would look perfect.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: