Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 09:33:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets do a tech day in Illinois.  (Read 1010 times)
eichh

« on: May 28, 2009, 04:30:02 AM »

Well speedevil and I have discussed trying to get a tech day together for folks in the Illinois area. I'm willing to host it in Minooka and if there is a scheduling conflict he said he could do it (Plano area) or if someone else has a dealership or something and would like to throw their hat in the ring feel free. What we would like to do is have someone or multiple people demonstrate how to service Ducatis at home from chain replacement, dismantling a tank to change filters, checking and adjusting valves to oil changes. I really would like to watch someone do a valve job in person and some folks may be leary of changing their own oil. Watching demos on the computer are fine to a point but if you are really nervous about doing something that may be catastrophic if done wrong you just cant beat seeing it live. Call it a meeting of the minds. What do you guys/gals think?
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 08:58:02 AM »

Wish i lived there.  I sure could use the lessons. 

620M 2004 Dark i.e.; ~ 57K miles (all me);  Looking to swap out engine now.
Triumph Speed Triple 2006 (now ~ 44K miles bought @ 4K miles on 04/2010)
Honda Grom 2015 ~ 3500miles so far.  Love this lil bike
Goat_Herder

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 09:03:06 AM »

Wish i lived there.  I sure could use the lessons. 

+1.  I can do the chains and oil change.  but when it comes to valve adjustment, I am clueless.  Instruction and video found online do not give me enough confidence to go for it.

Goat Herder (Tony)
2003 Ducati Monster 620 - Yellow SOLD
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Black KILLED
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Red
Jarvicious
The guy in my avatar wants your

Balls

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 09:29:39 AM »

Maybe if I still lived with my parents Smiley.  I'm a good six hours away from you folks now.  If you make it on a Saturday I may be able to swing it though.  Sounds like a good idea. 

We're liberated by the hearts that imprison us.  We're taken hostage by the ones that we break.
speedevil

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 12:08:20 PM »

If we could line up someone to change coolant on a 4-valve, check/adjust the valves on a 2-valve, replace clutch/brake fluid, remove/replace the sprockets/chain on a DSS bike - then we'd have some good information and experience for everyone.

I do some tech sessions on my Goldwing and used to for my VTX before I sold it.

They are a good way to learn, to pass on something you know, and to meet folks in your area.  We're not talking about replacing an engine, just maintenance that some folks know how to do that other folks may not or may not be comfortable with.

Pizza is NOT optional. Smiley

BTW- I have gixxer forks to go on my 695.  I'm going to swap them out soon and I already have the spacers I need.  It should be a fairly simple swap, but bleeding the brakes can become a CF if you're not smart about it.  I think this job is not a good tech session job because it will take too much time away from others that want to learn more normal maintenance tasks.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 12:13:44 PM by speedevil » Logged

Dale

"when the going gets tough, just downshift"

2004 KTM 950 | 2006 Goldwing | 2007 Ducati M695 (sold)
ghostface
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 02:21:51 PM »

Post it up on the DRILL board. Isn't this one of the reasons for a local club? See what those guys are willing to offer to the local Ducati community.  popcorn
acemoney

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 08:39:33 PM »

i'm in chicago and i'm down to be taught and learn some things from the vets.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: