Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 17, 2024, 10:04:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Street Fighter Flogged at Buttonwillow (see page 3 for ride details)  (Read 7514 times)
zvezdah1

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 12:44:22 PM »

WTF, where are the pics?

There're some nice pics taken today of a red US bike in another thread

http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=23831.0

chris

PizzaMonster

2007 S2R800

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 01:05:05 PM »

There're some nice pics taken today of a red US bike in another thread

http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=23831.0

chris

Ummm...Pretty sure stopintime is in Norway so it's probably not a US bike.

The Ducati Monster Forum - Time Well Wasted  :-)
zvezdah1

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2009, 01:38:02 PM »

Oops my bad, didn't realize that

Chris
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2009, 03:53:32 PM »

Ummm...Pretty sure stopintime is in Norway so it's probably not a US bike.

I have no idea what the differences are, except the empty space where the canister is on a US bike.
Norway is about half a globe to your right, we are strange and we seem to love taxes. StreetFighterS out the door price $41,000  Roll Eyes

Sorry about the thread jacking Smiley

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
RetroSBK

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2009, 09:08:57 PM »

Didnt really get to shoot much today.. Lots of video and interview type stuff tomorrow for the project.... Bike will be at the Rock tore tomorrow about 915 if anyone wants to see it...

Fox rode it... seemed to like it Wink

The pregnant dog reference was to me saying how B!thc!n the bike was... Im pretty pumped about this project... The suspension and ride height need some tweaking, but just like any bike these days, the stock rear link limits just how good you can get it, but I thin Ill fix that lil issue too!

Will

Will Kenefick's Retro Superbike. Bringing you the sickest Sh*t since '94
Monster Dave

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2009, 10:01:54 PM »

We got to see the SF up close and personal tonight at a local bike/car show. Sat on it, started it up, and was very impressed with it. There are the few basic mods that need done, but otherwise it's on our list of must ride bikes when the Duc truck starts making its rounds.

waytogo
zvezdah1

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2009, 03:01:45 AM »

These are great things to hear. I pre-ordered a pearl white base model just after the debut show in europe. So pretty soon my bike should get here.

Chris
Fox

succisa virescit

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2009, 08:05:32 AM »

Didnt really get to shoot much today.. Lots of video and interview type stuff tomorrow for the project.... Bike will be at the Rock tore tomorrow about 915 if anyone wants to see it...

Fox rode it... seemed to like it Wink

The pregnant dog reference was to me saying how B!thc!n the bike was... Im pretty pumped about this project... The suspension and ride height need some tweaking, but just like any bike these days, the stock rear link limits just how good you can get it, but I thin Ill fix that lil issue too!

Will

Had a good time this Saturday with a run up to the Rock Store with some time in the saddle of the street fighter. Seems like a great bike with a couple of minor tweeks to make the bike a touch more comfortable. The Ohlins suspension felt great, the brakes were great and it was pretty fast. I didn't get on it hard enough for the traction control to kick in, but I've heard it's amazing. As Will mentioned the bike is more narrow than a monster but I was able to adjust quickly. I also noticed a little heat from the engine, but I guess that's expected. All and all it seems to be like a great bike. The only question is what to do with the exhaust.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 09:25:58 AM by Fox » Logged

2008 KTM Duke 690
RetroSBK

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2009, 08:03:42 PM »

Ok y'all... Had the Street Fighter at Buttonwillow today during a Let Ride track day to have a couple of Celebs and VIP's ride it... That stuff is eyes only, but my impression is as follows - from my notes

9:00 - This thing RIPS - Motor a bit slow to rev, mappping a bit soft
10:00 - Turn in better with +8mm RRH. Front spring maxed out, need to re-do forks, really gets off the corner hard, brakes have awesome bite and great feel. almost too powerfull unless going at full chat.
11:00 - Rode HyperMotard - can you say Wheelie?
12:00 - Front tire slides WAY to soon, on fork bottoming stops mid corner. need to up spring rate and stiffen mid stack, maybe raise oil height. Once front end folded up and started sliding, TC came on and bike came right back.. pretty pregnant dogin! Needs more steering lock, hit stops twice going into turn 3 hacked out.
1:00 rode 1098R - feel like human pretzle
2:00 Pretty agro session. full lock slides exiting 2 with TC turned OFF. Motor has BIG balz and pulls for DAYS!
3:00 My poor nutz.. need to fix the seat/tank junction.. owie....
4:00 Last session... really need to fix exhaust... this thing is a swcalded dog... Way fast motor is great... few tweaks to perfection.. higher bars for SURE....

So there you have it

Will

Will Kenefick's Retro Superbike. Bringing you the sickest Sh*t since '94
Fox

succisa virescit

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2009, 07:23:51 AM »

Ok y'all... Had the Street Fighter at Buttonwillow today during a Let Ride track day to have a couple of Celebs and VIP's ride it... That stuff is eyes only, but my impression is as follows - from my notes

9:00 - This thing RIPS - Motor a bit slow to rev, mappping a bit soft
10:00 - Turn in better with +8mm RRH. Front spring maxed out, need to re-do forks, really gets off the corner hard, brakes have awesome bite and great feel. almost too powerfull unless going at full chat.
11:00 - Rode HyperMotard - can you say Wheelie?
12:00 - Front tire slides WAY to soon, on fork bottoming stops mid corner. need to up spring rate and stiffen mid stack, maybe raise oil height. Once front end folded up and started sliding, TC came on and bike came right back.. pretty pregnant dogin! Needs more steering lock, hit stops twice going into turn 3 hacked out.
1:00 rode 1098R - feel like human pretzle
2:00 Pretty agro session. full lock slides exiting 2 with TC turned OFF. Motor has BIG balz and pulls for DAYS!
3:00 My poor nutz.. need to fix the seat/tank junction.. owie....
4:00 Last session... really need to fix exhaust... this thing is a swcalded dog... Way fast motor is great... few tweaks to perfection.. higher bars for SURE....

So there you have it

Will

Sounds like fun Will. I wish I was there.

2008 KTM Duke 690
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: