Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 02:53:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Street Fighter Flogged at Buttonwillow (see page 3 for ride details)  (Read 7484 times)
Fox

succisa virescit

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 08:55:53 PM »

When you ditch the reflectors, send the mirrors packing also.  That bike is screamin for a pair of CRG's. Congrats on the bike.  I can't wait to read what you think about it.  Very, very nice.  

Agreed.

2008 KTM Duke 690
derby

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 09:01:32 PM »

One thing I did notice is the nut crushing power of the bike. It's significanly worse than the 696. Don't italians have balls? I don't get it.

if the power is crushing your nuts, you're likely riding it wrong. please orient yourself 180° and try again.

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
vampire

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 01:18:33 AM »

Congrats
i'm waiting for mine (standard version) to arrive

+1 on more PICs and review

spun out '
psycledelic

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 07:09:34 AM »

It is with deep regret that I disclose that the bike is not mine. I can't even disclose where I saw the bike should the powers that be get upset. I will only be able to have my way with it once or twice.

Well, if you can only ride her once, I say damn the forum majority and their views on full gear protection.  Ride her naked to maximize the bodily contact.  Nuts to the tank and cheeks to the seat, I say.  Then, when the moment is finally over, stand beside her on the showroom floor and proclaim to anyone that dares to stop and look that you, my friend, had her first.  (for full effect, you should probably still be naked, perched like Capt. Morgan)

06 S2R800 - the wife                         Dolph
04 999s - the mistress
mitt
Flounder-Administrator

2003 M1000s

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 07:17:48 AM »

The latest cycleworld has a full write up on it.  I have to say, their pictures do it much more justice than the PR ones Ducati did.   I really liked the looks of it with a rider on it.

mitt

Monster Dave

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 07:36:48 AM »

WANT!!!
hihhs

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 12:28:25 PM »

Well, if you can only ride her once, I say damn the forum majority and their views on full gear protection.  Ride her naked to maximize the bodily contact.  Nuts to the tank and cheeks to the seat, I say.  Then, when the moment is finally over, stand beside her on the showroom floor and proclaim to anyone that dares to stop and look that you, my friend, had her first.  (for full effect, you should probably still be naked, perched like Capt. Morgan)

REALLY WELL SAID bow down

Monster 1100
Fox

succisa virescit

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 02:48:28 PM »

Interesting thought, but there is 650 miles already on her. I may be getting sloppy seconds (she is shy about such things) and I don't know how comfortable I feel about riding her naked in that case. I'll give it a thought, cause sometimes its worth it I suppose.

2008 KTM Duke 690
RetroSBK

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 04:51:19 PM »

uhhhh.. PLEASE DONT

I think I just threw up in my mouth a lil bit

Will

Will Kenefick's Retro Superbike. Bringing you the sickest Sh*t since '94
XJBaylor

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 04:52:52 PM »

I WANT TO GO TO THERE!!!!

30 Rock. Well done.

Keith
2006 S2R 800 Black/Tang
Fox

succisa virescit

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 08:57:52 PM »

uhhhh.. PLEASE DONT

I think I just threw up in my mouth a lil bit

Will

Fair enough Will.

2008 KTM Duke 690
zvezdah1

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2009, 05:11:27 PM »

Ducati North America Streetfighter academy for dealers this weekend, Texas Motorsports ranch.Smiley

The other really nice thing that happened this week ducati announced both S and base models will be a the launch on the 22-23, so that means I'll be getting my base pearl white sooner than I thought. Smiley
Chris

It is with deep regret that I disclose that the bike is not mine. I can't even disclose where I saw the bike should the powers that be get upset. I will only be able to have my way with it once or twice.
RetroSBK

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2009, 06:42:48 PM »

Its a pregnant dogin bike.. put a few miles on her today...

Really a lot like the Tribute Bikes we build... A bit slower, but SOOOO narrow... Your knee's almost touch when riding it. Suspension is a bit out of tune, But Ill sort that out this weekend. Throttle response is pretty perfect...

REALLY need to get rid of that damn exhuast tho.. KILLS my knee to be turned out like that.. I need a few weeks to get caught up on some other work, but you never know what comes out of our lil shop...

Will

Will Kenefick's Retro Superbike. Bringing you the sickest Sh*t since '94
zvezdah1

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 10:31:09 AM »

Its a pregnant dogin bike.. put a few miles on her today...

Will

WIll, I don't understand what that means?Huh?? Smiley Is it good or bad?

I've had a 910 brute, same deal with the pipes you do get used to it after a bit. MC mag said their's a 3/4" gap between heat shield and pipe. so that could certainly be adjusted, put a bit of insulation on the heat shield.
Chris
red baron

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 12:19:43 PM »

WTF, where are the pics?

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: