Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 01:45:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do for prevention of motorcycle theft?  (Read 42727 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2009, 11:43:58 AM »

Agreed that you don't even really have to aim a tactical shotgun. 

Spread on 12ga 18" cylinder barrel with 00 buckshot (9 pellets max) is about 4-5 inches at 30 feet.  Yes, you still gotta aim!

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
fastwin
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2009, 12:36:04 PM »

Sure do. Taught a tactical shotgun class for 11 years. Great misconception about scatterguns. People think you just point and shoot. Even with birdshot you can easily miss someone in your bedroom. Maybe even more than once!

OK... back to keeping your bike safe. waytogo
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2009, 01:06:42 PM »

Well a Serbu with a 9 in barrel and birdshot might not need aim...

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
SOLOMONster

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2009, 04:15:01 PM »

I have heard of bikes being stolen that were locked to an eye-bolt in the concrete.  It's too easy to use a jackhammer or other tools to work on the concrete.  Speaking from experience, its a lot easier to use bolt-cutters effectively when you can use your body weight.  With this in mind, I run my cable around the I-beam in my garage as a strategy to thwart would be thieves. Hopefully, having the cable hanging from the ceiling will make it harder for them to cut the it.

I am also hoping Santa will bring me one of those disk locks that makes thieves ears bleed...

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
fastwin
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2009, 08:00:20 PM »

Well a Serbu with a 9 in barrel and birdshot might not need aim...

All my class III shorties are full stock 14 inchers. Never liked the Ithaca "stakeout"-type pistol grip shorties. Like you and I said: gotta aim. Ghost ring sights and a Surefire forearm are worth their weight in gold in a time of stress. waytogo Especially when someone is jack hammering up your concreted eye bolt! Grin So many dirt bags out there, so little time. bang head
triangleforge
I'm just a guy. I'm no

2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 11:44:20 AM »

All my bikes are covered with Dowco bike covers. They took only one cover off and tried to move my Hayabusa.

A sacrificial Hayabusa -- that's just BRILLIANT!   cheeky

By hammer and hand all arts do stand.
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 01:26:28 PM »

This is not a gun thread. Grin

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 02:54:28 PM »

This is not a gun thread. Grin

I thought this was more of a "I don't have enough to worry about" thread.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
fastwin
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2009, 07:05:07 PM »

A sacrificial Hayabusa -- that's just BRILLIANT!   cheeky

Yeah, they didn't even get to the good bikes... the Ducatis! laughingdp Maybe the Busa scared them off! bang head
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2010, 12:44:09 PM »

i just sit around in my garage naked most of the time. scares everybody away.

fastwin
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2010, 06:25:17 PM »

Always effective. Where do you hide the concealed firearms? laughingdp
junior varsity
loves ze desmodromics.

GT1k, 99 M900(V), 98 M900(W), 00 M900S, 02 748E/R

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2010, 06:39:07 PM »

we didn't have to conceal in TN. things are less "comfortable" in my garage since I moved to Dallas.

hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 09:34:58 PM »

I have heard of bikes being stolen that were locked to an eye-bolt in the concrete.  It's too easy to use a jackhammer or other tools to work on the concrete.  Speaking from experience, its a lot easier to use bolt-cutters effectively when you can use your body weight.  With this in mind, I run my cable around the I-beam in my garage as a strategy to thwart would be thieves. Hopefully, having the cable hanging from the ceiling will make it harder for them to cut the it.

I am also hoping Santa will bring me one of those disk locks that makes thieves ears bleed...

lol i dare someone to break out a jackhammer at 3 am in my carport to try and steel one of my bikes they would never hear the pitbulls running towards them till it was way too late.

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2010, 04:21:28 AM »

I have heard of bikes being stolen that were locked to an eye-bolt in the concrete.  It's too easy to use a jackhammer or other tools to work on the concrete. 

"it's too easy to use a jackhammer?"

i have to laugh at this comment.  even the small electric jackhammers weigh around 75-80 lbs.  it's not like you can tote them around looking for a bike to steal.

TrevOwnz

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2010, 09:21:42 PM »

I had my Kawi Ninja ZX-6R stolen and that hurt bad. I had my Dad come by my place and drill a hole in the ground and put a archer in with cement. Now I run a very thick chain threw the frame and archer. I will probably get LoJack when I get the money. For now I will chain it to things.

1999 Ducati Monster 750
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: