Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 01:46:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 620 / 695 Oil Cooler Aftermarket....  (Read 32498 times)
hcomp
All this time I wondered what it was like to have a

Nothing to see here

« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2009, 12:35:02 PM »

私はあなたの署名を愛する!!!

LOL! Thanks!!

にもかかわらず、私の車は本当に速いドライブ、私は女性の生殖器のようなバイクに乗る
hcomp
All this time I wondered what it was like to have a

Nothing to see here

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2010, 06:30:33 PM »

We just had a customer send some pics of our oil cooler installed.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 10:17:39 PM by ryanracer » Logged

にもかかわらず、私の車は本当に速いドライブ、私は女性の生殖器のようなバイクに乗る
Rakowski21

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2010, 06:41:28 PM »

What a nice looking bike... kinda looks like mine:)
thanks Ryan for great customer service and such a good looking oil cooler chug
tangopeter

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2010, 11:14:58 AM »

If the cooler works as well as it looks, I'm sold!

Btw, the Motowheels site still seems to show the old set (old bracket and lines not coated):
H Competition Oil Cooler Kit: M695/620, @ $425,00 
(http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=1054|Monster%20Engine%20%26%20Performance&productID=7157&showDetail=1&categoryID=1077|Monster%20%20Engine%20Cooling&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=1202|Ducati)
- Is that correct?

- Do more people have experience with the oil cooler now?

- It would be great if someone could help me out with the installation instructions pdf, so I can judge if I can install the cooler myself.

Thanks in advance,
Peter
tangopeter

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2010, 11:24:11 AM »

I had just installed the oil cooler on my 620.  It was taken off a SS750.  I can post some instruction and pics.  It's really easy. 

That would be great! Thanks in advance.
tangopeter@hotmail.com
Goat_Herder

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2010, 08:30:19 PM »

This is actually quite easy.  I think anybody can do it.  It's more or less of just finding the right parts and putting them together.  While you are at it, you might as well change the oil, too.  

You need 1) the oil cooler kit.  I like the 2000+ style cooler better than the older style.  They are all interchangable, I believe.  I found a set in excellent condition on ebay for $200.  

2) a set of nipples to connect the hoses to the engine.  Also need the bypass spring so the oil would be redirected to the cooler.  

3) the last piece took me the longest to find - the intake valve over on the horizontal cylinder.  I paid $40 for a bucket of left over parts off a crashed SS.  The cover was in it.

Once you got all the parts, you are now ready to bolt them on.  Some might do them in different order, but this was what made sense to me.  

Take off the intake valve cover and put on the new one.

Drain oil first, as if you are changing the oil.  Take off the 2 bolts that caps the outlets.  Be sure to save the washers.  You will need need them when bolting on the nipples.

Connect the oil cooler and the hoses.  You can already see your 620 transformed!  

Remove the oil filter and remove the stem that connects the filter to the engine.  This will take some elbow grease.  I used my foot to anchor the wrench and really cranked it.

Install the bypass spring so the rubber part blocks the hole.  The picture is looking up from underneath.  Reinstall the filter stem.  Make sure you use a torque wrench.  I forgot how much to torque it...  Check with your dealer on that.

Put the oil drain plug and filter back in.  Add oil.  let her run for a bit.  Stand back and admire.  *I miss my yellow 620!*
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 08:36:49 PM by Goat_Herder » Logged

Goat Herder (Tony)
2003 Ducati Monster 620 - Yellow SOLD
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Black KILLED
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Red
tangopeter

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2010, 10:26:25 PM »

Wow, Tony, that IS great. That really helps me taking decisions.

Thank you!

Peter

ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2010, 12:47:38 AM »

I saw a cooler that had both hose connections one one side of the cooler instead of opposite ends on top.  In/out hoses only 3 in from each other.  It is a much cleaner look since they're not looped over.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
tangopeter

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2010, 01:24:27 AM »

Does someone know where to get it?
Goat_Herder

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2010, 08:43:46 AM »

I saw a cooler that had both hose connections one one side of the cooler instead of opposite ends on top.  In/out hoses only 3 in from each other.  It is a much cleaner look since they're not looped over.
I think that's the hoses from the Hypermotard.  I agree, much cleaner look  waytogo

Goat Herder (Tony)
2003 Ducati Monster 620 - Yellow SOLD
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Black KILLED
2007 Ducati Monster S2R1000 - Red
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2010, 09:24:40 AM »

Not the hoses - the spigots on the cooler.  All of the factory coolers have the spigots on top.

Having them on the side allows other mounting options although it would drain when you turned the bike off

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
tangopeter

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2010, 10:34:45 AM »

Does anyone have access to the installation instructions or PDF of the Motowheels set?
Any help appreciated.
moto

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2010, 12:37:09 PM »

Does anyone have access to the installation instructions or PDF of the Motowheels set?
Any help appreciated.

Please contact Matt@motowheels.com. He can check the box and send you any instructions that are in it.
It is a fairly easy install with all the parts you need.

-M

www.motowheels.com

96 M944
98 900SS FE
01 996R
02 MV Agusta F4 750
05 999R
06 SC1000
07 1098
08 M696
Monster Dave

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2010, 06:42:25 AM »

Hey Ryan,

I don't recall if you explained this, but what was the relevance to making an oil cooler for the air cooled Monsters?

Just curious.
Scotzman
Now that's thinking with your

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2010, 06:59:47 AM »

Valid question about cooler with air cooled bikes. before I had it I would get up to 280 in the summer, with it about 240-250. Granted it still gets just about as hot if not moving, but cools alot quicker once I do.

I've got the PDF instructions if anyone needs them.

"Get your haggis right here. Chopped heart and lungs boiled in a wee sheep's stomach.
Tastes as good as it sounds. Good for what ales you."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: