Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 24, 2024, 05:51:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Firefighter Who killed Police Officer on motorcycle found guilty!!  (Read 2340 times)
Grrrly

Industrial Grrrl

« on: May 15, 2008, 04:36:37 AM »

for those that wondered what ever happened with this.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/15/nyregion/15firefighter.html?partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

A volunteer firefighter from New Jersey who struck and killed an off-duty New York City police officer with his sport utility vehicle was found guilty of second-degree manslaughter on Wednesday in State Supreme Court. The firefighter, Robert Derian, 25, of Saddle River, was also found guilty on four lesser charges.

Prosecutors said that Mr. Derian’s blood-alcohol level was above the legal limit for driving at the time of the accident in August 2006.

They accused Mr. Derian of road rage, saying an argument had seemingly caused him to go after Eric Concepcion, 29, the officer who was killed as he rode his motorcycle on the Henry Hudson Parkway.

Mr. Derian’s lawyers had argued that the crash was an accident.

Mr. Derian will be sentenced on May 28. He faces up to 15 years in prison.

“It was a long time coming,” Mr. Concepcion’s cousin Lucria Ortiz, 32, said in court. “The family is definitely happy with the verdict.”

Hours before Mr. Derian was found guilty, another man was sentenced for killing a police officer while driving drunk. The man, Kevin Casado, received two to six years in prison for hitting the idling motorcycle of Officer Alexander Felix with his minivan. Mr. Casado pleaded guilty in March to vehicular manslaughter in the accident, which happened in Inwood last July.

Got Duc

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 04:56:17 AM »

Good news!

I did forget about that.

Thanks for posting.

Why do roaches always die on their back?

That because the survivors flip them over to steal their sneakers and wallets.
EvilSteve
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 05:32:59 AM »

Glad to see justice is done.

Hadn't forgotten the senseless death of the officer at all.
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 05:44:54 AM »

Thanks for the update.  I do hope he gets the maximum sentence.
univox

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 07:45:53 AM »

I wasn't around to hear the story originally, but it sounds like the guy chased him through traffic and ran him down on purpose. I'm surprised they didn't go after him with murder charges.
GLantern

08 Red 1098, 07 DRZ400S

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 07:47:14 AM »

I wasn't around to hear the story originally, but it sounds like the guy chased him through traffic and ran him down on purpose. I'm surprised they didn't go after him with murder charges.

Geez glad justice was served

"Just ride and never ever look back"

www.suspectsunlimited.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: