Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 10:40:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: Plastic tank problems  (Read 109255 times)
DucLeone

« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2009, 07:33:39 AM »

let my ask this...
could it be due the charcoal canister?
i mean the went hose is directed into it right,when my tank got deformed it had the canister installed.
i got the tank replaced and the canister is gone.haven't had a problem yet.
maybe the canister prohibit it to went and the pressure is the cause for deformation

DUCATI NON E UNA MOTO, E UN STILE DI VIVERE
KISS FRENCH AND RIDE ITALIAN
S2R 800 Black
Statler
Flounder-Administrator

Gravel rashed froo froo white is the fastest color

« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2009, 07:47:25 AM »

let my ask this...
i mean the went hose is directed into it right,when my tank got deformed it had the canister installed.
maybe the canister prohibit it to went and the pressure is the cause for deformation

nope.   lots of bikes with the canister gone before ever running.

It's still buy a flounder a drink month
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #122 on: May 03, 2009, 10:34:02 AM »

I know this may sound stupid but since when can the Sun shine inside a gas tank that is closed up 99.99999999999% of the time Huh?    Dolph    Cheesy

you need to read the whole thread. you missed quite a bit.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #123 on: May 03, 2009, 10:39:36 AM »

let my ask this...

that's a good question, and a good way to test it would be to find non-USA bikes using the same crappy fuel.

i removed my canister setup less than a month after getting the bike.  maybe 2 weeks and i put probably 500-600 miles on the bike in that time.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
DucLeone

« Reply #124 on: May 03, 2009, 01:15:00 PM »

that's a good question, and a good way to test it would be to find non-USA bikes using the same crappy fuel.

i removed my canister setup less than a month after getting the bike.  maybe 2 weeks and i put probably 500-600 miles on the bike in that time.
see when i got my bike it had 1000mi on the clock and a canister installed and the tank was spread out at the bottom, the revoval on the canister i did shortly before i got the new tank,and havn't had a problem

DUCATI NON E UNA MOTO, E UN STILE DI VIVERE
KISS FRENCH AND RIDE ITALIAN
S2R 800 Black
J.P.

« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2009, 03:45:38 PM »

see when i got my bike it had 1000mi on the clock and a canister installed and the tank was spread out at the bottom, the revoval on the canister i did shortly before i got the new tank,and havn't had a problem
Seems to be related to age of tank- please keep us informed on the new one.
Interresting to note from the other board- US spec. tanks are different than the rest of the world- due to emission standards.
And my charcoal canister was the first thing I pulled w/in a week of ownership.

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2009, 04:16:27 PM »

Seems to be related to age of tank- please keep us informed on the new one.
Interresting to note from the other board- US spec. tanks are different than the rest of the world- due to emission standards.
And my charcoal canister was the first thing I pulled w/in a week of ownership.

i am not aware that this is true.  the parts catalogue for the '05 monster (s2r) lists the same number for the tank, but denotes US-spec parts (like charcoal canister and side reflectors)

Alexandre
Monstro

« Reply #127 on: May 06, 2009, 07:28:58 PM »

let my ask this...

this sound like a possible explanation
quick, everybody remove your charcoal canisters
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #128 on: May 07, 2009, 08:28:04 AM »

I  haven't noticed any problems with my tank yet, but then I've got a full tail chop.  Maybe the tank is jealous and wants to be as ugly as the stock rear fender/tail thingie.   cheeky

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #129 on: May 07, 2009, 11:47:15 AM »

can i change my vote? i am starting to see some changes in my tank.
-getting closer to the ignition
-the frame pad on one side might have moved a bit

06 s2r1000
always 87 octane
10% or so ethenol
0 miles with the emissions can in place

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
pennyrobber

« Reply #130 on: May 07, 2009, 12:48:45 PM »

I have noticed the warpage on others bikes now that maybe haven't noticed yet. The dark bikes really show the warps well. Check out the knee cutout on the bike in the photo (not my picture, found it on bikes of DML). For some reason though, it seems that the right knee cutouts warp before the left knee cutouts.

Men face reality and women don't. That's why men need to drink. -George Christopher
ute

I Have Titanium

« Reply #131 on: May 07, 2009, 04:30:21 PM »

wow .....that's crazy

i would be pissed if that was mine

are all your tanks like that ?

so definitive no recall  ?
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #132 on: May 07, 2009, 05:52:10 PM »

I have noticed the warpage on others bikes now that maybe haven't noticed yet. The dark bikes really show the warps well. Check out the knee cutout on the bike in the photo (not my picture, found it on bikes of DML). For some reason though, it seems that the right knee cutouts warp before the left knee cutouts.

other than the front touchign the keyswitch, mine looks like that now... argh!   bang head

woppini
« Reply #133 on: May 07, 2009, 08:34:53 PM »

Ducati will warranty the tank under its emission control. Which i believe is 12,000 miles or 5 years. But it all lies within your dealer to see if they really care. My dealer is over an hour away, and my new tank is on its way to be installed (my bike is out of the standard warranty). Will it warp again? dunno, probably. But hey, a new tank is still a new tank.
ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2009, 04:13:44 AM »

will anyone who gets a new tank coat the inside before putting in gas?

is there any reason to think that would not help or otherwise be a problem?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: