Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 05:55:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: Plastic tank problems  (Read 109633 times)
ute

I Have Titanium

« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2009, 04:10:48 PM »

so 104 replys

and only 1 picture............................lets see more pics of these bad tanks

i have an 06 and use ethanol 10% since new .....no problems ...but would like pics  for reference

thanks
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2009, 04:36:04 PM »

its reallly hard to get the pics of the bumps, is there anyway i can post up the sensation of running your fingers across the tank and feeling bumps and ridges?

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
damianS4RS

« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2009, 05:47:55 PM »

First I noticed my bars were hitting, now the left side tank pad is barely on the frame. Any chance they'll send me a carbon tank?  Tongue

For those who've had it replaced, is it quicker to call the Duc rep first or take it to the dealer first?

UPDATE: After closer inspection, right side of tank is wavy and latch is touching key surround.

07 S4RS
4500 mi
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 05:59:09 AM by damianS4RS » Logged
Gus Duc

« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2009, 05:55:37 PM »

so 104 replys

and only 1 picture............................lets see more pics of these bad tanks

i have an 06 and use ethanol 10% since new .....no problems ...but would like pics  for reference

thanks

Sorry my tank is at the dealer now Wink

In my case, the triple hit the left side of the tank at full lock, I could barely open the latch, & the tank pads on both sides were barely touching the frame.
ute

I Have Titanium

« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2009, 04:39:06 PM »

First I noticed my bars were hitting, now the left side tank pad is barely on the frame. Any chance they'll send me a carbon tank?  Tongue

For those who've had it replaced, is it quicker to call the Duc rep first or take it to the dealer first?

ok so lets see a pic
mitt
Flounder-Administrator

2003 M1000s

« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2009, 06:03:38 PM »

One of the other Monster owners in my town has an early s2r800 and I looked close at it last weekend - no blemishes or expanded problems I could see.

mitt

jdubbs32584
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2009, 04:52:03 AM »

My 07 S2R 800 seems to have slight warping. The right side of the tank by the latch is closer to the key guard than the left. Also, when I ride, the tank seems uneven at the knee guards, like its angled to the left or something. I'll see if I can get pics when I get back home.
DLSGAP

« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2009, 05:18:30 AM »

not sure about on the Duc... but I've experienced issues with an Aprilia RSV losing some of its shape.. so much to the point that the fuel pump assembly wouldn't seal on the bottom of the tank and fuel went EVERYWHERE

Damien
'07 Kawi ZX-10R Candy Plasma Blue
Draggin Knees since 1988

J.P.

« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2009, 07:37:24 AM »

Took it in, for belts, check tank.
It's official-according to my dealer- Ducati isn't gonna do anything about it. Just gave it back as is.
But- according to the S. Classic guys(ducati.ms)- DNA knows about the problem and is trying to get another US only spec. tank into production- around late 2009?. The ones that were recently replaced are deforming as well.

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2009, 03:52:05 PM »

Took it in, for belts, check tank.
It's official-according to my dealer- Ducati isn't gonna do anything about it. Just gave it back as is.
But- according to the S. Classic guys(ducati.ms)- DNA knows about the problem and is trying to get another US only spec. tank into production- around late 2009?. The ones that were recently replaced are deforming as well.

wait.. you mean they are developing a replacement tank for these bikes or are designing a new tank for future bikes?

at least half a dozen folks have had their monster tanks replaced here.

what year is your bike?

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
Loyalizer

SomeKindOfWonderful

« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2009, 06:02:27 PM »

hey!  my magnetic tank bag won't stay on either!  Why isn't that on the poll

Try Syrup, or Honey...

Look! up on the Highway! My word! It's insane! No! It's a Monster....
DoubleEagle

" If you are unafraid you will be safe "

« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2009, 11:37:09 PM »

how much sunlight does the inside of your gas tank get??
  I know this may sound stupid but since when can the Sun shine inside a gas tank that is closed up 99.99999999999% of the time Huh?    Dolph    Cheesy

'08 Ducati 1098 R    '09 BMW K 1300 GT   '10 BMW S 1000 RR

Shortest sentence...." I am "   Longest sentence ... " I Do "
DoubleEagle

" If you are unafraid you will be safe "

« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2009, 12:22:38 AM »

MY #2 S4Rs that I just sold had tank problems.

It was a '07 , never ran on Ethanol because it was never ridden , ( 7 ) miles when sold. It did however still have a full tank of gas.

The Tank latch would not once it was unlatched re latch without putting a finger underneath the bar and manipulating it under the lip so that it could be then latched down.

I remember when I attached the leads for the Battery Tender , I unbolted the Ignition Cover so I could get to it easily . Then figured out I could just use a finger to manipulate it to latch.

Frame Bumpers were in place.

South Central, Ohio                         Dolph

'08 Ducati 1098 R    '09 BMW K 1300 GT   '10 BMW S 1000 RR

Shortest sentence...." I am "   Longest sentence ... " I Do "
J.P.

« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2009, 04:15:50 AM »

wait.. you mean they are developing a replacement tank for these bikes or are designing a new tank for future bikes?

at least half a dozen folks have had their monster tanks replaced here.

what year is your bike?
'06 year. DNA told poster that they are working on a fix. Due out somtime in '09.
Just noticed another dimple on top the wasn't there 2 weeks ago when I took it to the dealer- weird.
Hopefully the monster community will bring this problem to DNA's attention.
This poll only shows %50 with problems, but a new one should be broken down by tank age- mine seemed fine for 2.5 years.

'06 S2R1k- Have a nice day! Smiley
Greg

« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2009, 04:46:14 AM »

I originally answered YES to tank spreading problems, as a while back I noticed that one of the frame mounts was half way off. Then the other day when I was getting gas,  I noticed when I popped the gas tank that it was pressured up really bad, after that I happened to check the frame mount again and it was back to normal. So maybe the tanks are prone to spreading due to internal pressure and then after a while the deformation becomes permanent. Anyway, I have been checking my tank for pressure build up on each ride now.

2012 M1100 Evo with Termis
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: